• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc go BOOM!

Halibut Skies

Bogey Member
There has been a white, albeit filthy, 175g ultimate disc behind a planter next to my front door for some time now. Not sure where it came from, but I would guess one of my brother's friends left it there. I finally mustered the nerve to pluck it from the cobwebs and wash it so's I could huck it. There's a nice little park down the block from me which has a snaking path winding through it, redwoods and pine lining the hills on the sides. Having not thrown one of these for 8 months or so, I couldn't recall what they could do. So, I tossed some forehand, I tossed some back hand - I had fun. Then I think to myself, 'I wonder if these things can hold a hyzer?' So I chuck it around a swooping left, and low and behold, it comes around very nicely. I squealed with joy. Coming around the bend, however, I find that the frisbee has shattered upon striking that moss covered stump.

I LAWL'd, hard.

This is obviously not DG related, so if this needs a tow, I got $5 on it.

Attachments

• 2011-07-21 18.38.12.jpg
    2011-07-21 18.38.12.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 252
Excellent thread. :)

A friend of mine was showing off his 20 something year old Frisbee to me so of course I sent it skyward,
As you already guessed "BLAMMO" it obliterated when it hit the ground. I had just acquired my first disc
a Cobra and I ended up giving it to him to shut him up.

Chris A. beat me to it.

I don't think I have ever used the phrase "I squealed with joy" not on a public forum, not in a private message, not even in my head. Awesome that you are secure enough to use that phrase.

That's funny.

I had an old San Marino Cobra do that to me on a cold day years ago. The disc was cold, had not been used yet that day, I did nothing to try to warm it up and hit a tree about 50' off the tee. It exploded into at least 20 pieces.

I came across an old Frisbee earlier this spring and we took it down to the field to throw it around a little. When I went to "finger punch" it up into the air, my finger went right through it and it cracked almost in half. 'Course, it was probably 25-30 years old. :)

i had a discraft phantom? one of the old vinyl ones. never threw it til one day, i took it out to the field to test it out. gave it a nice chuck. it flew great and just so happened to hit the only rock in the field. shattered the damn thing.

Latest posts