• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] FD/Fairway Disc/Dark Rebel/Hawkeye

Hawkeye numbers are weird. 3 glide on a -1/1 disc? Infinite has 74(right now) in stock.

Is that just an Infinite thing, I didn't see Innova post any flight numbers on it. Anyways Infinite has been pretty terrible on the information side of things many times. Like listing beaded putters as beadless.

wasn't the FD2 a banshee top (more dome) and a FD bottom? so a Hawkeye with more dome fits that bill?

An FD with more dome isn't uncommon. The lusters we're mostly domey and halo in general seems to mold up with more dome.

A dedicated Discmaniac will need to comment on the FD2, I believe the original had a Banshee piece. The last iteration is a nice OS fairway.

I think the Hawkeye is a halo FD based on 5 minutes of fondling. Definitely not an FD2.v3.

I've been on the fence about picking up a Hawkeye. Even when Innova/Discmania were still tight I always fantasized about a halo FD but now that its a reality I seem to have lost my enthusiasm.

Might be hitting one of the local brick and mortars this afternoon and if I actually get one in my hand it could change my mind and find it's way home with me.

Going to be a beefy FD I bet. I got one coming sometime next week.

Suprisingly no. It is just a regular FD. I threw it alongside an old seasoned C-Line, newer s-line, swirly S line and Night Strike II and to list them least to most OS it would be

C-line->S-line->NS2->Halo Hawkeye->Swirly

The swirly runs from a few years ago are definetly quite a bit more overstable than these hawkeyes. Mine is just a nice FD flight, good disc

Suprisingly no. It is just a regular FD. I threw it alongside an old seasoned C-Line, newer s-line, swirly S line and Night Strike II and to list them least to most OS it would be

C-line->S-line->NS2->Halo Hawkeye->Swirly

The swirly runs from a few years ago are definetly quite a bit more overstable than these hawkeyes. Mine is just a nice FD flight, good disc

were they all the same weight? so you are staying the Halo Hawkeye is more OS than the NS2?

were they all the same weight? so you are staying the Halo Hawkeye is more OS than the NS2?

I have been throwing the NS2 for a few years. So, it may be because of the seasoning. But yes, the brand new Hawkeye is more OS than the NS2.

Also, all discs were max weight except the S-line was 172g

And to give an idea, I was throwing the FDs 350ish in the field

Might be hitting one of the local brick and mortars this afternoon and if I actually get one in my hand it could change my mind and find it's way home with me.

Well, looks like a red one followed me home.

52fb12d6b9b36b9ff17095a2ad480dd2.jpg

(Also picked up a plasma Entropy just because it was pretty.)

Well, looks like a red one followed me home.

52fb12d6b9b36b9ff17095a2ad480dd2.jpg

(Also picked up a plasma Entropy just because it was pretty.)

The plastic felt kinda slick to me, I didn't love it. Let us know how it feels and flies.

So you say….. but….

Lol.

I just want the options to have something bright colored. I rarely see pink/orange Halo discs and I usually throw those colors primarily. It doesn't really matter to me, but if I can find the disc after I threw it, that's a plus.

wasn't the FD2 a banshee top (more dome) and a FD bottom? so a Hawkeye with more dome fits that bill?

It is 100% not an FD2. I have all versions and compared it. It is an FD or a near duplicate.

I am now kinda thinking that the reason they approved it under a different entity is because the PDGA wouldn't let them approve the same mold under the same entity, just giving it a different name.

Shoulda looked it up before posting. Fairway driver and Hawkeye are the same entity. So maybe just a minor tweak because Dave likes to tinker, just seems so odd.

Hit up the local PIAS today and they had a stack of the new Eye-talian FD's sitting on the floor lol. Picked one up to fondle…stiff plastic, dome but not as crazy soup bowlesque like some of the dong rebels I've seen. Didn't even flip it over to look at the price, hard pass based on feel.

I always preferred sixth run c lines because it was the closest to a "3" topped FD as you were gonna get. Second runs don't count in that equation obviously. I did look at the wing…saw online somebody comment that the bottom wing piece does have a slight curve at the very bottom and wasn't completely flat or slightly convex like OG runs. I'm assuming that's where the extra stability comes into play.

Also saw another comment saying it resembles a 5th run c FD. Plastic feel alone I'd say that's spot on. OG DM fans aren't paying top dollar for 5th runs if anybody cares…

Hate to say it, but glad DM went out on a limb and decided to control their own fate. All the Innova molded FU OG mold rereleases have been soup bowls and gross, but biznass is biznass. Put out the OG cheaper than the new reverse engineered Eye-talians and let people decide. However these quick approvals and releases on Innova's behalf I think are definitely take away the hype of the "reinvented" molds.

I preferred the L3/TL3 combo to the FD but the CD2/PD control driver spot was my bread and butter for years. Hate to say but on the hunt for a mid I could throw equally comfy FH/BH I found the Hex and instantly clicked…and started exploring more. Relay/Crave combo works just fine and stupid long for their speeds. Insanity/Tesla/Wrath makes me forget the overpriced DM control drivers I lusted for years.

Point is, I'm really doubting their ability to recreate the OG's to their liking in a time frame that people are willing to wait. Add in a hefty price increase and people are over it…I was a while back. Eagle is hurt, Simon was hurt but now a new dad, all the new release artwork looks as bad as Rebel Dong…which was an intentional troll job…for a hype company who had the opportunity to totally smash the business pivot…one might say that they've peaked?

^^That's kind of a mouthful based on a quick fondle. Pretty sure they'll sell all of them pretty quick.

Pretty sure they'll sell all of them pretty quick.

Well, they have been up in Discmania's website all day and they haven't sold out yet.

Obviously, some retailers have high hopes that there will be a crazy demand for them.

37ca99efc4092490e318eaaa5e3fc2df.jpg

Latest posts