• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ever forget your shoes?

ahhhh the good old leave your putter in the practice basket or bag at home and you are at the course! ...now the course putters never leave the bag and bag tends to stay in the truck but shoes is a good idea'

I brought 3 pairs of shoes to highbridge and stepped in a huge hidden sinking mud area-- of course left my other pairs back at the hotel :|

I've definitely showed up to several rounds without putting my bag in the car, played with nothing but whatever trashed wizard was in my trunk or under the seat of my car. :p

Some parks are excellently barefoot-able. Ann-Mo/Boise I'd play early[8-ish] and it was so dewy any shoes got soaked, so freefooting it was wonderful in that lush grass.
Harder to go barefoot in the cooler climes of the NW, or the sand-burred soil of the Gulf Coast.

Personally, my DG shoes stay in the trunk in their own little bag.
...or on courses with lots of thorny rough, acorns and other naturally occuring items (not to mention broken glass and man-mdae crap) that make playing in bare feet hazardous. If it's course in a city parks with lush grass, maybe, but most courses I play would be very tough on unprotected feet. I won't condemn those who play shoeless, but to me, it's simply not worth the risk.

I used to play after work all the time. I forgot my shoes once and bought a pair of crappy shoes from Goodwill and gave them away after one wear.

Another time I forgot to bring other pants, so I wore my suit pants for that round. I was afraid I'd snag them on something or slip in some mud.

I do like that I haven't heard anyone say, "Yeah, I forgot my shoes, so I just went back home." We all decided that not playing was unacceptable!

Ever forget your pants??

I usually have my discin' shoes in the trunk of my car. But I've definitely left them at home at least twice. Once I went back for them, and the other time I just played in street shoes (some adidas skate-type shoes I guess) so it wasn't too bad.

Nothing worse than forgetting shoes. :(

Same. On a roadtrip once with my bro, I forgot to change out of my Vans and into my Merrells. Only walked about 50 feet from the car but I was like, "ah, screw it." That was a mistake. Skate shoes and a mountain course of wet grass = bad time.

I have forgotten my boots. Being too far from home to turn around, I bought a new pair and played that day.

It's too muddy most of the year to wear stuff you care about most of the year in Vancouver.

I have forgotten my DG shoes a couple of times. I had them ready to go and left them behind. Thankfully I was wearing tennis shoes and was able to get by with those.

Well, I have forgotten them before and bought a cheap pair before I got to the course. My problem yesterday was that I wasn't driving, since the transmission went out in my car the other day. So I was riding with others to the course. It was when I got to the course, too far from any place I could conceivably drive to and get back after buying a pair before the sun set. So it was either play with what I had, or not play at all.

And ya that 200'+ putt was an approach shot :) First time making one in from that far away. I've had a few hit the basket and not go in though.

Yes, I was forced to make moccasins out of a couple of partially melted soft MVP Proton Ions, some tree bark, and ivy vines. I found the Ions had poor traction at first, but gripped the Teepad surface well once worn in.

OK, maybe not, but I did have to play in my hemp patagonia slip ons once.

Yes, I was forced to make moccasins out of a couple of partially melted soft MVP Proton Ions, some tree bark, and ivy vines. I found the Ions had poor traction at first, but gripped the Teepad surface well once worn in.

OK, maybe not, but I did have to play in my hemp patagonia slip ons once.

Your increased gyroscopical shoes probably would have cut at least 4 strokes off your score.

I play barefoot sometimes but I'm pretty used to being barefoot on a regular basis, some courses are more friendly than others. I actually prefer to play some wooded courses barefoot over the grass ones due to spurs and bees.

I went to go play our club putter only round at Zebulon which is not close to my house and I got there for a round before we played to practice and I realized I had left my shoes. I stepped on countless spurs and got stung by a bee and still shot a 50 with only a pig, an anode and my voodoo. A 50 was rated 1010 at the last tourney at Zeb.

In the actual competition I stepped on another bee and got stung but only shot a 55. Still a good day for being barefoot.

Yup. Playing in skate shoes isn't a problem though. Always have those and my board in my trunk.

A friend lost is shoes on the course. He sunk about thigh high in mud and when he pulled out his shoe wasn't there. The hole closed up and he finished the tourney without shoes.

knowing that my course shoes were in the car i left the house barefoot. only problem was that i forgot my socks. round was ok but my feet smelled like the stall of an incontinent horse. now, i always keep an extra pair of socks in my glove compartment, which is a misnomer, it's really my sock compartment.

The only way I could leave my house/office without shoes that I could DG in would be if I left barefoot. And even then, I'd play.

Latest posts