• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Discmania TD

crd 81

Double Eagle Member
I find the TD to be a disc that is undervalued and underappreciated. I don't consider it be understable like the RR. I would consider it more of a stable disc. I've found that my CTD behaves like a SPD. The S-td behaves like a better PPD (cause it doesn't break in as fast).You can cover all shorts of shots with a TD: straight, annys, hyzer-flip, and hyzer shots. To me, the TD is a better Viking.

What do you other TD throwers think?

falls between a rr and tl for me.
I think its a useful disc but it won't go in my bag.
Did more testing with td and cd yesterday. Both will be up for trade.

I love it for rollers, new they overlap too much with other stuff so I fold them a bunch and instant long distance roller. I find they don't waver from there course as much as other discs, keeps a nice tight line.

falls between a rr and tl for me.
I think its a useful disc but it won't go in my bag.
Did more testing with td and cd yesterday. Both will be up for trade.

How far are you getting the TD's out to? I figure that the TL's would not be as long as the TD.

The TD doesn't the stability to handle a headwind like a PD, but it's a good general speed 9 driver. I definitely appreciate that it comes in Star plastic as opposed to the Viking which is currently only made in slick, hard-as-a-rock, Champ ... really a terrible waste of a good mold.

I find the TD to be a disc that is undervalued and underappreciated. I don't consider it be understable like the RR. I would consider it more of a stable disc. I've found that my CTD behaves like a SPD. The S-td behaves like a better PPD (cause it doesn't break in as fast).You can cover all shorts of shots with a TD: straight, annys, hyzer-flip, and hyzer shots. To me, the TD is a better Viking.

What do you other TD throwers think?

The S-TD is absolutely sublime. I have a couple 168s and on a slight hyzer flip they are the straightest drivers I throw. I also noticed my C-TD is pretty close to my S-PDs as well.

The TD is by far my most used driver. On long, open holes I bust out the Destroyer but all other drives are with the TD. To the OP, your right about all the shots and lines you can pull off with one. The versatility seems unmatched. I have thrown about every driver out there and I haven't found one with the mix of glide, distance, and versatility with a very soft fade at the end like the TD. It knocked PD's out of my bag. I threw them both for a while but I just didn't like the HSS of the PD. The first runs with the different top were great but they are getting harder to find. I also couldn't hit a lower line with the PD like I can with the TD. I pretty much only throw the S-lines. I play with C-lines a little but they don't see as much action for me.

Love my STD's hehe. It's a very workable driver. I like having my SPD for more stable shots but my older and newer TD's are getting a lot of action

TD is a good disc (I currently use S, but have used C) but you need a pretty big arm for it to be used as a true turning driver. Most of us will use it more for hyzer flipped straight drives--at least when condition is anything short of beat. With ~360' power I can get them to hold a glidey anhyzer to the ground, but I've never found that particular shot to be very reliable to make.

As for me, I don't use the TD much because the shots that I'd want to make with it are covered by my P-PDs, and some even by beat S-PD. If I was only throwing S, I'd use it more.

I just bought a C-Line TD today, and boy do I love it!!! I through it all round long and it held true to every flight out of my hand. I really like it, it replaced my Champ Wraith in the bag today.

The TD doesn't the stability to handle a headwind like a PD, but it's a good general speed 9 driver. I definitely appreciate that it comes in Star plastic as opposed to the Viking which is currently only made in slick, hard-as-a-rock, Champ ... really a terrible waste of a good mold.

I've found that it pairs well with a Predator. I have a Esp Pred that flies like a Spd. Good complement.

I just bought a C-Line TD today, and boy do I love it!!! I through it all round long and it held true to every flight out of my hand. I really like it, it replaced my Champ Wraith in the bag today.

May have to put my S-TD back in the rotation to try out. There's a few holes where I need a dead-straight shot. My wraiths may start straight, but always have a fade finish (some more than others).

I got a couple of the new non+ CTDs and they're the most understable TDs I've used. I like them a lot. They'll hold a long turnover to the ground when thrown flat. When thrown with hyzer, the most reliable flight I get is a flip up and straight, then a gentle turn over and flex back. Very nice. It can also hyzer flip to straight and not turn over, but doesn't seem to be it's forte at 360' power though.

The new non+ CPDs are less overstable than their + counterparts too, so I wonder if it's the + that just makes a big difference in DMs discs?

How does the Chimp compare to the Fever?

I was curious about that too. I have a S line Fever and it honestly isn't that flippy. For example the Secret Weapon (very understable disc) turns over fast right out of the box, but the TD2 just seems more stable than the flight chart shows....

I was curious about that too. I have a S line Fever and it honestly isn't that flippy. For example the Secret Weapon (very understable disc) turns over fast right out of the box, but the TD2 just seems more stable than the flight chart shows....

Really?
How far are you throwing out of curiosity?

I have had absolutley no luck with most DM discs. I started with the DD2 Frenzy in BC plastic. I liked what I read, but had seen none. Still see none locally. I was new after 30 years of a layoff. I couldn't make it fly well, then I lost it. Then I bought a DD Hysteria. That one was harder for me to throw. I tried and tried, used it for about a month. I spoke with DM folks who said, try the RUSH. I did...in hot pink! I still can't throw that thing except for weak hyzers. I also have let some powerful throwers try it, and it always hyzers off. Only when I throw into a headwind will it turn ever so softly to the right. I'm RHBH. I even tried a MD...same thing. I am convinced tht only the strongest throwers can make these discs fly. BUT...someone returned my BC Frenzy aftyer a couple months. It was a little mor beat in, and I was getting better technique and strength. I can make that disc turn-over easily???? This is the top of the line driver! I can't throw it into the wind without it flippin' and rolling away. Strange huh? I've been wanting to try the new FEVER, which I believe is the new RUSH. I don't think I will, and will look to rid my bag of the RUSH and HYSTERIA, both in great shape! Funny how each of us differs in opinions of each plastic, or disc maker.

Nnovia,
The td2 is night and day different than the TD or the DD/DD2. The TD2 is essentially a mamba in star plastic. Flies similar lines to a RR. i think you will have more success with the td2 in spite of your other experiences

Latest posts