• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

discs you just despise

I forgot! Did anyone else buy an Innova Dolphin back in the mid-'90s? I think it might've been the first designed-to-float Disc. Astonishingly bad, too. Ha ha ha ha! To think I had one of those AND a Piranha at the same time!

AvengerSS. Pretty much the worst disc I have ever put in my hand. It had the stability of a 130g Blizzard Katana and I was so happy when I got rid of it. So long piece of crap!

Always funny to read the love / hate for the same disc. Sounds like the usual Ford sucks - no Chevy sucks!! Always good for a laugh - :popcorn:

I've seem the 2012 Ace Race mentioned a couple times but no rationale - what's wrong with it??

Always funny to read the love / hate for the same disc. Sounds like the usual Ford sucks - no Chevy sucks!! Always good for a laugh - :popcorn:

I've seem the 2012 Ace Race mentioned a couple times but no rationale - what's wrong with it??

Yes but the groove is a Yugo. The Wahoo is a Hyundai.

I ordered 3 Discraft discs online with having limited knowledge of what they were or how they flew.

I ordered:
Z Avenger SS
Z Glide
Z Tracker (I had owned one of these before and lost it)

And Holy Crap. The WORST disc I have ever thrown is the Glide. It has a -0.5 stability rating, meaning it is understable to all hell... And if you do not thrown it with just the correct amount of snap (not too much!) or at JUST the right angle (precisely 27* from the horizontal in a hyzer angle) it will go straight into the ground.

I also hate Rocs because the rim is too deep and I cant throw them but everyone else can... Lol

Blizzard discs... Anything discrap makes.. Jking but seriously blizzards and all these new noob discs.. Wtf lets make tons of new discs aka shave down ones we have to sell me products.. Remember when innova cared about quality instead of quantity

Anything blizzard. These were my findings from throwing a friends to test them.
Blizz boss = no longer than my reg champ ones.
Blizz destroyer = not as sexy of an s-line as a reg destro
Blizz wraith = roller(couldve been the reeally low weight but still)
Blizz ape= WTF roller?! Anything with "Ape" stamped on it, regardless of its ~145g weight should NOT flip and roll more than my vip Northman....Threw one the other day and went for a huge hyzer shot, ended up flipping up...and then over...and then rolling, decided to throw my northman(i normally use this disc for a hyzer flip to turn anny disc) on the same line just to prove how crazy not-ape-like that thing was and the northman didn't flip half as much. Cmon man!

Also the buzzz. In all seriousness. I liked the wasp a lot better but something about the profiles of those discs and my hands do not get along.

just came up with a better one than my last:
The Flick!
uhg, every time i see one, it's in the hands of someone who has no idea how to throw. and they usually "flick" it terribly.

I ordered 3 Discraft discs online with having limited knowledge of what they were or how they flew.

I ordered:
Z Avenger SS
Z Glide
Z Tracker (I had owned one of these before and lost it)

And Holy Crap. The WORST disc I have ever thrown is the Glide. It has a -0.5 stability rating, meaning it is understable to all hell... And if you do not thrown it with just the correct amount of snap (not too much!) or at JUST the right angle (precisely 27* from the horizontal in a hyzer angle) it will go straight into the ground.

I also hate Rocs because the rim is too deep and I cant throw them but everyone else can... Lol

The glide is one of my favorite discs in my bag. I frequently park holes that you should have to fh while backhanding the disc. ITT you need a lot of snap to prevent it from diving. Also the longest throw I ever had with a disc was with my glide at Justin Trails DGC in Sparta. I had lost my other 2 drivers on previous holes, and I started throwing my glide. Easily one of my favorite discs.

I had a star katana that was the biggest meathook I ever through. Bigger than my Star Boss or VIP Giant. I hated that disc till I lost it.

After spending some quality time in the field with a Wraith, Stalker, and Rocs I just never got along with them I'm sure they are great discs but they just aren't for me.

The Groove has to be the most hated of all discs, however I have no experience with it and can't comment on it personally.

For me, the buzzz never worked for me. Couldn't get it to do anything, so I went to something else. I also never could get a river to do anything for me either. I'm also not real fond of the aviar, I'm very bad with it more than 15' to 20' out.

Latest posts