• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc golf shoes

I've been playing with my Vibrams (toe shoes) for the last few months and have to say they are the best Disc golfing shoes i have ever had. You literally forget your wearing shoes! However if your playing at a course with alot of small stumps or other things to bash your foot into you might limp away with a broken toe.

Vibram%20Five%20Fingers%20Blkila%20Mens%20Shoes%20Grey%20Red.jpg

I love these shoes amazing grip and comfort definitely worth the money.

I've been really happy with this pair of Garmont.
1396289-p-DETAILED.jpg

http://www.zappos.com/garmont-zenith-trail-gtx-dark-forest
They are durable, waterproof(Gore-Tex), and they don't make my feet hot like the Merrells did.

BTW, stay away from the Merrell Moabs. They are also Gore-Tex, but have a known issue with leaking and later splitting around the soles. The Garmonts are not cheap, but you really do get what you pay for.

I bought those same Garmonts from REI. They only lasted 3 months before they started to tear at the toe seam. Since I only play 2-3 rounds per week, I took them back to REI and upgraded to Vasque.

IMO, Vasque> Merrells, Keens, Salomons, etc. Plus if you are an REI member, no worries on exchanges if needed.

I know this has been said at least 100 or 200 billion times in the DGCR shoe threads, but I'm going to say it again. If you are a regular disc golfer, it only makes sense to buy an REI lifetime membership for $20 and buy your shoes from REI.

I also use these Asolos for the snowy/icy conditions.

Along the way, I have also purchased new discs, handwarmers, clif bars, waterproof/windproof gloves and hats, gaiters, etc from REI. Gotta be prepared for all of the elements around here! :thmbup:

I'm looking at the Merrell Moab Waterproof, anybody have any experience with them? They look like the perfect DG shoe. Vibram soles, waterproof, etc.

My DG buddy swears these are the best DG shoes he has ever had. I just bought the non-waterproof version to replace my other DG shoes.

Bumping this because I FINALLY found a pair of shoes to play in.

New Balance MO889
1880086-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

Lightweight and durable ripstop and suede upper, along with a flexible Vibram sole and Abzorb midsole (very comfortable). They fit wide in the toe box with a narrow heel; perfect for my feet. Played in them yesterday and they were great. First thing I noticed is that I didn't come home with a shoe full of dirt like I did with my old trail runners. Those things absorbed dirt like a sponge! The Vibram sole needs to break in a little bit I think to get a little more grippy, but it has a super aggressive tread pattern and is very supportive. The only down side I see on these is they don't have a gusseted tongue and could let in a little dirt and debris that way, but I don't see it being a huge deal.

Time will tell how well they hold up, but for now they're great. Highly recommended for someone looking for a versatile, lightweight, all around shoe.

I've been thinking about using my Five Fingers, but I wonder if they are PDGA legal? I searched the PDGA rules and I can't find anything that TECHNICALLY says they are banned, but I don't want to show up to State and be asked to change or withdraw...

I've been thinking about using my Five Fingers, but I wonder if they are PDGA legal? I searched the PDGA rules and I can't find anything that TECHNICALLY says they are banned, but I don't want to show up to State and be asked to change or withdraw...

Why would they ban them? Do they give some sort of advantage?

The PDGA doesn't care what's on your feet, wear them all you want.

Why would they ban them? Do they give some sort of advantage?

Not an advantage, more of an image thing. My gym doesn't let you wear them because they don't look appropriate or whatever. If I have to wear a polo shirt, I would figure ether stuffed shirts might have an issue with toe shoes. Stodgy old men, LOL

I got a pair of North Face Hedgehogs and I love them. So far they're my most comfortable pair of shoes for disc golf I've worn. They have gore-tex and have kept my feet dry in very wet weather. I played in a tournament that had rubber tee pads in the woods after heavy rain the day before and had no problem with traction on them. I would recommend these to anyone looking for some good shoes.

I have the same pair and I love mine too! I have the brown ones though. The only downside so far is that they can get a little warm, but nothing too bad.

http://www.thenorthface.com/catalog...-gtx-xcr-iii.html?from=subCat&variationId=JX1

I have the same pair and I love mine too! I have the brown ones though. The only downside so far is that they can get a little warm, but nothing too bad.

http://www.thenorthface.com/catalog...-gtx-xcr-iii.html?from=subCat&variationId=JX1

The brown ones are nice also, I'm thinking about getting a pair in that color when the ones I have now finally give it up. I haven't had the problem with them getting warm so I have no clue what that could be.

I've had mine for about five months now wearing them almost every day and they're showing no signs of breaking down. I was a little worried at first since they were not designed for disc golf but these shoes are like tanks. The bottoms look like they did the day I bought them and the gore tex is still going strong. These will definitely be the only shoes I wear for disc golf from here on out.

The wife surprised me and ordered a pair of Keen Tryons for me to throw in. She got them for about $60. UPS should have them for me sometime today.

I like my Vibram 5-fingers for open grassy courses, but they SUCK for wooded courses where there might be sapling stumps or acorns. Great feel for dirt or grass tees though.

whats the advantage to these types of shoes? i just wear a pair of skate shoes.

Mine are water proof which was the main reason I bought them. I used to play in regular gym shoes until I played a tournament where the grass was completely soaked. My feet got so wet and were hurting so bad afterwards from being soaked for 8 hours I honestly limited my walking the next day to help the pain. I also feel like I have better traction in them than gym shoes.

Ive been wearing these lately

comfortable, waterproof... well, theyre open toed and i wear them without socks, i get good grip on tee pads with them and they leave really cool tan lines on my feet! i wear them on light hikes, running errands and ive even worn them while working on my jeep.

the only down side is the occasional stone that can get under my feet.

Latest posts