• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT WTF

I think the real point they were making is that "if she knew that was the last round, she'd have played it differently" and I agree. I was shocked to read that Weese didn't know the score this past weekend... that is simply irresponsible.

I hear people all the time say they don't want to know where they stand and that's a person I can beat. If I know I only need to layup and tap out to win, I will. I ALWAYS know the score. I had a 3 throw lead this past weekend with only a hole to go. I was bogey free during the round, but the last hole had a 2- foot gap 75 feet away from the teebox and an kick off the tree could easily go OB. So I sucked it up and pitched out through a large gap 90 degrees the wrong way. Took a bogey, but I beat the guy chasing me.

So yeah, I liked the story as a person who always knows the score. I don't subscribe to "I'm playing the course, not the people" because it's beating the people that gets you paid.

I think the real point they were making is that "if she knew that was the last round, she'd have played it differently" and I agree.

How would she have played 17 differently? Especially from the point where they point out that all she has to do is get up and down to win.

How would she have played 17 differently? Especially from the point where they point out that all she has to do is get up and down to win.

You can't really know, but I would guess the way she throws a putter she could have thrown some controlled putter / mid range shots that wouldn't go as far off the tee, but might have stayed on the fairway better, possibly allowing for much smoother up and down.

My biggest gripe is how the story is told out of sequence.

This is where I think a narrator would've been better than the graphics. Being able to tell the viewer about "going back" to the critical point of the 2nd round with verbal transitions. It's a little thing, but it could easily make it more palatable to the casual viewer and certainly easier to follow for everyone.

This is the first one. As with all "firsts", if Steve will keep at it, he'll probably get much better at it. All in all, not a bad first video. Editing is the toughest part of making these things.

It's funny that people are critiquing the technical / video editing aspects of something done in such poor taste that it doesn't matter. THIS - IS - GARBAGE. "Rubbish" for our UK friends.

Quick poor taste examples:
1 - A effing gravestone - poor taste and shame on someone.

2 - Picking on a sweet, female player, most likely by a male(s). (My first watch perception, too weird / awkward to watch again.)

This is one of those "any press is good press" / "gets the people talkin!" pieces. It is pure garbage and I hope the Pro Tour burns. That may be harsh, but how can you put stuff out like this with the tour's name on it???

Eh, it just seems to be a silly argument due to the next day rain out which couldn't be predicted. Might as well blame any hole she bogied or dropped a stroke over the three holes.

Yes. There's no drama involved because the expectation was of another round to follow. It was mere happenstance that she dropped strokes then.

And I'd apologize for that video if any of the novices I've introduced to the game were to watch it.

Most of us on here play competitively occasionally, even if it is for a bag tag.
We all know, every shot counts.
Most of us have had one-hole melt-downs that cost us...whatever.
SO why spend all that time and production effort to make a video to make the point that every shot counts?

Not a fan of this video.

This is where I think a narrator would've been better than the graphics. Being able to tell the viewer about "going back" to the critical point of the 2nd round with verbal transitions. It's a little thing, but it could easily make it more palatable to the casual viewer and certainly easier to follow for everyone.

This is the first one. As with all "firsts", if Steve will keep at it, he'll probably get much better at it. All in all, not a bad first video. Editing is the toughest part of making these things.

Now everybody go back and watch that with the voice of the NFL Films guy reading the lines..... Ah yes!

Content aside, the vid is in line with the social media 'drama' of FB, Twitter, and Instagram, but in a 3 minute format. Any good marketer knows to get views, and as a result, visits and business and revenue, there must be a reason to speak up or get involved. Controversy and the resulting polarization of a market segment drives business.

They've done their job... and there are 5 pages right here to prove it!

2 - Picking on a sweet, female player, most likely by a male(s). (My first watch perception, too weird / awkward to watch again.)

Yes because she's just a poor little defenseless girl who needs to be watched after and only told sweet things. :gross::gross:

Get out of here with that chivalrous sexism. If you really want to champion gender equality, you need to recognize that positive and negative things are said about a player with no regard to their gender.

Paige is an athlete and 3x world champion. You can't celebrate the toughness and willpower that takes and in the same breath tell people to take it easy on her because she's a "sweet female player"

Yes because she's just a poor little defenseless girl who needs to be watched after and only told sweet things. :gross::gross:

Get out of here with that chivalrous sexism. If you really want to champion gender equality, you need to recognize that positive and negative things are said about a player with no regard to their gender.

Paige is an athlete and 3x world champion. You can't celebrate the toughness and willpower that takes and in the same breath tell people to take it easy on her because she's a "sweet female player"

Well put, Jamie, for the most part. One of many issues I have with the video (we're already talking about it way too much) is that Paige, in my perception, does not deserve a hot take gossip piece made about her. This is Nikko type stuff, he puts out vibes that bring back stuff like this and he probably likes that, or at least recognizes why his hot headedness might inspire a video about it.

You know Innova would never think of doing something this trashy. Thank God cuz these two glow wraiths I bought at 7 eleven today are siiiiiicckk (168/9 twins).

This stuff matters to some consumers. Maybe it's offset by some that think it's cool, who knows. Remember the 420, remember this. Support Innova & Trilogy. God bless America and DGCR.

Man, this video has definitely made for a lot of discussion. Personally, I am OK with players' mistakes being highlighted, because as professionals they have to know that they might be called out. But I think this could have been also used to tell a redemption story, which highlights not only failure, but also making good on that failure.

Paige closed Nick Hyde poorly, then went to Jonesboro and struggled on hole 16 through the first three rounds. On hole 16 of the final round, she put those demons behind her, clutched up, and won the event. I think that story still brings plenty of drama to the table, and goes out on a high note.

Regardless, I am hopeful DGPT has received the message on this one. I think it was well-intentioned, but just not particularly well-executed. Hopefully the next video in this series will be a little more realistic, but still able to make people care. That's the sweet spot.

Not to mention that just upstream someone quoted Paige as loving it.

The thrill of victory...............and the agony of defeat. Hardly a revolutionary concept. Much ado about nothing here. I liked the two videos, they paint the game as a sport.

Again, the video is considerably better if you read it in the voice of NFL Films!

Latest posts