• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite Molds in Prodigy and Innova

rj29274

Double Eagle Member
What molds do you love from these companies? keep it positive, please.

I am looking into what I should order for my Amateur only event mid-May

Cheers :thmbup:

Yeah. I just joined Team Prodigy so I am obviously going to support them, since they are supporting me. The plastic is pretty new to me so I am looking for some more opinions.

The only Prodigy disc I have thrown is the M4 in 400G plastic. It seems to have a good reputation.

Prodigy and Innova

The Prodigy I am Happy with are PA3 400, M4, F5,X3 and X4 all 400 plastic and all straight flyers. These discs seem to work with strong and noddle arms both

A1, A2, PA3, M4, F3, D2, D3 All I got for Prodigy

Innova has already been covered, but I'd add the Leopard to the list

Destroyers, Firebirds, Teebirds, Rocs, Aviars.
Maybe Leopards. People seem to like those inferior Gazelles.

For Prodigy I like the; D1, D3, X1, A1, A2, M2 and M3.

They have cool stuff but the naming and stamps are a bit boring IMO. Good quality though.

For Innova; Destroyers, Roc, Teebird, Firebird, Thunderbird, Aviars and Shrykes will go over well, but I also really like Eagles, Colts and Apes.

TBH, your probably going to be able to sell/give away 2 Classic Innova Discs for every Prodigy one you do.

According to the retailers I've seen numbers from(Kw shared on here as has Infinate) Prodigy moves slow. It's just a harder sell in general.

More Prodigy info would be great, thanks

The F5 and F3 are great fairways I think all skill levels could find use for. I bagged both at one time. M3 is a Buzzz with a sharper rim due to a small bevel (close in feel to DGA's Aftershock) so I prefer the M2. Pair that with an M4, which is almost exactly like a Buzzz SS in feel, and I could easily go all Prodigy. My 750 flies at about the same stability.

Putter-wise I've tried everything but the PA3, and I'd go with the PA1. Lower profile than most putters, which I like since I power grip everything, and you can lay into it.

I've only had the D1 and a D4 in that glassy clear plastic Prodigy started out with, and have only ever thrown them with an LED taped to them. D4 was Nuke SS understable, and I only used it on uphills and tailwinds, hyzerflipping at an extreme angle. The D1 was good, but just based on flight ratings, D2 or D3 are probably better introductions to their distance drivers.

I am Prodigy sponsored and run events as well. The molds i have found to move most quickly in this area are D1, D2, X3, F5, M2, M3, M4, A2, PA1 and PA3. If they have made more X1's by the time you need them i would add those as well.

The only Prodigy product I still bag is a towel, but it works REALLY well.

Wish I could be of more help

I love my PA4's and I think they would be great for your Am only event. I use it as a thrower and would recommend it in 400G or 400 plastic. One of the best all around molds I've ever used. Real talk.

I also think M4's & M2's would be good for your event. I don't have any experience with their fairways or distance drivers.

Last edited:

Latest posts