• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] FD/Fairway Disc/Dark Rebel/Hawkeye

Well, they have been up in Discmania's website all day and they haven't sold out yet.

Obviously, some retailers have high hopes that there will be a crazy demand for them.

37ca99efc4092490e318eaaa5e3fc2df.jpg

I've shopped Sunking before so I had to double check. That's for a set of two, they sell stuff in sets sometimes. 😁

Not that dehaas doesn't have a point.

I get it, DM drops for the last 2 years have been buy buy buy because you don't know how few and far between releases are.

That's supposedly different now. Based on what I felt firsthand and pricing I can't see how these are worth the cash moneys. Just saying I avoided that game and let others take the gamble. If it pays off great for them holding strong. DM has been pretty blunt that stuff in demand they're gonna catch up on stock wise indefinitely. Lot of people scooped up proto P2's, myself included and they don't hold value…too many released because they were overcompensating for years of stock issues.

I've shopped Sunking before so I had to double check. That's for a set of two, they sell stuff in sets sometimes. [emoji16]

Not that dehaas doesn't have a point.

Ah. I forgot they like to offer up pairs. They tricked me once before when I saw some $50 Lunas that were also for a pair. Thanks.

Hit up the local PIAS today and they had a stack of the new Eye-talian FD's sitting on the floor lol. Picked one up to fondle…stiff plastic, dome but not as crazy soup bowlesque like some of the dong rebels I've seen. Didn't even flip it over to look at the price, hard pass based on feel.

I always preferred sixth run c lines because it was the closest to a "3" topped FD as you were gonna get. Second runs don't count in that equation obviously. I did look at the wing…saw online somebody comment that the bottom wing piece does have a slight curve at the very bottom and wasn't completely flat or slightly convex like OG runs. I'm assuming that's where the extra stability comes into play.

Also saw another comment saying it resembles a 5th run c FD. Plastic feel alone I'd say that's spot on. OG DM fans aren't paying top dollar for 5th runs if anybody cares…

Hate to say it, but glad DM went out on a limb and decided to control their own fate. All the Innova molded FU OG mold rereleases have been soup bowls and gross, but biznass is biznass. Put out the OG cheaper than the new reverse engineered Eye-talians and let people decide. However these quick approvals and releases on Innova's behalf I think are definitely take away the hype of the "reinvented" molds.

I preferred the L3/TL3 combo to the FD but the CD2/PD control driver spot was my bread and butter for years. Hate to say but on the hunt for a mid I could throw equally comfy FH/BH I found the Hex and instantly clicked…and started exploring more. Relay/Crave combo works just fine and stupid long for their speeds. Insanity/Tesla/Wrath makes me forget the overpriced DM control drivers I lusted for years.

Point is, I'm really doubting their ability to recreate the OG's to their liking in a time frame that people are willing to wait. Add in a hefty price increase and people are over it…I was a while back. Eagle is hurt, Simon was hurt but now a new dad, all the new release artwork looks as bad as Rebel Dong…which was an intentional troll job…for a hype company who had the opportunity to totally smash the business pivot…one might say that they've peaked?

Have you tried the Champ Dark Rebel? I don't feel like mine is a soup bowl, never tried the star version but my Jackel FD is pretty domey as well. Honestly they feel super similar but I also prefer the L3/TL3 combo. As for the PD I've never thrown one but my buddy really likes the Phantom Sword as a fill in and the new Dynasty from Infinite, according to Eric Oakley, is the CD2 mold but again I've never throw that or the CD2 so going off hearsay

I get it, DM drops for the last 2 years have been buy buy buy because you don't know how few and far between releases are.

That's supposedly different now. Based on what I felt firsthand and pricing I can't see how these are worth the cash moneys. Just saying I avoided that game and let others take the gamble. If it pays off great for them holding strong. DM has been pretty blunt that stuff in demand they're gonna catch up on stock wise indefinitely. Lot of people scooped up proto P2's, myself included and they don't hold value…too many released because they were overcompensating for years of stock issues.

well and the fact that they aren't P2s, they are a completely different mold. I bought them as my original P2 was getting pretty beat and the price to replace it was stupid. Luckily I spoke to a couple people in the know and they pointed me in the direction of the Omega4 and Alpaca as they are the original P2 mold for a fraction of the price.

Looks like Discmania made some crazy numbers of FD for this drop…the shop I use here in Sweden got over 800pc …and they still got 600pc left

I recently ordered a bunch of purple discs to construct a purple themed bag. I got 2 purple of the Italian Blend FDs from Discmania, and gave them an audition today.

These things are flat out amazing. The plastic looks great, feels great, and looks durable-- like jolly launcher runs of champion plastic. I'm assuming it's the same as the Lucid Ice that Latitude has, which I have read is between Lucid and Lucid-X in stiffness and stability, so hopefully beats in slower as well.

Flight wise, 7/6/0/1 is very accurate. If I power them hard enough on lower flat releases, I see more of like a 7/6/-.5/1. They fly very far, outdistancing my broken in Teebird3.

Great disc!

I recently ordered a bunch of purple discs to construct a purple themed bag. I got 2 purple of the Italian Blend FDs from Discmania, and gave them an audition today.

These things are flat out amazing. The plastic looks great, feels great, and looks durable-- like jolly launcher runs of champion plastic. I'm assuming it's the same as the Lucid Ice that Latitude has, which I have read is between Lucid and Lucid-X in stiffness and stability, so hopefully beats in slower as well.

Flight wise, 7/6/0/1 is very accurate. If I power them hard enough on lower flat releases, I see more of like a 7/6/-.5/1. They fly very far, outdistancing my broken in Teebird3.

Great disc!

This sounds pretty sweet. I take it that it's more overstable than an Opto River?

yeah FDs, new or old or Dark Rebels or Hawkeyes are all great discs but they start as straight flyers for me and turn in to a nice turn over disc. I also opt for the FD and Eagle combo.

Really impressed by this disc. Just don't see room for FD and Teeb.

Yeah, even more so if you cycle Teebirds.

When I bagged an FD it was simply to cover the spot of a seasoned Teebird.

Still a nice option to have off the shelf in case of a lost Teebird. Or even just as an alternative/different flavor of Teebird.

Yeah, even more so if you cycle Teebirds.

When I bagged an FD it was simply to cover the spot of a seasoned Teebird.

Still a nice option to have off the shelf in case of a lost Teebird. Or even just as an alternative/different flavor of Teebird.

yeah that is a good point. I cycle eagles and previously FDs now TL3s to cover all those bases but the new Hawkeye is solid and I'd like to try the new FD when I can get my hand on one.

The 3-tooled FD2 was a perfect complimant. Hopefully we can see that come out from Innova/Infinite/Millenium some time. Or, Discmania can make a good FD2

The 3-tooled FD2 was a perfect complimant. Hopefully we can see that come out from Innova/Infinite/Millenium some time. Or, Discmania can make a good FD2

I tried putting an FD2v3 back in the bag and again decided they weren't OS enough for my taste. Was able to trade two for a couple Madison Walker Wraiths, so they paid off for me. Another DM original that I didn't realize was so desirable.

Latest posts