• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Does Anyone Use Millennium Discs?

Well, the point of my wondering would be to get a small stack of SPD replacements that are currently available. Not looking to run down hard-to-find or expensive discs. Also liked that the OLF seems better for me on forehand. Also don't hate that the standard Pro plastic ones are $11. Might just have to get some more and see for myself. That's what I usually end up doing when the curiosity big strikes me, anyway....

But thanks a bunch for the input. As someone who has thrown a decent amount of OLF shots, I'd be interested to see what you had to say about them in any other regard. How the different runs compare, how they compare to competitors, etc.

They aren't as overstable as spd, but they have enough stability to start a cycle.

I doubt you would notice much except for potentially on a torque-y forehand, in the wind or if you crush faaaah.

I personally feel that the cpd/spd are a half to full tick more os than an olf, depending on run.

I do like that they list the run # right on the stamp so if you get a 'good run' or something you like, you know what you're looking for. I don't like that they aren't THAT available. My whole thing was to find a control driver but something that will always be available. So just hoping they keep these molds going as they are really nice.

I do like that they list the run # right on the stamp so if you get a 'good run' or something you like, you know what you're looking for. I don't like that they aren't THAT available. My whole thing was to find a control driver but something that will always be available. So just hoping they keep these molds going as they are really nice.

Run 1.10 was my favorite for the S-OLS. I scrounge lot's of used bins and only found 2 of them and obviously found a bit of variation in the different runs. If you're going to chase particular runs you'll probably have to put some effort into it.

Run 1.10 was my favorite for the S-OLS. I scrounge lot's of used bins and only found 2 of them and obviously found a bit of variation in the different runs. If you're going to chase particular runs you'll probably have to put some effort into it.

At this point the run doesn't matter too much to me. Just in general trying to find a decent color selection. Everything I find is orange or yellow and I don't like those. But its all good. Plenty of discs in the sea....or uhhh....you know

They aren't as overstable as spd, but they have enough stability to start a cycle.

I doubt you would notice much except for potentially on a torque-y forehand, in the wind or if you crush faaaah.

I personally feel that the cpd/spd are a half to full tick more os than an olf, depending on run.

Back when I threw QOLFs, I noticed Play It Again Sports often had x-out white/clear QOLFs. They were 1.2 & 1.3 I believe. They flew extra beefy. If you're looking for a more overstable QOLF those might be worth trying to track down, especially since they're usually only $8-10.

So I had a bad day at work and was kinda disgruntled so to counter that I went on a rampage and ordered some more discs. I got a bunch of Orions coming next week hee hee. Also testing out the Streamline Lift to compare to the Orion LS - so far from what I can tell they are similar in flight, slight turn straight mid-flight , reliable fade. So far the max weight Lifts are flying like star Valkyries, and....I like that. the Orion LS is more elongated S patter and more like my legacy patriot, just faster. really nice discs. I will say the Quantum sparkle OLS feels great and has a really stable flight without biting too hard. So far that's probably my favorite of the bunch I've tried.

Has anyone tried to cycle the MS? I love how they feel and would love to be able to use this mold for my entire mid lineup if possible. Also this begs the question... what is/ was the most stable variation of the MS?

Has anyone tried to cycle the MS? I love how they feel and would love to be able to use this mold for my entire mid lineup if possible. Also this begs the question... what is/ was the most stable variation of the MS?

I can't answer this for you, maybe someone here can.

If not, there is a Facebook group called "Millennium Disc Golf Collector's." There's a few Mill experts on there that can help you.

Couple of problems cycling the MS. 1) It's neutral stable and you can't beat a disc into being more overstable. The Comet has that same issue; you need to add in an OS mid to cover that shot. 2) If you are talking QMS, Champ plastic takes a looonnnggg time to break in. You could be working on that cycle for a while. M (pro) plastic Aurora MS would be what I would use if I was going to try it, maybe adding a QMS as my most stable one after I had beat in some M ones.

I've been using an EXP-X for a few months now as my primary OS fairway. It's been a great addition. I would replace it with a Banshee3 if that ever happens but for now I give the EXP-X two thumbs up.

Couple of problems cycling the MS. 1) It's neutral stable and you can't beat a disc into being more overstable. The Comet has that same issue; you need to add in an OS mid to cover that shot. 2) If you are talking QMS, Champ plastic takes a looonnnggg time to break in. You could be working on that cycle for a while. M (pro) plastic Aurora MS would be what I would use if I was going to try it, maybe adding a QMS as my most stable one after I had beat in some M ones.

That's a fair response. When I was referring to the MS I was trying to capture all its plastic variations. Ive heard there were some very OS runs of this disc in Q plastic and I was essentially fishing for some of that wisdom.

Funny you bring up the Comet as I have been using them as my primary mid lineup for years. And with the help of my MJ series Comets paired with some Ti and base plastic Comets I have been able to cover my entire mid lineup comfortably. However, I have come to the realization that I have not been able to get over how it feels in my girly hands. Thus my search for something with similar flight without the whack feel in the crotch of my palm. The only thing that has come close is an older MS I found.

That's a fair response. When I was referring to the MS I was trying to capture all its plastic variations. Ive heard there were some very OS runs of this disc in Q plastic and I was essentially fishing for some of that wisdom.

Funny you bring up the Comet as I have been using them as my primary mid lineup for years. And with the help of my MJ series Comets paired with some Ti and base plastic Comets I have been able to cover my entire mid lineup comfortably. However, I have come to the realization that I have not been able to get over how it feels in my girly hands. Thus my search for something with similar flight without the whack feel in the crotch of my palm. The only thing that has come close is an older MS I found.
The QMS in general is more OS than an M Aurora MS. Which QMS is the most beefy Is a question for somebody else.

The M Aurora MS is going to beat in more quickly than Q or S so early on I think you are going to need those. You might be able to replace them over time with S and Q as those beat in.

If I was going to start cold turkey I'd just get an M, S and Q and see where they stack up and start slowly working them in to your mid lineup. The whole thing with a cycle is that it's not how they fly now, but how they are going to fly. You have to beat them to that point, though. It's a process.

IDK the run number, but the Sparkle Q Quantums from a few years back that were stiff and kind of poptop were pretty OS for a QMS.

I picked up a MS in the base millennium plastic, hoping it would fly like a beat Roc off the shelf. They are nice and flat and feel great in the hand, but they are a bit more stable and less glidey than I expected. I'm assuming they'll beat in to to that beat Roc slot, but a regular DX Roc will also beat in to that beat Roc slot, so I'm not sure I'll end up using this disc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm bagging a MS cycle this year. For reference, I own 20+ MSs in a mix of CE/CE blend/ Quantum and base Millennium.

My flippy is an old ce blend 2nd run QMS that has been the longest mainstay in my tourney set up (5/10 8+years and was used when I got it). It's beat but I can still turn it down enough to hyzer flip it to a straightish wiggle at around 300' downwind. At 250' power on a flat line and a little height, it will roll and turn and track a little right before landing flat. At 300' power, it needs 20'+ in height to prevent the turnover from burning out in no wind. I often use this disc for anny forehand approaches up to 200' that pan very predictably to flat landings.

I also bag a stable to understable 6/10 1st run ce blend QMS that started off new decently HSS but with less than 10' fade on a 330' flat release(like a seasoned staight DX Roc). Two years later and I get the same flight but I takes a few degrees of hyzer. This is my "stable comet" flight, where the MS likes to be thrown on high lines and will glide forward a long way. On a full power hyzer flip, I have to be careful for a clean release but it does point A to point B on a frozen rope.

Lastly, I have a stable 6/10 gummy champion QMS that has decent HSS and will flex out of a slight anny to land neutral/straight ahead on a relatively low line (15') with 300' power. On a flat throw, with little wind, its a lazer at 340'. If I'm in the open, the seasoned Quantum MS will handle less than 10mph headwinds for shots under 300'. If it's a hyzer, this disc loves panning, sweeping hyzers. Even when new, this disc was less stable than most ESP Buzzzes I've thrown and a half tick less LSS than a fresh DX Roc.

I bookend my Mid Range line up with a 6/10 Ti Wasp. It's decently seasoned and will flip in moderate headwinds 10-15 mph without some hyzer, but it gives me some sweeping fade, like a premium Roc, that the MS's can't. Even when new, I wouldn't call my wasp OS. The wasp is more of a slightly overstable mold so I'm guessing that unless you play exclusively woods golf, the MS isn't going to be the be all do all mold if you throw over 250'.

Hope this helps:hfive:

Latest posts