• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ever had a top-notch public course to yourself?

For anyone who's played at Morley, they'll agree that this is probably the most astounding post on this thread so far :thmbup:

I've never played Morley, and I'm still astounded, just based on reputation.

I don't know if it's a "top-notch public course" or not, but the one time I played Maple Hill we were the only people on it. The serenity of being alone was only added to by a blanket of snow that built up as we played.

I've played Richmond Hills right after it rained really hard and to my best knowledge I was the only one playing.

Have played Hudson Mills, Beauty, and Beast, with no one else around...
But the ultimate in having great public courses aaaalll to myself:

Played all 3 courses at IDGC Christmas Day.
Not a soul around except for me and some squirrels. Talk about peace and quiet... :thmbup:

Perhaps the most serene feeling I've ever had was on Steady Ed, holes 12 & 13: standing on the tee pad early in the morning, with lake right there, surface as smooth as glass, and basket way out ther to the right.
One of those "it doesn't get any better than this," type of moments.

When I was working nights I would get out to Lester Lorch in Cedar Hill at sunrise. It sucked because if you were the first person there you were the first person to eat all the spider webs. I probably looked like I was fighting a ghost all by myself out there.

Have played Hudson Mills, Beauty, and Beast, with no one else around...
But the ultimate in having great public courses aaaalll to myself:

Played all 3 courses at IDGC Christmas Day.
Not a soul around except for me and some squirrels. Talk about peace and quiet... :thmbup:

Perhaps the most serene feeling I've ever had was on Steady Ed, holes 12 & 13: standing on the tee pad early in the morning, with lake right there, surface as smooth as glass, and basket way out ther to the right.
One of those "it doesn't get any better than this," type of moments.

Ashleigh and I played those on a weekday, we had the place completely to ourselves for the first 2.5 rounds, then we saw one guy and his kid and an employee mowing the fairways. That's a great place to be out by yourself enjoying the scenery! :thmbup:

Jason, no worries man. I did ignore the "top notch" part. I did have 2 totally awesome solitary rounds at Eagle Ridge in Oswego last summer. I'm planning on getting out to as many courses as I can this summer, but my love for Wheeler will always be huge. Sorry for getting defensive about my home course!!

When I was working nights I would get out to Lester Lorch in Cedar Hill at sunrise. It sucked because if you were the first person there you were the first person to eat all the spider webs. I probably looked like I was fighting a ghost all by myself out there.
lulz

Since I have every Wednesday off, I get to play alone without anyone on the courses. I play Harry Myers in Rockwall, TX quite a bit. It's rating is 4.40

I suppose that it would qualify.

When we played Lake Bistaneau in Louisiana we had it to ourselves, we started on 9 and a guy we know walked up and joined us. It was funny because my group was from the Dallas area and the guy was a Dallas area guy who had moved away, RustyP.

When my wife and I played Beaver Ranch in CO, we were alone but it was a monday morning.

Man I want to play Lake Bistaneau in the fall. I know it would be beautiful. It's on my wish list.

I play Madisonville City Park 3 or 4 times a month,Hardly anybody plays there.I mean this course is having an A Tier in July and its rated 4.3 on here.Maybe the best,most underused course in the U.S.,most certainly in Kentucky.

Man I want to play Lake Bistaneau in the fall. I know it would be beautiful. It's on my wish list.

Bisteneau is sick. Even if there were people on the course you might never run into them. I played in one day last year when it was sort of misting all day, and there was only one group of people other than my friends. It was wet.. but fun.

Where I live there are two courses in the same park (Armco Park) that I consider my home courses.

Armco is a pretty cool pair of courses. They were deserted when I played them, too.

and there was no one on Idlewild last summer when I played it.

Idlewild? But i was there bro.

Sorry, I meant "when we played it". :eek: That was a damn fun round, but there was NO ONE around, except around the parking lot. I'm still pissed I left my phone in the car, and didn't get a pic of that huge rattlesnake skin I found on #1 fairway.

Looking forward to another great Idlewild round this summer tour, as well.... and I'm staying on the fairway, that's for damn sure.

Famous last words...

Looking forward to another great Idlewild round this summer tour, as well.... and I'm staying on the fairway, that's for damn sure.
Good luck with that, man... easier said than done!

Good luck with that, man... easier said than done!

Finding a 3' long one of these on #1 fairway last time was a strong incentive.

snake_skin_rattle.jpg

Plenty of times I'm the only disc golfer but very rarely am I the only one in the park. That's what I really want. I don't mind other disc golfers they never seem to get in my way it's the dog walkers I have a problem with. The lazy ones. They don't pick up after their dogs, no leashes, and they have a need to stand in the fairway and stare at you until you yell at them to move. We have a somewhat new and beautiful dog park but you'd never know because all the idiots in town will drive right past it and take their dog to a family park. Drives me up the wall. I love dogs but I hate most dog owners. /rant

I play Madisonville City Park 3 or 4 times a month,Hardly anybody plays there.I mean this course is having an A Tier in July and its rated 4.3 on here.Maybe the best,most underused course in the U.S.,most certainly in Kentucky.

I kind of agree. I play there a few times weekly and some days my girlfriend and I are the only people using the course. Others the parking lot is packed. I dont think there are a lot of local players, mostly people from evansville, henderson, bg, etc.
During the summer I play daily and even then there aren't a large number of folks out there. The tournament last summer really surprised a lot of townspeople as they really didn't think disc golf was that popular or fun.

I kind of agree. I play there a few times weekly and some days my girlfriend and I are the only people using the course. Others the parking lot is packed. I dont think there are a lot of local players, mostly people from evansville, henderson, bg, etc.
During the summer I play daily and even then there aren't a large number of folks out there. The tournament last summer really surprised a lot of townspeople as they really didn't think disc golf was that popular or fun.

You should come to Atkinson in Henderson on Sundays at 1:00 pm for dubs.Not a top notch course but alot of fun.

Latest posts