• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ever forget your shoes?

tcblank

Bogey Member
Had that happen yesterday. Got everything for my round of DG after work with the co-workers, but I forgot my shoes at the office for some stupid reason. So we went with what I had. My nice leather dress shoes for the office were all I had to play in.

Yep, I looked like the biggest dork with a t-shirt, shorts, white socks, and black leather dress shoes on the course. Guess I really love the game.

Ever want to give yourself a handicap wear dress shoes you don't want to mess up to play in. No dragging your left foot for back hand throws. Which means I was mostly flicking which was off since I have been working on my backhand the past month. I basically gave up with trying any movement with my feet before my throw since I didn't want to ruin the shoes. I just stood still to throw.

At least with my crappy drives, I was forced to do good approach and putts to even be able to compete. Focus on the game I can play eh? Did manage to nail a 200'+ putt. Of course that was because I only had a 150' drive :( Yah, my drives were bad.

I did that once...ended up stopping at WalMart and picking up a $10 pair on my way to the course.

Yeah my gator skin stacy adams aint seeing noooooooooo dg tees ya diiiig!?

it happends and sucks. I'd thrift store it even next time no way to play in dress shoes its hard enough to walk.

I just did that very same thing yesterday. Except I didn't just forget my shoes, I left my entire change of civilian clothes on my couch when I left for work. Didn't stop me from playing either, though. Went to Castle Hayne and played 18 holes in my standard-issue U.S. Navy "aquaflage" uniform. Got plenty of looks walking through the woods.

I usually have my discin' shoes in the trunk of my car. But I've definitely left them at home at least twice. Once I went back for them, and the other time I just played in street shoes (some adidas skate-type shoes I guess) so it wasn't too bad.

Nothing worse than forgetting shoes. :(

I did that once...ended up stopping at WalMart and picking up a $10 pair on my way to the course.

I did exactly that when I drove an hour and a half to meet up with people and forgot my shoes. All I had were flip flops so I went to awl mart and bought the cheapest gym shoes I could find.

Man up, and play barefoot next time!

I forgot shoes once and went in flip-flops. I just slipped them off when I threw and it turned out to be a good round. Lately I noticed increased distance with less constrictive footwear.

My Flintstones moment...

I entered a Team Triples event with Henry Childres and David Wiggins a few years ago. Wiggins shows up with JUST some crocs, one of which or both have broken straps. I LUCKILY had my shoes (Keens, I think) AND a pair of Vibram Five Fingers I bought literally 2 days before. I gave wiggins the shoes, I wore the 5Fings, and we DESTROYED THE COURSE. I mean multiple eagles PER ROUND. It was pretty awesome.... BUT... after 4 rounds of Chattooga Belle, I literally could not walk coming down the stretch. the tendons on top of my feet were so inflamed I ended up sticking my feet in a cooler. I could barely walk up for awards.

Never forgot my shoes. I have forgot to take my bag of discs to a few rounds. One was a tourney round at the Glass Blown Open. Lucky for me I live 4 minutes from the country club and had plenty of time to go get them.

Yup. Done this exactly one time as well. Used them for 3 or 4 rounds that weekend and a few more after that. Never again :|.

twice. once i played in a pair of loafers i had in my trunk, the other time i borrowed a size-too-small pair from a friend and got through the round before my feet tore through them.

Did manage to nail a 200'+ putt.

that's not a putt, that's an approach shot that went in :)

As long as the course isn't on a junkyard, I'd probably just play hobbit-style. I usually keep a pair of shoes in my trunk though, just because.

Now, I've had to swing into a Tractor Supply Co because I left my boots in Indy when I drove to Cinci to play paintball. So I bought a nice pair of insulated boots, with the slip in liners. Still use them for snowy disc golf, or any time I'll be out in the snow. Probably own more boots than sneakers.

I'm careful about shoes...

In Jr High, I left my gym bag in a class during the day, with my football cleats in it, and realized as we were dressing to get on the bus (road game) that my cleats were locked in there, couldn't find a janitor to let me in. Had to play in tennis shoes. O-line/D-line. It was like playing on roller skates, got pushed around all game, ragged mercilessly by the opposing sideline. That kind of thing can be traumatic for a 7th grader.

So, I'm more likely to leave my putting putters (done it more than once) in the practice basket at the house than leave my shoes.

Some parks are excellently barefoot-able. Ann-Mo/Boise I'd play early[8-ish] and it was so dewy any shoes got soaked, so freefooting it was wonderful in that lush grass.
Harder to go barefoot in the cooler climes of the NW, or the sand-burred soil of the Gulf Coast.

Personally, my DG shoes stay in the trunk in their own little bag.