• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Diamond (in the rough?)

This sounds like an interesting disc by Latitude. I'm concerned why they seem to be marketing this towards kids and woman though. You guys seem to like the disc and seems like a good utitlity disc for hyzer flips, rollers, etc.. I just feel like this isn't being marketed properly. Maybe I'll check one out next time I get paid.

This sounds like an interesting disc by Latitude. I'm concerned why they seem to be marketing this towards kids and woman though. You guys seem to like the disc and seems like a good utitlity disc for hyzer flips, rollers, etc.. I just feel like this isn't being marketed properly. Maybe I'll check one out next time I get paid.

I have a couple of Diamonds on the way, and I have come to terms with the fact that discs marketed to women and children work nicely for me. If one's sense of self-worth is not tied to what disc you throw, and your throw is reasonably clean, you may find that "women and children" discs can do some pretty cool stuff.

I fondled a couple at the local shop today and found out why they are marketed this way. It feels very much like it was designed for smaller hands.

I may get one to try, not saying it can't be thrown by larger hands as well, but would be ideal for smaller ones.

So, has anyone heard when max weight diamonds might be available? Who would be the first to carry them? I've got a 170 gripline vision, and I'm suspicious that I'm not getting distance because it's too fast. I'm hoping the diamond might be better since it's smaller, slower, and still fairly understable.

Sounds like you might want to try a River. I am not sure they are going to be heavier Diamonds are there? Try a 160-165 River. After you beat it up a little and get the flashing off it should be good to go.

So, has anyone heard when max weight diamonds might be available? Who would be the first to carry them? I've got a 170 gripline vision, and I'm suspicious that I'm not getting distance because it's too fast. I'm hoping the diamond might be better since it's smaller, slower, and still fairly understable.

Why is max weight important?

He may be throwing all max weight drivers and he might want to keep all his drivers around the same weight for consistency's sake.

What makes the Diamond unique, at least at this point, is that it's been engineered to be light weight and smaller in the hand. Because this mold most likely has less volume of plastic, i doubt a 175g would behave anything like the 150ish and ptld2001 would be disappointed.

Recommending the other "max weight" drivers on the market that accomplish more or less the same lines/distance is the logical response, ie. rivers, leopards, sidewinders, roadrunners, etc... but all those lack the smaller-in-the-hand feel.

Try a Diamond light. You may find throwing a 150g disc isn't as drastic a feeling as throwing a 175g disc.... or maybe not. To each, their own.

Last edited:
I have a couple of Diamonds on the way, and I have come to terms with the fact that discs marketed to women and children work nicely for me. If one's sense of self-worth is not tied to what disc you throw, and your throw is reasonably clean, you may find that "women and children" discs can do some pretty cool stuff.

Throw
What
Works

Throw
What
Works
Ab
so
lutely

Two Diamonds showed up today, 154 and 157 grams, both red and quite domey. Unfortunately my neighbor's disc-eating evergreen claimed the 157 on its first throw (a nice turnover that didn't quite start fading in time). I did not find the missing Diamond (yet), but I did find the light green KC Pro Gazelle that disappeared into the same tree last week. :eek:

With flash intact, the 154 Diamond was more HSS and LSS compared with a newish M PLS that I was throwing for comparison. I expect the Diamond to lose some stability when flash wears down. The Diamond was similar to the River in its lift and glide, and also in demanding nose-down on the throw. The PLS was much more forgiving of a little nose-up.

I look forward to seeing how the Diamond performs on the course, especially after it loses its initial stability.

Actually, I'm a "she", which is part of why I'm interested in a diamond. I need about a 170g because I have a terrible problem with off axis torque, and the heavier discs aren't affected as badly. Obviously, the long term answer is to get rid of the OAT, but that's proved to be extremely challenging. So, in the meantime, I find that the discs that fly best for me are extremely understable (people call them scary understable) discs, around 170g. Right now, I'm throwing an extremely beat dx eagle and dx gazelle. I'd heard that diamonds would max out at 170g, so that's why I'm hoping.

I have access to a River, probably more like low 170s. I'll try that, but I expect it'll be way too overstable. I haven't even seen a diamond anywhere in the area, but I'm interested in seeing how it feels.

Actually, I'm a "she", which is part of why I'm interested in a diamond. I need about a 170g because I have a terrible problem with off axis torque, and the heavier discs aren't affected as badly. Obviously, the long term answer is to get rid of the OAT, but that's proved to be extremely challenging. So, in the meantime, I find that the discs that fly best for me are extremely understable (people call them scary understable) discs, around 170g. Right now, I'm throwing an extremely beat dx eagle and dx gazelle. I'd heard that diamonds would max out at 170g, so that's why I'm hoping.

I have access to a River, probably more like low 170s. I'll try that, but I expect it'll be way too overstable. I haven't even seen a diamond anywhere in the area, but I'm interested in seeing how it feels.

The max weight for the diamond's diameter is 175.1g
Try a beat sidewinder or roadrunner- you can get those in about any weight ya want and they are gonna be 'scary' understable

If you go with a River, try a GL in low 160s

you probably don't have too bad of OAT if you like throwing "scary understable" discs, do they turn and burn a lot?

No, they actually don't turn much. They still fade left, but it's about the closest to straight I'm able to throw.

I looked up the stats again on the diamond, and it looks like I remembered the speed incorrectly. It turns out it's an 8, the same speed as the Vision. The River I can try is a 171gm, so that should be reasonable for me to try. Can't wait for the weather to settle so I can try it out!

It's not any wider than a River. It feels faster because of it's low profile.

I whole-heartedly suggest trying a 155ish Diamond. If you can manage OAT throwing that beat DX Eagle, the diamond won't give you any trouble. Just add a bit more hyzer.

I'm still looking for a good disc that I can throw with a standstill on a hyzer line and have it very very slowly pop up and fade to the right for those S holes where if you don't have a flick you are screwed. Would a diamond be a good choice you think?

Ever tried an Elite-X Stratus?

Just picked one of these up for my wife. Super shallow rim and crazy domey. Clear with a Silver Stamp, I think I like Opto more than goldline now.

Just picked one of these up for my wife. Super shallow rim and crazy domey. Clear with a Silver Stamp, I think I like Opto more than goldline now.

Here it is. Has a couple freckles in the rim.

Open fairway throws only!
1Yyky.jpg

Latest posts