• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fade DG Bags ...

Are fade bags made in the U.S.? If yes, it would seem that for a few dollars more you could offer custom bag colors. I got the idea from shoe makers like Etnies & DC. http://store.etnies.com/custom/?ref=cj They offer an online color choice section where you can make your own unique shoes. This adds to the collectabilty of the product. I don't think anybody is doing anything like this currently in the DG bag market. This would satisfy the many unique color requests.

That's a great idea! and yes they are made in the U.S.

Fade Gear
3802 Woodlawn Road
P.O. Box 855
Sterling, Illinois 61081
U.S.A.

DiscChain's idea is the best I've heard so far.....Hey Fademan...You still reading this?????? Of course the price would have to be slightly higher for custom than for production, but hey fade bags are already less $$, and still great quality, even a bag at custom price should be the same as a production bag with other companies!

After using an general-purpose Keen bag for awhile, and a day pack before it, I decided to get a disc-specific bag for the new year. I compared Fade, Gorilla boy & Revolution.
After deciding on Fade, I was torn between the Crunch Box and Tourney, so I emailed the Fademan with questions mulitple times. He was helpful and quick to respond.
My pumpkin Crunch Box arrived yesterday ( sooner than expected) from Disc Golf Center. I love it. Really well made and light. Great product at a great price !

Yes, I read this...

Hi all.

Of course I read your posts. I mean, I don't sit here watching the screen waiting for the next comment, but I check-in every few days.

Couple of things to note

1) FADE Gear Bags are not made in the USA. I tried, but then there are already good bags made in the USA and I could not deliver top quality at REASONABLE prices. The designs and the testing are all mine, though. Gorilla is incredible and if you are adamant on Made in USA, you should go that route. However, be aware that most of the fabric, fasteners, clips, etc. used in sports bags are made in China. You would have to ask the specific manufacturer to document where the materials are made, not just purchased. I would love to be able to custom-assemble a bag for you, but Phenix already offers that if you want to pay the $125 plus. I can't get their website to work in Firefox so I don't know the final price.

2) Look, like it or not, this is an international economy. FADE Gear bags are made by the same good people that make a surprising number of products for MAJOR American companies..like Eddie Bauer, REI, Flambeau Sports, etc. You could eat off the production floors, they are an ISO 9000 manufacturer, they employ NO CHILD LABOR, they work normal hours like we do, overtime when they can get it and are off on weekends and more holidays that we get. I trust the workers, love their quality and I have seldom had better communication with any manufacturer in my many years.

3) TOURNEY BAG dividers: I also think the dumb things are too wide. Sorry. I don't have a real major problem with them, but on a future production schedule I will be making an appropriate adjustment so they don't form into little "S"-curves. It is good to see the feedback here. Thanks.

4) I am so sick of winter already. I have played in the snow a few times, but that nice cross-step and follow-through is hampered by ice-covered tees and 12" of snow. At least the snow cushions my ass when I pirouette off the end.

5) Keep those calls and letters coming folks!

Great to see such a close involvement between manufacturer and customer. :) I love fade bags, the tourney is in the near future for me.

Man, I love you guys.

You know, I have had a couple of contests for FREE bags. Any of you ever enter? I post a bunch of hard a%% questions, mostly about music and POP culture and the earliest entry with the most right answers wins a tournament bag. We just gave away 4 bags in September.

I may run a contest here after the holidays if the host allows it.

Hint, hint...besides, it's good clean fun.

Fademan.

I missed this question. I was the Winner of the contest. I have been bragging about how you took care of me after the win ever since!

Question:

If I have more than 10 but less than 20 discs, would I be better served by the Crunch Box or the Tourney bag? Would it be a mistake to try and squeeze 15 discs into the Crunch box? Would the Tourney bag be too bulky and big for only 13 discs? 'Cause that's my target capacity: 12-15 discs, and I don't see a lot of bags out there with that number in their sweet spot.

Question:

If I have more than 10 but less than 20 discs, would I be better served by the Crunch Box or the Tourney bag? Would it be a mistake to try and squeeze 15 discs into the Crunch box? Would the Tourney bag be too bulky and big for only 13 discs? 'Cause that's my target capacity: 12-15 discs, and I don't see a lot of bags out there with that number in their sweet spot.

Ok so Im holding both bags in my hand ... the crunch can hold 10-12 discs in the main pouch (depending on the driver : midrange : putter ratio) the front pouch holds 2 putters. Id say you could fit 15 max as long as there are more drivers than putters.
The tourney fits 22-25 (max) discs in the main compartment ... and 2 putters in the front (again this will depend on you ratio of discs)

If you are only going to carry 12-15 discs ever than just get the crunch as IMO the tourney would be overkill; just too big for that many discs unless you have other things you like to carry in the bag.

Both bags are great, have good pocket space and are very durable.

Are fade bags made in the U.S.? If yes, it would seem that for a few dollars more you could offer custom bag colors. I got the idea from shoe makers like Etnies & DC. http://store.etnies.com/custom/?ref=cj They offer an online color choice section where you can make your own unique shoes. This adds to the collectabilty of the product. I don't think anybody is doing anything like this currently in the DG bag market. This would satisfy the many unique color requests.

Gorilla Boy Disc Sports used to make custom colored bags and may do so again in the future. Currently they are working on developing a stock of bags so they is not taking custom orders. I was lucky enough to get a couple of custom made bags for my family

Question:

I would go with the tourney, It doesn't weigh that much more, it will hold your current discs and the ones you will get in the future (its inevitable, the sooner you submiss the better...just go with it) and in the meantime, it will hold other things that are important in life...like poptarts and applesauce, for those fifth hole hunger fits.

all joking aside though, I would go with the tourney, because you will get more discs as time passes, and with the crunchbox, you will not be able to squeeze anymore in later and will have to buy another bag anyways.

And the colors! if you don't like it, don't buy it. There are plenty of us who like the outside the crunchbox colors (you see what I did there..) Just look around, everyone seems to be sold out of the garden deli and phsyco...maybe some of your aren't secure enough to handle that much bag...

Keep up the good work Fademan!

+2 on the polar bottle! haha, I work at a bike shop and we sell the 32oz models also, they're great!
Dude... 32oz? Really?! PM with some details please.
Bah! Heck with your PM's ERicJ! ;) Share the wealth Holmes!
To follow up on/close this tangent to the thread... Wheat found out that Polar used to make 34oz models but they've been out of production for a couple years now, and he didn't have access to any right now.

But if anyone is out shopping at a bike specialty shop and happens across some old stock of 34oz Polars pleeeeease drop me a line and let me know.

Thanks.

ERic

Question:

Lewis,

I've been researching this lately and I'd have to say "neither" fits your sweet spot. The Crunch Box is too small and the Tournament is too large. I just compared both in a store and here are my results:
-Crunch:
Using a typical mix of drivers, mid-range, and putters I fit 9 discs in the main compartment
-Tournament: Using
a typical mix of drivers, mid-range, and putters I fit 17 discs in the main compartment.)

I'm currently looking for a new bag to carry 12-14 discs. And I'm most likely going to buy the Gorilla Boy Chimpanzee bag.

There are other choices such as Sky South, Lightning, Discraft Player, Disc Player Sport, Phenix Streamline... but to me, each have limitations (high price, or low quality, or lacking features...).

You might want to check out my updated "Bag Buyers Guide" at DG Resources (see my signature, then look in the Files section after you join as a member).

i am currently using a crunch box and it is sweet...10 drivers, 3 mids, and 3 putters . i can fit 3 putters in the front pocket. its a full bag, but alot easier to carry than the 24 i used to carry in a innova delux bag. plus i can get 3 beers in the side pocket....

I have a tourney fade bag. Superior Quality. Thumbs UP!!!

I got my tourney bag about three weeks ago. Hatrack black. I love it. Simply love it.

I got FADE bag 3 months ago and it was the best investment for myself. Got it at DiscGolfCenter My First bag

i heard they are great quality. but what really turned me off about the bags are the bright, fruity colors. i wanted a dark bag that could be set down in a little dirt and still look fine.

other than the color they are sturdy bags so ive heard and they are cheaper than innovas bags, ex: the fade tourney bag is $39.99 (+quadshocks if necessary) and an innova tourney bag is $59.99(plus backsavers/quadshocks if necessary)

good prices awfully tacky and bright colors.

You can get FADE Tourney bags in black and Crunch Box bags in dirt brown.