• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Does anybody still throw a Beast?

Best in the bag
IMAG0319.jpg

My Star Beast used to go dead straight, but now its getting hard to control. I now use a Star SL, and it works just as good, so I keep the Beast as a back up

Beasts are pretty awesome. I've seen Barry do some nasty stuff with a Beast. Made me respect it. I've got a BADASS purple champion 148g one that is just MONEY.

\/\/

Just got my first Beast last week from DGC. A star 166 "natural beauty". The first hole I threw it on I parked it about 6' from the basket, so i'm liking it so far.On a side note,the 2nd time I used it I threw it straight into a tree about 40' down the fairway,but that wasn't the disc's fault. I think it was the tree's fault.:D

BEAST

169 Ch. Beast is in my bag at all times.In fair weather I use it on select holes,but in snow it's my go to disc.:thmbup:

I carry two in my bag although they are the old mold BEAST which is really more like an Orc. I have a 177 Pro Line and a 161 Gummy one.

I throw a star 172g beast on select holes for 325ft holes that have hyzer routes. I also have a 174g champ beast but that is in the disc pile I just don't use it.

i love a beast i'm discing down so they are out of the bag now but its the disc i can thrown the farthest. i also love all the champ edition barry shultz discs.

I carry two in my bag although they are the old mold BEAST which is really more like an Orc. I have a 177 Pro Line and a 161 Gummy one.

Cool nickname. Duane Allman had the same nickname.

I have an old Pro Line Beast that I received in a trade. I haven't tried it out yet... I've had it for months...

I used to throw a beat star that was a good turn over driver and a pretty overstable (for a beast) champ beast. I changed them out for wraiths because I could get more D and have the same accuracy. I think it is a great disc to get into drivers.

Lets see how a year has changed things.. Ill start.

Love them. 1x to be precise. I like them nice and flat, almost concave. I had a perfectly beat 171 that had been in my bag for almost 6 years that I lost on a notorious water hole about 6 months ago.. I have since bought 6 more and can't seem to get the same line out of them. Maybe they are just too new. And my Pro Line is too pretty. I try and snatch them up when I see them available. As long as I get them before Moose does, I have lost more beasts to that cat than anyone else on here.

I throw the champ Beast for very straight drives off the tee. They can be thrown on a rope and have better than average glide. My 2 Beasts are nearly flat, very slight dome.

Up here in MN, I hunt for lost discs occasionally, and a ridiculous amount of the ones I found turn out to be DX beasts. I'm actually pleasantly surprised when I find a dx that isn't a beast.
As for me, I threw a beast for a while, but switched to a valk. Suits me better.

A year hasn't changed anything for me. I still throw Flows and the Beast that I used to rely on is collecting dust somewhere.

i still throw the **** outta old mold beasts. great turn and fade. i started off playin with beasts and still know how to make any kind of shot with it. goes far too. fly great out of the box

i still throw the **** outta old mold beasts. great turn and fade. i started off playin with beasts and still know how to make any kind of shot with it. goes far too. fly great out of the box

I'm a Beast fan. Never threw old mold, but I like the current Beast in Champ (tried a couple of Stars, seemed a bit to fliipy for my taste).

Latest posts