• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft Stalker

The Z and ESP Zones I've tried have been super slick, which might be one of the reason I never liked the disc (blasphemy, I know). But I've had Forces and Vultures from a couple seasons ago in Z that felt great. Maybe that's more to do with more recent runs of Zones.

I'll start with Z and probably Cryztal and see what happens. And since I'm stuck inside waiting out the last bit of winter to go away, I'll probably end up with a swirly Ti or two...
Rub the slick Zones (if you still have them) in some dirt. A bath in some dish soap and water can sometimes help as well with the slickness.

My Cryztal is identical to my old Ti interms of PLH, and it's very similar to a Teebird for me.

Rub the slick Zones (if you still have them) in some dirt. A bath in some dish soap and water can sometimes help as well with the slickness.

My Cryztal is identical to my old Ti interms of PLH, and it's very similar to a Teebird for me.

That stable? I ordered a couple from Paige's website before I saw this so we'll see what happens when they arrive. I know I'm going to hold off the Ti for now because no matter how "swirly" they are, they'll all still grey/green/brown.

That stable? I ordered a couple from Paige's website before I saw this so we'll see what happens when they arrive. I know I'm going to hold off the Ti for now because no matter how "swirly" they are, they'll all still grey/green/brown.

I should've been more clear with my post. They have a similar stability to a seasoned Teebird, think -.25 turn, 1.5 fade. I can get them to turnover, but given any hyzer and they will have a decent fade. I've also got another old Ti that is a shorter Firebird.

Anyone thrown the new Ti swirl and Z Swirl against a stock Z?

My stack of old Z starting to get to the more US side and i want a Stalker that flies like a longer "OS Buzzz" . . the Z Stalker i have flies more like a longer RB Buzzz, which is my more US Buzzz

But than again, a more OS Stalker might fly like an undertaker?

I only have one Ti swirl so no idea if the flight is consistent from disc to disc, but mine is significantly more overstable than a stock Z. I was throwing it into fairly strong headwind yesterday with no flip. It was flying very similar lines to a fresh 164 champion Teebird that I was also trying out. A stock Z would have turned hard.

I haven't thrown any new ones but my Paige pierce ti stalker was more stable than my Z or glow Z's

So the Ti is even more stable than a Undertaker?

depends on the plastic. A Ti Stalker may be slightly more stable than an ESP Undertaker.

I threw the ESP stalker quite a bit this weekend, and paired with a cryztal I think will fill the role of control driver for my bag really well. Didn't miss throwing the undertaker for those shots.

depends on the plastic. A Ti Stalker may be slightly more stable than an ESP Undertaker.

I threw the ESP stalker quite a bit this weekend, and paired with a cryztal I think will fill the role of control driver for my bag really well. Didn't miss throwing the undertaker for those shots.

Nice, i have a ESP on the way. . have you thrown the stock Z and can compare it to the ESP Stalker?

Those CryZtal ones are hard to find. . i have my hope to the Tour Series Z Swirl

Nice, i have a ESP on the way. . have you thrown the stock Z and can compare it to the ESP Stalker?

Those CryZtal ones are hard to find. . i have my hope to the Tour Series Z Swirl

Out of the box they are fairly similar. I prefer the ESP option because they are easier to cycle because Z takes so long to beat in. I have a cryztal stalker from a 2013 tournament that is basically brand new. I think Paige is still selling cryztal on her website? I haven't thrown a Ti stalker but it might be a viable alternative.

The CryZtal sold out o few days ago, i tryed to buy two awhile back but Discraft shipping cost to Sweden are insane. . 2-3x the cost that Infinite or OTB disc charges

Discraft take $55 in shipping for two discs to Sweden!! The fun part is that the biggest Swedish discstore takes 7,90euro to ship two dics world wide

I never understood why it cost 2-3 times more to ship disc from the US to Sweden than it cost to ship from Sweden to the US

https://www.forbes.com/sites/wadesh...-commerce-merchants-to-ship-to-the-usa-cheap/

The most important part of that whole article is this section:
International postage rates for incoming packages are set by a U.N. agency called the United Postal Union (UPU). This is a body that was established in 1874 -- subsequently being absorbed into the U.N. -- that is currently made up of 192 countries which meets every four years to revise its policy and set new terminal fees, with each country getting one vote a piece. While the voting system of the UPU is egalitarian, the shipping rates that it sets are not. According to Nancy Sparks of FedEx Express (via eCommerceBytes.com), the rate structure of the UPU is a system where the "haves pay the have-nots." Essentially, countries that it deems to be poorer or less developed pay less for shipping to countries that are categorized as being richer. So someone shipping from, say, China, will pay significantly less to ship to a country like the U.S. than an American shipper will pay to send that same package to China.

This is also changing soon.

So I got (and probably paid too much for, but it was from Hailey herself) one of Hailey King's new TS Stalkers. Disclaimer: I only got a pair of throws with It and they were both nose up hyzer shots, that both went about 320', I was in a hurry, will write up a better review tomorrow. It is very similar to my workhorse Stalkers in flight, as it will hold a hyzer line and still fly decently far. The plastic feels amazing, but not quite as a amazing as my FR PP ESP, nice firm stuff, but it's kinda slick.

I've got a MDGO 2020 Glow ESP Stalker & it's OS. Like a new Teebird.

Every Z (Regular or Glow) I've had has flown true to what I've known Stalkers to be.

Anyone else noticed this about the ESP'S?

I've got a MDGO 2020 Glow ESP Stalker & it's OS. Like a new Teebird.

Every Z (Regular or Glow) I've had has flown true to what I've known Stalkers to be.

Anyone else noticed this about the ESP'S?

I don't have any Glow ESPs (one of like 2 variations I don't have with another being the Cryztal Sparkle), but my OG Ti and HK TS seem to be close to that.

On another note, what is my best bet for an US Stalker? My beaten Z isn't US enough apparently.

I tossed stalkers back in the bag this weekend. 1 cryztal and 1 PP ESP, both are pretty fresh. I tend to forget how nice these are to throw. The cryztal is like a new champ teebird. The ESP is a little straighter overall but still stable with some fade.

Kind of in the same boat as ILUVSMGS18, would love a stalker that turns more (that doesn't come in D plastic). I feel like a lighter Z would do the trick. I'd have to work out some overlap with the PL squall at that point though. Right now I'm using a flippy pipeline for that slot.

I've been throwing undertakers very poorly lately. Since I use them under 350', moving to a stalker would probably be helpful.

I have a couple beat-up Z's that fill that slot for me. Both were PIAS finds, already pretty well used. But they aren't truly "flippy."

They'll hold a turn all the way to the ground, if you start them that way. Released at 80% power with hyzer, they are magical laser-straight woods discs. Released flat, they will drift right and still hook up at the end. They don't flip hard enough to use as a roller disc, for example. You would really have to thrash one to get it truly understable.

Latest posts