• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

European Open 2016

dashiellx

* Ace Member *
At the end of round one, McBeth and Wysocki tied for the lead at 56(-8)

What's with the weak American turnout this year? In years past the big Euro event has always been attended heavily by American players.

Probably because a lot of guys couldn't afford to fly to Europe, with the Fling being next week.

What's up with hole 17? Only two birdies?

Haven't checked the layout, but assuming same 17 as last year, people are probably playing safe, laying up. Green slopes hard right to left, with OB on the left, downhill putt most of the time. Silver Lätt was one of the two birdies, he's likely run it with a forehand.

What's with the weak American turnout this year? In years past the big Euro event has always been attended heavily by American players.

At the beginning of the year the 3rd DGWT Event was slated for Estonia. An overbooking incident by the park authorities bounced the disc golf event, so they moved it to Nokia because of the connections there.

So essentially the pros were comparing Tallin Open to Beaver State Fling when making tour plans...and without the prestige of the EO (at the time) to pull them across the pond BSF is preferred, especially since Master's Cup and St. Jude Invitational put them already on the West Coast.

Or that's my theory anyway...

They gonna have the same video coverage as the last event or a live stream on the weekend?

Similar to Konopiste, edited coverage from each day, is the plan.

Support journalism in disc golf. Read my Round 1 Recap.

This post brought to you by technology, which allowed me to talk to people in Europe while I ate breakfast on the West Coast. I know it seems routine now, but it is pretty cool to be able to cover these events from afar thanks to social media and free long distance calling on computer-based apps.

At the beginning of the year the 3rd DGWT Event was slated for Estonia. An overbooking incident by the park authorities bounced the disc golf event, so they moved it to Nokia because of the connections there.

So essentially the pros were comparing Tallin Open to Beaver State Fling when making tour plans...and without the prestige of the EO (at the time) to pull them across the pond BSF is preferred, especially since Master's Cup and St. Jude Invitational put them already on the West Coast.

Or that's my theory anyway...

Similar to Konopiste, edited coverage from each day, is the plan.

Thanks jamie, that makes a lot of sense.

What's with mcbeths straddle putting? Is his back that bad right now?

pretty impressive that McBeth is tied for the lead and has finished top 3 in every tournament while playing through this back injury and missing so many uncharacteristic putts. Ricky better enjoy it while it lasts...

pretty impressive that McBeth is tied for the lead and has finished top 3 in every tournament while playing through this back injury and missing so many uncharacteristic putts. Ricky better enjoy it while it lasts...

PFFHHHH............ Rick is winning because he is playing the best disc golf. plain and simple.

PFFHHHH............ Rick is winning because he is playing the best disc golf. plain and simple.

plain and simple meaning you think McBeth is lying about his injury? Or because you think an injury that forced him to switch putting styles and eliminate most of his practice rounds isn't a factor in his performance. Ricky beat him by 1! stroke...

He is playing great golf. No one can look at his recent performances and say otherwise. He has confidence, he is executing drives and he is draining putts. He deserves every bit of success on his own merit, not because someone else is hurt.

Just in case I missed it, this isn't being streamed at all is it? No videos currently posted?

Latest posts