• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc theft in Minnesota

Hole 17 at acorn I lost one of my 3 discs at the time, to what appeared to be a dad and son. I turned over my dx shark towards hole 18 fairway. I saw them pick it up and kind of look around, I made eye contact, waved, and made some sort of vocalization "hey!", after that I didn't even consider that they didn't just put it back on the ground, but when I got there there was no disc. This led to my first ever trip to Fairway Flyerz to replace it...

Wow, it sounds like the north midwest really has a problem. Sounds like some kids need a good beating.

It has been bad this season, way worse than ever before. The worst one was my brother's z drone at Blue Ribbon Pines on hole 25 at the 1st Sunday Cali league a month ago. His 2nd shot with the drone on a anny hyzered out of the woods into a spot we figured we would easily find it just outside the brush, there was a group on hole #20 teeing and #24 putting out. The group of 2 behind us who were riding us all of a sudden were nowhere to be seen. Sad to see those types of people now play pay to play courses like BRP and Elm Creek

Hole 17 at Bryant Lake. While I've never seen a disc actually stolen on this hole I could see it being an easy one for people to set up on. We had a father and son pick up a couple of our discs and then immediately drop them when they saw us coming down the stairs. Funny thing is they dropped my buddy's 40' further away from the basket then his drive landed and he proceeds to drain his approach for a 2!

Wow, it sounds like the north midwest really has a problem. Sounds like some kids need a good beating.

Agreed.
Haven't heard of any instances in my area. Hopefully it doesn't start... But probably just a matter of time.

Just another reason why the Twin Cities WON'T get my vote for best Metropolitian area for disc golf. Roving gangs of disc thieving teens!

I have seen a couple of kids looking like they were planning on snaking discs before at Acorn but never had it really happen to me or anyone I know. I guess one guy I know said he thought someone took one of his but he tends to lose discs fairly easy at times so it could still be out there.

But I was at the Valley once and gave up looking for a Beast on 5 since it was getting darker, cruised through and played up until 9 or 10 and hung out for a minute for a break, decided to call it a night and look for my disc again on the way back out. Some guy ran back and started assuming I snaked his disc he said he lost somewhere but I definitely hadn't seen it - told him to look through my bag if he wanted but he rather just claim I was the only one around where he lost it and mumble off as he walked by again on my way out. I'm sure he thought I was doing something funny when I started walking backwards through the course but come on dude I don't need to snake other people's plastic. I guess hearing all these stories makes it seem a little more justified he would assume that but I just don't assume people steal things - I do know they don't always return discs as I've gotten no calls this season on 3 or 4 lost discs.

I remember when I was at BRP a few years back. I think it was Hole 16 where you throw from that shack and across a little 6' wide creek. My drive just happens to go dead into that creek. I go up there and start reaching into the creek with my hands to be if I can retrieve it. There's another group behind me, so I wave them through and they play the hole.

After they come up upon the creek, seeing me still looking for my disc, one younger dude with a smartass tone says, "Hey, if you give me a crap disc out of your bag, I'll get your disc out." I politely decline, because its such a little creek. They cross the creek, go to putt out, while I continue to look. Again, Mr. Smartass has to come up to me and say, "Like I said man, just give me a crap disc, I'll get in there for you". I told him to move on and go back to his group.

Eventually after ten minutes or so I man up, take my shoes and socks off, get my feet in the creek and 30 seconds later, jackpot. Grab my disc, put my shoes and socks back on, and finish the hole.

About three holes later, I come upon that group again, and Mr. Smartass comes up to me. "Hey man, did you ever get that disc out of the creek?". I replied "Nope, never could find it. If you go back there and find it, you can keep the damned thing."

And off he went.

I remember when I was at BRP a few years back. I think it was Hole 16 where you throw from that shack and across a little 6' wide creek. My drive just happens to go dead into that creek. I go up there and start reaching into the creek with my hands to be if I can retrieve it. There's another group behind me, so I wave them through and they play the hole.

After they come up upon the creek, seeing me still looking for my disc, one younger dude with a smartass tone says, "Hey, if you give me a crap disc out of your bag, I'll get your disc out." I politely decline, because its such a little creek. They cross the creek, go to putt out, while I continue to look. Again, Mr. Smartass has to come up to me and say, "Like I said man, just give me a crap disc, I'll get in there for you". I told him to move on and go back to his group.

Eventually after ten minutes or so I man up, take my shoes and socks off, get my feet in the creek and 30 seconds later, jackpot. Grab my disc, put my shoes and socks back on, and finish the hole.

About three holes later, I come upon that group again, and Mr. Smartass comes up to me. "Hey man, did you ever get that disc out of the creek?". I replied "Nope, never could find it. If you go back there and find it, you can keep the damned thing."

And off he went.

10/10 :clap:

Nobody around where I live ever returns discs.
One time, me and my friend were playing and we got to a whole where there was a little backup for the tee.
My friend noticed one of his discs that he had lost in the wal mart bag of one of the people in front of us. My friend said "Hey, that was my disc." and the guy just said "Oh" and walked off.