• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Duluth to Billings, anything worth stopping at?

wingit

Going to go up to Flip then up through the UP then by Duluth, then going to head out to Diamond X any recommendations for the UP or North Dakota. Also, does anyone know how bad is the construction is on 94 in ND.

Play spirit mountain (outside of duluth). For North Dakota/MN you'll be coming across from Duluth on hwy. 2. Not sure of much between duluth and grand forks nd...but there are two courses in Grand Forks you should play...Lincoln Park and The Loop. Right in the same park. Full 18's and nice parks. Then I'd go south to Fargo and play Oak Grove park, Iwen, and Trollwood. In Fargo I-94 goes right out to Billings. Play in Jamestown at the resevoir and in town at Klaus. Then Bismarck play General Sibley and in Mandan play Sunset (may need a guide...just say when and i'll show you). Dickinson is next town, play Patterson Lake. Just past dickinson 20 miles is belfield and they have a 12 hole course with dual pads worth playing. Then into Montana in Glendive there is a really nice badlands style course at the state park there. Thats as far as I can help with what I know. All the courses I mentioned are 18+ holes. If I had to pick where to stop along a road trip it'd be tough. Championship courses (IMO) in order of your travel directions: The Loop (Grand Forks, ND), The Resevoir (Jamestown, ND), General Sibley (Bismarck, ND), Sunset Park (Mandan, ND), Patterson Lake (Dickinson, ND). Kinda depends on when/how much you can play. If you stop in Bismarck/Mandan I can help guide you. Also I'm pretty sure there is a map of Sunset on the course page. Two championship courses here: sibley is flat and requires shot shaping with wooded park, Sunset has tons of elevation change and more open.

Also, in Hibbing, MN there's a decent course I know they just held a tourney at...in case you don't want to drive 5 hours from Duluth to Grand Forks without playing.

Patterson Lake, in Dickinson is Awesome, though maintenance can be hit or miss, it's usually in good shape once or twice a year for events, in between it can get pretty overgrown.

Makoshika isn't stellar because of the golf it offers, but is definitely worth stopping by for a round for the pure uniqueness of it.

I assume Mont du Lac is on your radar in Duluth, if not it should be.

In the UP - The must plays are, Escanaba, Tailings, and Powder Mill.

Thanks alot fellas gives me plenty to look through before I leave, plan is to head up by Glacier then to wherever my car steers me, have approx. 10 day to get back to Rockford IL

Latest posts