• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Disc used on longest throw

i threw some beaters a few thousand feet downhill in the hills of western virginia...they have these lookout pull-over spots on rte. 58 near tennessee...fun stuff!!

gone..

furthest for me was a pro wraith, fh for about 400'-420', but with just about any driver i can get 350'. my bh sucks, furtherst is maybeee a 330' with a crush...

Longest throw was an air to ground roller with an incredibly beat up Eclipse. Went somewhere around 400-450ish, but never measured it. It just kept going and going like the energizer bunny. Longest regular throw was Pro Wraith at around 375 but there was a bit of downhill (10-15'?). Lost that disc in a pond and still don't have the hang of the new Star Wraith so another Pro is on order. When I'm playing a round seriously though I don't tend to put up the big throws. Control is important on the courses around here.

I just threw my SOLS past my Valk yesterday at the practice field. I was quite impressed, and I put it back in my bag.

how far does everyone throw their putters?

That really depends. If you consider the Aero a putter up to around 300'. With the Aviar I usually won't use it over 200' or so and prefer the Aero or a fairway driver. I suppose if I really cranked it I could get it over 300 but not with the accuracy I'd like. The 20+ year old SuperPuppy I only would throw under 100' with but usually just for kicks when I'm not worried about the score.

Surge FLX SS, Star Destoyer. Those two for a lot of open throws, put a little bit of anhyzer on them to make them S. Another good one and a typical fav is Champion Wraith.

Oh and the Epic for thumbers :p

how far does everyone throw their putters?

I haven't really thrown my hard putter for distance, and I really have to put a LOT of hyzer on putters to keep them from turning over completely. If I do a hyzer flip on them though, I use it on a 200 ft hole and just give it a quick flick. The hole is about 200 ft, across a bridge and through a gap, then it's got a steep dropoff after the basket so I have to use something that stops quickly. I have to take power off the disc to keep it from going past.

i can throw 'em farther if the ceiling is high enough...for me, i have to throw a putter pretty high to get out to 300'..comfortably though, i like it for the 200 footers..

I throw a Sinus SP which is kind of like a slow roc, max 275 but 200 and in its MONEY

Got my boss out to 500ft (google earth measured) yesterday 15ft elevation drop. No where near where i wanted it go though!! I have to start it out Annie and it just keeps going, its one freaky disc though.