• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you carry a "throw away " disc?

I like Dragons so I can throw it and it is cheap, but if I didnt like it, I wouldnt throw it. I carry 2 DX Teebirds and 2 Pro Leopards just in case I lose one in a round and they are cheap to replace as well.

I have a back up of every disc I throw in my trunk. Since everything's replaceable I don't worry about losing discs anymore. This is especially nice at tournaments so I focus on the shot rather than the water. And I think I only lost two last year.

Secret pond??

Evryone carries dx wraiths! whats with you people! lol ive gotten over 200 discs out last 2 months from my secret pond and at least 30 were dx. lol

There are no 'secret' ponds in the Triangle. Send our discs home!!!

I hope that big ass snake gets a hold of your leg!

:mad::mad:

over 200 disc out. 30 dam dx wraiths. and about 60 rightly returned. the rest with no numbers. no one at this pond cares. there all rich pricks who dont write on there discs. and the kind that play 8 deep throwing two shots on every shot without letting people play through. AND im from the country,not afraid of any snakes like you yanks lol...

Snakes suck. 60 returned is admirable. Good job. Tell us all that course so we can avoid it at all costs. Rich pricks don't play disc golf though. You must have good booze in the country. We should play.

yep, unless you're a pro, you gotta keep a few beaters for those risky shots. I like to keep a few CE's in my bag for playing but no way do I have the skill to risk them on shots over water or extremely wooded or tall grass holes. I like to spend my time playing not searching for discs.

I just keep all the discs I steal from small grade-school children for the water holes. If they don't spell their names correctly on the discs I get to keep them.

its in mid. tennessee. when you do pass the douche bags they like to throw into you. so we just pick up there disc and toss em in the deep ruff. FOR NOW lol

i always carry a beat up dx eagle...if it goes in the water, i just dont care!
funny thing is , ive never lost it, and i sometimes forget it. but some courses i play have no water, so i rarely have it.
but yes, if its a watery course, i have a safety disc!!!

great idea.

I ALWAYS carry a throw-away-disc. Just in case you really want to "go for" that crazy good shot.

examples:

Cedar Hill's Beaver #8 (i think) -- the secret window box shot across the lake.

Greenbriar Community Center #18 -- when in the long across the lake.