• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you carry a "throw away " disc?

I usually have a couple of DX Valks and DX Banshees in the car for courses with water....

i love throwing a disc in the water because when i go to get it i find more!

You can have all the confidence in the world, but if you slip, or throw wrong, it will cost you. I don't take the risk.

I don't carry a throw away disc because I have a hard enough time reducing my bag to the current 19. Carrying a disc I only throw when I could lose it would displace a disc I truly enjoy throwing.

Of course, I have a few sentimental favorites that I would never throw in those situations, but I have quality back-ups for pretty much every disc in my bag.

I don't need throw-away discs if Biscoe is around. He's a master disc fisher.

I use a newish Gazelle for throwing over the lake on 15 at Deer Lakes. Doesn't matter to me if I lose $7 here and there. Ironically, a week or so ago I ended up right at the edge of the water, which is not a hard throw, and threw my favorite Buzzz carelessly and lost it.

I do think your water disc has to be something you have confidence throwing.

I carry a Roadrunner I call The "Kamikaze" I use for throwing over water. Its a just in case disc, he has always came back so far.

When I travel to new courses, I usually carry one dx driver just in case the course is poorly maintained, there is water, extreme elevation, etc. It has come in handy a few times and is ALWAYS well worth it. No matter how good you are. Just make sure you have used it enough so you can control it.

Yes, I carry a throw away in my bag. Hell I may even carry 2, depending on which course I'm playing. Water shots, blind hole and heavy thick on the sides of a fairway can eat your disc. Throw your favorite driver, or throw your beater? I know what call I'm making.

I carry a couple of throw away discs in my bag, but when I get to the water shots, I end up throwing my good plastic...
If my discs swim, I swim, except in extreme circumstances.

Been lucky lately, hope that continues!

I actually painted a disc just for shots where there is a possibility of losing a disc but now I actually like it a lot. It's a Millennium Polaris LS, I call it my safety disc.

2563_1029384262167_1452150020_80832_7911090_n.jpg

I had an old LS polaris I picked up out of a lake while looking for my disc that I used for the purpose. Then It sunk itself again:doh:. some discs are just meant to be in the water i guess.:\

ui think i may take that design for my next disc though:clap:

It's not a bad idea. I used to, but don't anymore. These days I throw my favorite driver and putter over water multiple times a week. I just take my time, read the wind, prepare my shot well and watch carefully where it lands and I'm usually alright. Landed in the edge of a stream a few times but I got it out. I like a minimal bag, and I don't like dx / pro d discs. I'd rather just have a premium version of X disc, and pay attention to what I'm doing with it. Accidents still happen but I've learned to minimize their occurrence.

I never have carried a throw away disc, but it does make sense to do so if your confidence is lacking on a certian risky throw. I tend to just go for it an risk a good disc.

Yepper doodly-doodly; I carry a beat up 160g R-Pro Boss. I can throw it as far as anything in my bag and they are cheep to replace.

I don't carry a throw away per se. I do carry a back up driver and have thrown it in place of my primary. Unfortunately I had to figure that one out the hard way.

Latest posts