• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] FD/Fairway Disc/Dark Rebel/Hawkeye

Hawkeye/Dark Rebel/ old FD are all very much the same disc. The new Italian FD, a TL, TL3, or a beat-in Teebird or Teebird3 will accomplish the same flight shape as well-- that being straight finishing fairway with equal parts turn and fade.

The difference between a beat Teebird3 or TL3 is that it will have less dome than any of the FD clones. Flight should be the same though.

How similar is the Hawkeye to the TL3? This spot seems really crowded.

They have a pretty similar flight path but a slightly different hand feel. That said they do indeed battle for the same slot in my bag. I have a Halo Hawkeye that booted my Champ TL3 but I still have my star TL3 which is a little straighter, slightly less glide and not as hard of a finish as the Halo Hawkeye

Anybody know if Simon is throwing an OG S-FD at DGLO or maybe a new proto S-line? The 'new' Simon probably threw it as much as he threw the DD3.

Hawkeye/Dark Rebel/ old FD are all very much the same disc. The new Italian FD, a TL, TL3, or a beat-in Teebird or Teebird3 will accomplish the same flight shape as well-- that being straight finishing fairway with equal parts turn and fade.

The difference between a beat Teebird3 or TL3 is that it will have less dome than any of the FD clones. Flight should be the same though.

I've picked up a couple Star Hawkeyes lately and to me it is similar but distinctly different than the Dark Rebel. Maybe mine just have low PLH but they have less high speed stability than the DR. And a visual inspection is pretty clear they are not the same mold. Need more field work with them to get a good feel for them.

My Proto-star Hawkeye has a lower PLH than my old C-Line FD and Halo Hawkeye as well. Halo Hawkeye was indistinguishable from the old C-Line FD. I haven't thrown my protostar Hawkeye, but I imagine it is noticeably more understable. Wing shape and amount of dome looks the same between all 3 molds.

Sounds like there are inconsistencies just like when they made the FD for Discmania. Early runs of the FD were far less overstable than later runs. I switched to Rivers for that reason.

Unless the intent is to have the Dark Rebel be more overstable than the regular Hawkeye runs?

Very pleased with flight of first run star dark rebel. Handles power well, flies straight, reliable but gentle fade.

Sounds like there are inconsistencies just like when they made the FD for Discmania.

So much this…
We are discussing these discs like all Hawkeyes or FDs or Dark Rebels are the same.
I've been throwing discs a LONG time, and I have FDs that fly flippy and some that I can throw into a headwind.
The same with Valks and TBs and Sidewinders, etc.
Innova's inconsistency is well established.

The OG Innova FD and the Dark Rebel are the same mold. Period.
Not sure about the Hawkeye.
The Dark Rebel flies like the last run of S-Line and C-Line FDs.
The new Discmania FD flies somewhere in the middle of their old OG Innova runs.

Throw what works for you, just don't assume that the one your buddy picks up off the shelf is gonna fly like yours…

How's the GStar Hawkeye flying for everyone? The stamp is eerily similar to the Screaming for Vengeance album cover which is a plus for me.

I picked up a couple of first run Star Hawkeyes as I wanted something that would turn a little. They are both a bit more understable than my teebirds and are working out great. They seem to like to push a little further with my arm speed. They also hold up pretty well into the wind.

I fondled them in the shop, but I didn't really like the profile. A little too bloated for my taste. I'll stick with the Leopard3s

New champion Hawkeyes are a bit domey for my taste but the flight is money, classic FD glide with a little turn and a little fade. Sweet pearly plastic with decent grip.

Threw champ and g* hawkeyes today. I would say the champ flies very similar to the halo star. I may rate them like this Halo* .5/1, champ 0/1 and g* as -1/.5. G* definitely less fade and more turn. I feel like the halo will hold a gentle hyzer without flipping to flat whereas the champ wants to fly flat. Just my take ymmv.

I have two Star and one Champion Hawkeye. They are less HSS than advertised and punish nose angle mistakes, but they do bomb on a good, clean throw. A Star Leopard has much more stability in my experience.

i loved the first run hawkeye, it was pretty much dead straight. i got a star and it was a bit more touchy, because i lost 2 21 halos.
then i go get a hailey bottom stamp and its shiny and more overstable. kinda disappointed because its exactly what i get out of a neutron entropy. guess ill put the new hawkeye on the shelf for a while

i loved the first run hawkeye, it was pretty much dead straight. i got a star and it was a bit more touchy, because i lost 2 21 halos.
then i go get a hailey bottom stamp and its shiny and more overstable. kinda disappointed because its exactly what i get out of a neutron entropy. guess ill put the new hawkeye on the shelf for a while

Entropy is a putter and Hawkeye is a fairway and the Hawkeye was first released 2022, so there are no 21 halos :confused:

Latest posts