• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Discmania Prototype January 2016 (DDX)

I think they fade more than a tern but pd2 like fade might be overstating it a little.

I've only tossed a c line and the newest run of s line, both fairly flat.

mmmh yeah I am not sure if I want to call it dumpy but it is reliable I can give it that. Give it enough height on a bomber of a flex shot and it will come back out of the anny at the end and fade but do it so slowly that with a disc this fast, its gonna go FAR before hitting the ground.

I got out to test the DDX. 175g Swirly S Line

I'll put my numbers at 12/5/-1.5/late 2 my Innova rating guess: 12/6/-2/2 Discraft: 1.4

It was definitely high speed understable. It got going QUICK, just like my other star terns. The mid flight was a nice long straight with slight L-> R RHBH, a little more hookup at the end. I would't say its a more stable tern, i'd say its a Tern that bites a little more right at the end, but its a sweet disc, STILL understable. But SO easy to throw, really nice, I liked it a LOT

very similar results as my Heather Leatherman TERN

Finally got 2, 166 star plastic, one is swirly and is noticeably more over-stable than the none swirly DDX. I like Terns and get great distance with them, so these DDX feel great in my hand. My start destroyers are the super beefy McBeth are mostly unusable except my philobatross, so these DDX are booting the star Destroyers out the bag.

I found a nice pop top Discmania Team stamped Metal flake DDX. Are these even availble to the public/ discmania store yet? Wouldnt mind another one thing absolutly bombs with a mild fade to finish

I found a nice pop top Discmania Team stamped Metal flake DDX. Are these even availble to the public/ discmania store yet? Wouldnt mind another one thing absolutly bombs with a mild fade to finish
Nice find! AFAIK, the only MF C-Lines are the DGWT limited runs. I believe that regular C-Lines are on the horizon and should be released in regular production soon, but the MF's seem to be a one-off run.

Surprisingly, my MF DDx has beaten in enough to be slightly unpredictable now compared to my beat S-Line. Definitely more understable and sometimes even flippy if I put too much on it. They've both been in the bag for about the same amount of time too.

Are you guys' s-line ddxes super slick with a glossy finish as well? My ddx is way slicker than any other star plastic I've felt. It kind of has an oily feel to it. I'm wondering if this how they make these or if I somehow got a freak

Are you guys' s-line ddxes super slick with a glossy finish as well? My ddx is way slicker than any other star plastic I've felt. It kind of has an oily feel to it. I'm wondering if this how they make these or if I somehow got a freak

Mine is glossy, looks "oily"... but it doesn't feel super-slick to me, no more than normal S-Line/Star plastic discs.

Mine are very glossy as well, and seem to be a tad slicker than normal. Nothing crazy, but not the normal grip of S-line.

The DDx definitely has a firm blend of S-line, but I disagree with it being noticeably less grippy than normal.

Mine is firm as well, swirly and super slick. It's actually the slickest disc golf plastic I've felt, really weird

Mine is firm as well, swirly and super slick. It's actually the slickest disc golf plastic I've felt, really weird

Plastic's resins/oils left over from molding process? Give it a wash in a mild soap and see if that helps.

Plastic's resins/oils left over from molding process? Give it a wash in a mild soap and see if that helps.

I washed it with high performance dish washing soap, I even wiped it down with isopropanol, but it had no effect on the grip. Are the manufacturers using some kind of release agents in their molds? If so perhaps my disc got molded right after they reapplied it, I dont know.

I washed it with high performance dish washing soap, I even wiped it down with isopropanol, but it had no effect on the grip. Are the manufacturers using some kind of release agents in their molds? If so perhaps my disc got molded right after they reapplied it, I dont know.

I would have passed on the alcohol, lol. I've noticed some Star plastics are oily feeling, like it's coming to the surface. Don't know about release agents...they could be, or it could be in the pellets themselves. But, yeah, you can't have the plastic sticking in the mold.

Nice find! AFAIK, the only MF C-Lines are the DGWT limited runs. I believe that regular C-Lines are on the horizon and should be released in regular production soon, but the MF's seem to be a one-off run.
Stock release seems to be this Wednesday in Europe at least.

Interested to see how the c lines fly. The sline I have is quite a bomber

My DGWT Metal Flake's are not any more stable than my production S-line's, which was a suprise to me. So i'm patiently waiting on the standard production C-line release.