• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Park Tee Pads?

My local state college put in a course through Disc Golf Park and the only time a tee has needed to be replaced is when a mower chewed one up. I like the turf tees as long as it is somewhat dry out. The only gripe I have with them so far, is that if the tees aren't flush with the surrounding ground, there is a small depression and it can create problems on certain tees. Hole 3 is a wide open 350' uphill hole, but unfortunately the tee is positioned so it goes with the slope, and the back of the tee has a 2" rise above the ground. Not too big of a deal for most people, but the only way I have a decent chance at birdie is a full run-up and that requires me to start behind the tee and I've tripped a few times, and almost done so at least a dozen more times. The tees are great, but maje sure they are properly set up before you install them. Those that don't have the best limb dexterity will thank you.

Since I first saw these turf tees, I've wondered how they will hold up over time, especially in an area that gets a lot of winter weather. It looks like these have been in Fort Morgan for over 5 years, can you detect wear and tear, have any needed to be replaced?
What type of regular maintenance (if any) is done on them?

I'm not sure how they've held up as I haven't played there since 2016, but I'll see if I can track down a friend that's played there recently and get an update. If I remember correctly the regular maintenance was mostly just to keep sand sprinkled into the turf.

Since I first saw these turf tees, I've wondered how they will hold up over time, especially in an area that gets a lot of winter weather. It looks like these have been in Fort Morgan for over 5 years, can you detect wear and tear, have any needed to be replaced?
What type of regular maintenance (if any) is done on them?

Sorry for the delay, took awhile to hear back from my friend. He last played the course about a month and a half ago, and the teepads were holding up just fine. To his knowledge they had not been replaced at any time, and he didn't notice any obvious signs that any maintenance was being done or needed to be done.

Sorry for the delay, took awhile to hear back from my friend. He last played the course about a month and a half ago, and the teepads were holding up just fine. To his knowledge they had not been replaced at any time, and he didn't notice any obvious signs that any maintenance was being done or needed to be done.

That's good to hear. I guess since DGP started in Europe, they know how to build things for winter weather.

Looks like we just got our first DGP course here in NC, Farmville DGC. I'm looking forward to checking that course out and writing a more lengthy review than the first one posted today.

I got to play another Disc Golf Park course early this year and I have to say I dont get the appeal of these. I got to play Bailey in the Denver area. The tees were slick, not even and they were all different lengths. Im in the minority here for sure but I think Im going to skip courses with these teepads from now on. They just arent good quality and the risk of injury is too high.

Ours get slick if they don't have enough sand in them. Sounds like poor installation and maintenance.

That'd be my guess as well. Even if the design is great, it has to be properly, and requires appropriate maintenance.

I have lived/worked on a farm pretty much my whole life and raking sand or rubber into the longer turf is probably the single most brutal task I have ever been engaged in.

Latest posts