• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Driving Ranges

jimbo387

Does anyone know where i can find a disc golf driving range? Preferably in Southern California but i am also curious to know about driving ranges all over the country and even the world.

PEACE

Paschall Park in Mesquite Texas has one with 500 feet marked and at least another 500 beyond that unmarked. It's the only DG course I've personally come across with a range.

I'm moving into my new house in the country next month. Front yard to the rear fence is 300 feet, with at least another 300 feet beyond that unoccupied. Plus, Paschall will be on the way home from work, instead of an hour detour. I might actually become good at this game. :)

The sinks in chattanooga has a 350' marked range with a basket at 250'

Woods after 350'

find a football field. one of the local high schools has the shot-putt cement pads about 100' from the end of the football field. makes for a good 400+ft driving range. i dont think i would pay money to go through my discs in a field.

nice good idea. Yeah i was mainly wondering if there was a place that people could go to and throw discs to measure how far they throw. I have seen videos online at tournaments where they have distance competitions and they have markers at 100 ft, 200 ft, 300 ft, 400 ft, etc. And the only time i know how far i can throw a disc is when i am on a course and have a hole to throw at. But i would love to be able to try different styles of throws and see the distance i can get with different discs, styles, etc.

PEACE

nice good idea. Yeah i was mainly wondering if there was a place that people could go to and throw discs to measure how far they throw. I have seen videos online at tournaments where they have distance competitions and they have markers at 100 ft, 200 ft, 300 ft, 400 ft, etc. And the only time i know how far i can throw a disc is when i am on a course and have a hole to throw at. But i would love to be able to try different styles of throws and see the distance i can get with different discs, styles, etc.

PEACE

Paschall Park in Mesquite, TX is the only one I've ever seen. It's free. Parallel to the seventh fairway, at the end of the parking lot. I use a football field about a half mile from my house.

I know of a few that I can think of off the top of my head.

BRP Hole 19, East Bethel, Minnesota

Maiden Shade, in Morristown, Minnesota

Two Gray, Vadito, New Mexico

discnation lets you "fly before you buy" in a field behind the shop. they have posts measured intervals.

steeplechase in kyle has one too, with a concrete slab to throw from; however the measurements on the posts they have are inaccurate.

I know of a few that I can think of off the top of my head.

BRP Hole 19, East Bethel, Minnesota

This hole is beautiful. You stand on a BARELY elevated teepad, maybe 2-3 feet off the turf. WIDE open area, marked every 50 feet all the way out past 400, where there is a small creek (VERY small and shallow, easy to find your disc from)

But distance? Either a football field (with yard lines) or a baseball field (where the fence is marked). Either one is $$$

I am a student at University of Texas at Arlington, My senior design group is designing the first ever disc golf driving range. Not only can you practice but it will be competitive. There will be several baskets located at different distances, the farther away the baskets the larger we will make them. I would like to have everyone's opinion on this.

Two Gray Hares near Taos, NM has a 550' driving range. Rio Grande River Retreat near Monte Vista, CO has a marked 700' driving range along Hole 17. And Disc Nation in Austin has a 500' range behind the store.

So it doesn't sound like the UTA group will be designing the "first ever" disc golf driving range.

I don't get the reason for making the baskets larger as they get farther away. Why not just use standard baskets so that the perspective isn't messed up? We understand that hitting the longer baskets will be harder...

Last edited:
Does this design include a bag of discs (the equivalent of a bucket of balls).

If not, some sort of disc retrieval so players don't have to walk after their discs?

Four Mounds complex west of Spokane has one. I helped install new parallel tees[20' long!] and new markers[out to 600'] last May, just before the Lilac City Open.
UT, ya got nothin'.

Larger baskets, farther out!? What's that, Roger Rabbit disc golf? Or maybe its an adjunct of a "Cubby" ace---a "UT" ace. :\

Last edited:

Latest posts