• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Gator

I've always just give it a hard thrust when I want it to snap on.

A cord might work, but it'd be getting all tangled up and in the way. Just like a GR.

It doesnt seem nearly as useful as a golden retriever paired with a baseball..... the pole seems too short to be of any good.

I got one as a gift for Christmas from one of my DG bro's, he even bought it from KW'S Disc Golf too!

I have used it several times to retrieve discs from the creek on my local 9 hole course and to grab two discs from a pond at another course. Sure one type of grabber cant DO EVERYTHING but I has worked for me so far.

I don't know how long mine is but each pole section is about 1.5' ( I'm guessing ) and it gets pretty long. Edit: Just looked...22" sections combine to reach 11 feet.

I found a six pack cooler that the gator fits into real nice to carry it. I got the sweet green/black one :thmbup:.

Link for cooler/case:http://www.tgw.com/accessories/golf-carts/golf-cart-accessories/rj-sports-6-can-tube-coolers

The rule in the group is who ever has to use first carries it for the round, so one person (me) does not have to tote that thing all day!

Funny thing is that I have not had to grab one of my own discs with it yet :D.

Last edited:
I've found that a golden retriever / disc gator combination is the ultimate disc retrieval solution, aside from just jumping in. Retriever has more range, and you can often use it to get the disc into gator range.

Does anyone happen to know the name of the outfit that sells crazy long extension poles for these? I saw them at the GBO Block Party, but lost their card and can't for the life of me remember the name of the outfit.

For what it's worth they said that all of the poles they had on hand sold out quick.

Any lead would be helpful.

I bought one last summer and there were a lot available. I checked every source I know today and nothing. Weird. The distributor is still in business, maybe he's just waiting for spring to order more.

I've found that a golden retriever / disc gator combination is the ultimate disc retrieval solution, aside from just jumping in. Retriever has more range, and you can often use it to get the disc into gator range.

100% correct. I carry both in my bag. Use my gator more often, and in a wider variety of situations, but still use my GR when it's out of range for my gator w/tent poles, and not full of stuff to get hung up on.

Does anyone happen to know the name of the outfit that sells crazy long extension poles for these? I saw them at the GBO Block Party, but lost their card and can't for the life of me remember the name of the outfit.

For what it's worth they said that all of the poles they had on hand sold out quick.

Any lead would be helpful.

You can order the 11' tent poles from Disc Gator. I keep them on the side of my Grip, tucked into one of the side straps. I wasn't a fan of the 6' reach the stock pole gives you. Really like the tent poles, light weight and just a bit taller than the bag itself.