• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dont think I have ever seen anyone this BAD!

That is very painful to watch. I feel sorry for someone that unathletic.

i really wonder what discs his buddy has him throwing though... i think they're prob something silly like bosses or kitanas, i mean that's a wicked hyzer for a controlled throw like towards the end... i think he'd be better served with a roadrunner or a teebird, something a little slower and easier to control...
cyclone... that's what he needs or a flx xl...

To me, it felt like the guy teaching him made him paranoid about the timing of his release. It just didn't look natural. I usually tell people to focus on the target, let the disc rip out of your hand and let your body do the aiming.

you are right its bad. Sad to say its so typical of newbees. they try to throw with out proper grip technique and balance. I hope this guy meets someone experienced and starts him all over again working just on smooth technique, once the muscles learn then the accuracy and distance will come no doubt. Remember practice doesn't make perfect. PERFECT PRACTICE MAKE PERFECT. Just some advice from an old timer who can't play anymore because of back pain not fixable. So now i am the self proclaimed DISC GOLF AMBASSADOR TO THE WORLD.
Uncle Bob Thurmon PDGA#3230

To me, it felt like the guy teaching him made him paranoid about the timing of his release. It just didn't look natural. I usually tell people to focus on the target, let the disc rip out of your hand and let your body do the aiming.

you are right its bad. Sad to say its so typical of newbees. they try to throw with out proper grip technique and balance. I hope this guy meets someone experienced and starts him all over again working just on smooth technique, once the muscles learn then the accuracy and distance will come no doubt. Remember practice doesn't make perfect. PERFECT PRACTICE MAKE PERFECT. Just some advice from an old timer who can't play anymore because of back pain not fixable. So now i am the self proclaimed DISC GOLF AMBASSADOR TO THE WORLD.
Uncle Bob Thurmon PDGA#3230

WOW now that you mention it that makes perfect sense. With my son I have never told him about his release which I think is a bit jacked up, but I did tell him where to throw and he just crushes it. I mean for a 3 year old you can not get much better.

Latest posts