• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Distance without a Run Up

What is your max repeatable Standstill Distance?

• Total voters
It can get harder and harder to commit to those shots as the tournament goes on...hope you didn't lose any cherished plastic.

I definitely hit 420-450 a few times at the memorial. Other DGCR members can vouch for +400 BH and FH now too. Took a little video at one point before warming up, probably still broke 400 but not sure when I'll get to see it.

It would be nice to see this video or pictures about your form. I'm having some problems with my knees and to me stand still is the way to go. At the moment I can (stand still) throw DX Gazelle about 310" and I'm improving my form all the time. I'd like to imitate your form/throw and try to improve even more and faster :)

I've been told I'll get the video soon and then I'll post it to YouTube and link it here. I still need to remember to go on google earth and check out the distances. I was throwing slightly downhill into a headwind without any warming up but the video should still speak some to my distance potential even though my form was a little off that day. Will keep updated soon.

So today I had my longest drive ever. The wind was pretty perfect. Between 10-15 mph Left to right tailwind. We were doing a distance competition following a local tournament (in which I played like garbage.) With my standstill I crushed a 169 Z Force on a big flex shot. After measuring it out with a wheel it came out to 525'

525!! That's significantly longer than my previous bests by a good margin.

525!! That's significantly longer than my previous bests by a good margin.

Congrats! That's awesome man! I'm improving my stand still throw by step by step and at the moment my best rips are 350' with Gazelle. I'm still having problems with my form and I'm twisting my right knee way too much. grc_russell post a video about your form, please! First I'm interested about your form and second the distance. Vid please, please, please :thmbup:

I don't think I've ever thrown a standstill shot that wasn't a putt (or wasn't required because I was in the shule). I even take a couple steps on 100' shots because it feels natural to me.

525 is sick!

i can get 250' with a putter but i never tried throwing a driver from standstill position with big d in mind. I guess i should try.

I sometimes play standstill only rounds for the fun of it, and I know I can get my Valkyrie out to about 340. I haven't really tried doing any standing distance lines, so I will say that 340 is my max. In actual play I usually limit my standstill drives to putter and midrange shots inside about 250. Anything longer than that and I will do a run-up unless I'm in a difficult lie where I have no other choice.

Latest posts