• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you own a practice basket?

Do you own a practice basket?

• Yes

Votes: 230 88.5%
  • No

Votes: 30 11.5%

• Total voters
I have a homemade that I made to specs last year. Inner and outer chains, it catches very well. It has improved my putting and short game tremendously. Still crossing my fingers Santa brings me a Recruit this year tho.

Last edited:
ummmm. Yes :)

I own 3 DisCatcher Sports, 1 Gopher Skill Shot, 4 park and sun baskets, 3 DGA practice baskets, 3 red tek baskets, 1 Innova Skill Shot, and 6 DG Nomads....just off the top of my head.

yeah, the real question should be how many practice baskets do you own.
i only have 1/2 acre, but still have 5 baskets & 5 targets/bells/windchimes; its a putter course going around the house & everything is par 1. can be played backwards for 20 different looks (not counting the funny looks from neighbors). someday i'll get some land & make a real course.
^this isn't counting the 3 portable baskets that live in my truck most of the time.

1 Ching Chainmaster (32 chains)
1 Innova Pro 24 (custom hot pink)
1 Monkey Trap
1 Gateway Bullseye
3 Innova Sport (had 4; sold 1; want to sell others)
1 dgNomad Target

The only one I purchased was the Ching. All the rest I won. Currently in an apartments, so their in storage or in my office at work.

I have an Instep, an Innova DISCatcher sport, an Innova Traveler (the older one with the mesh/chains), a Gateway Bullseye, and a Discraft Chainstar.

Sadly, I don't play as much anymore and don't really practice putt. They're all just sitting around. I usually just keep the Traveler in my trunk in case I want to pop it up somewhere and throw a few putts. My DISCatcher has been out on a loan to my buddy for the last couple of years, so at least it's seeing some use.

Innova skillshot
DD marksman
DD recruit

The skillshot gets the most use
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Yes, but I never use it. Too lazy

I think the winner is Prerube with 21. Unless we're going to count folks that have private courses.

I've only got a Disc Nation Freedom, two cheapos found online (can't remember brand) and one homemade.

Unfortunately I've got a Yakov Smirnov...

Practice basket owns me

Seriously though, I do have a Discatcher Sport. It's a pretty unforgiving mofo, "if you can putt on...."

I bought a DISCatcher portable within weeks of when they started offering them for sale (when the Mach I patent expired)....without looking it up, I'm thinking 1998 plus or minus a year or two. Pretty sure they were $300 at the time.

It's now in a ground-sleeve in my back yard.

11ish years ago, before the plywood base disintegrated:
gputt3_zpskcf3jdff.jpg

Love the excitement of your junior champion, there. Great pics.

Yes

Gets a crap ton of use. I think I'm pretty close to having the neighbors complain.

Yes, Innova Discatcher Sport, modified with extra 9 rows of chains. Live in Iowa, and it resides permanently in the basement. Practice putting on it a bunch, especially in the winter. It catches much more reliably than the local course baskets.:clap: