• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DX Banshee is the best cycling mold of all time

I would have agreed with this thought about 20 years ago. I was throwing Banshees as my stable/over-stable driver as far as most of the people I played with were throwing their TeeBirds. I was cycling KCPro and DX Banshees back then, KC or DX Gazelles or Cheetahs would have been in the under-stable slot. But as discs advanced in speeds, plastics and distances the Banshee fell off the radar.

So I would say the Roc is still the best mold to cycle...IMNSHO...

I'll take DX Eagles as a better cycling candidate over the DX Banshee.

I do love a good DX Eagle X cycle... but I've never tried to cycle Banshees. I'm interested but realistically I don't get to play enough to start a new disc cycle.

At one time I geared up to cycle DX Firebirds. The cycle lasted 3 throws. My DX Firebird was molded legitimately flippier than a DX Valkyrie. Experiment over haha!

I'll take DX Eagles as a better cycling candidate over the DX Banshee.

I cycle Eagles as well.
Honestly, Banshees , Rocs, and Eagles are all great, probably 1a,b, and c. The one thing a Banshee can do that the other two don't is fill that truly OS slot when new. However, a beat eagle fills the flat to right turn slot better than anything I've thrown, and it absolutely bombs. Also, Banshees just get no love so figured this would at least generate a discussion. If I posted "DX Rocs are the best cycling mold of all time", 4 people would have agreed and niced my post, and discerdoo would still tell me I was wrong. Boring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do love a good DX Eagle X cycle... but I've never tried to cycle Banshees. I'm interested but realistically I don't get to play enough to start a new disc cycle.

At one time I geared up to cycle DX Firebirds. The cycle lasted 3 throws. My DX Firebird was molded legitimately flippier than a DX Valkyrie. Experiment over haha!

I went through a phase where I only wanted one mold per slot, so I had the whole gamut of Firebirds and used on of those for turnovers and hyzerflips.

Really weird batch of discs.

The banshee used to be one of my favorite discs but my issue with this is the lack of glide. Looking solely at numbers, I would say the gateway blaze would do a better job, slightly slower with more glide. It's numbers actually are just a faster roc. All of the great cycle discs have good glide and near 0 turn.

I cycle Eagles as well.
Honestly, Banshees , Rocs, and Eagles are all great, probably 1a,b, and c. The one thing a Banshee can do that the other two don't is fill that truly OS slot when new. However, a beat eagle fills the flat to right turn slot better than anything I've thrown, and it absolutely bombs. Also, Banshees just get no love so figured this would at least generate a discussion. If I posted "DX Rocs are the best cycling mold of all time", 4 people would have agreed and niced my post, and discerdoo would still tell me I was wrong. Boring.

If you had proclaimed that the DX Banshee was the greatest cycling mold of all time on the Banshee thread, I likely wouldn't have replied. I assumed you wanted to generate a discussion.

But yes, I'm sure you bag the three greatest cycling molds ever.

I cycle Eagles as well.

I think this really is a "for me" scenario for you. I don't play in the kinds of conditions where I need the extreme end of the OS spectrum. A fresh good DX Roc is going to get thrown a lot because it's too beefy for a #1 for me. I want the #1 role to fight the winds I face regularly (I disc up when they're whipping) and still get my distance before fading. I carry 3 Rocs in these numbers: #1/#2, #3, #4/#5.

I get that you need that beef but recognize not everyone requires what you're fighting for. And the Roc is the best mold of all time*.

*discerdoo is welcome to his incorrect opinion! :D

If you had proclaimed that the DX Banshee was the greatest cycling mold of all time on the Banshee thread, I likely wouldn't have replied. I assumed you wanted to generate a discussion.

But yes, I'm sure you bag the three greatest cycling molds ever.

I do, and thank you for finally recognizing it

I think this really is a "for me" scenario for you. I don't play in the kinds of conditions where I need the extreme end of the OS spectrum. A fresh good DX Roc is going to get thrown a lot because it's too beefy for a #1 for me. I want the #1 role to fight the winds I face regularly (I disc up when they're whipping) and still get my distance before fading. I carry 3 Rocs in these numbers: #1/#2, #3, #4/#5.

I get that you need that beef but recognize not everyone requires what you're fighting for. And the Roc is the best mold of all time*.

*discerdoo is welcome to his incorrect opinion! :D

I played in the woods today with no wind. I have a dx roc that's finally beat into a hyzer flip glide machine, and I didn't throw my banshee once lol. So yeah...maybe I just love slow discs in DX plastic

I played in the woods today with no wind. I have a dx roc that's finally beat into a hyzer flip glide machine, and I didn't throw my banshee once lol. So yeah...maybe I just love slow discs in DX plastic

Just remember that DX is actually the best plastic. :thmbup:

Just remember that the olderDX is actually the best plastic. :thmbup:

FTFY...

:p

but actually I think the old KC (8x) plastic is the best plastic...

followed closely by "the older" DX plastic...

Latest posts