• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Feldberg interview from Japan Open 2010

veganray said:
Discwrangler said:
The PDGA needs to step up and force these guys off tour if they can't show some integrity.

Feldberg is on the PDGA's Board of Directors now. As part of the inner circle of 8th Level Operating Thetans, one of the perks is that they will now write rules to help him win, not force him off the tour.

Awesome. That wasn't a conflict of interest. :roll:

keltik said:
Big Weekend said:
Watched the final 9 and interview last night for the 1st time, and would have to say that Nikko's speech after being presented w/ his trophy was classy and awesome.

I've never played with either during a round, but have been around both during warm up, and have to say that even though I've heard all the negative things that Nikko has done over time, I kind of cheer him on just b/c I know how much he wants it, and how much I know it irks the other top tier players.

what is so irksome to the other players about Locastro winning?

It's not them winning.

Again, big fucking cry babies.

I've played alot of golf with Nikko and seen some amazing talent. but one bad shot and it's time to call the waaaaaaaaambulance. :( :( :(

I like Nikko and hope for the best. I think he's got along way to go and may never get to a point of moral clarity. The kid erased a warning on his scorecard in January so he wouldn't get in trouble with the PDGA....you think that would elude to more trouble. WTF these guys think out there is beyond me. I've been at this game for 10 years and have found no trouble playing by the rules. It seems these clowns have it come up every freaking week.

Discwrangler said:
I've been at this game for 10 years and have found no trouble playing by the rules. It seems these clowns have it come up every freaking week.
Agreed with talking the talk. However, walking the walk ain't quite so easy when one throw on the course might mean the difference between steak & spaghetti-Os (or nothing) for the next week. Not a justification for bad behavior, just an observation.

OMG Mary Jane References!!!!!!! Think of the CHILDREN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discwrangler said:
Dig It said:
OMG Mary Jane References!!!!!!! Think of the CHILDREN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have. I think they will be laughing at us for how long prohibition lasted. :D

They already are. Damn Shamans! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc9JzvuvNkA&feature=channel

Deep Ray. You should post that on your myspace along with a picture of your shoes, black and white pictures of flowers that you added color to, and some self shot pictures of yourself making funny faces.

keltik said:

They work so hard every day to be champions, only to get beat by Sideshow Bob who is half their age.

ChUcK said:
keltik said:

They work so hard every day to be champions, only to get beat by Sideshow Bob who is half their age.

Has he ever beat Doss? Sideshow Bob beating out Bobby Hill on the lead card would probably make for some entertaining tv.

what'shisname said:
ChUcK said:
keltik said:

Has he ever beat Doss? Sideshow Bob beating out Bobby Hill on the lead card would probably make for some entertaining tv.

Japan Open!

I noticed that when Nikko was announced for the start of the final 9, two former world champs that are innova sponsored NOT clap for him. I personally think that's classless. These are some of the same people that chide others about sportsmanship. Jeez.

I used to look up to Feldberg until i met him at a local doubles tounament and after his team won he told his partner "Now you can call your wife and tell her Dave Feldberg made you a champion" The look on his partners face was horrible. His partner said "Hey, i made some damn good shots too" and Dave just kind of smirked and ignored him. That definitely lessened my opinion of him. I have also followed his group around a few times and heard some serious whining/excuse making. That being said i have seen him outside of tournament atmosphere and he seemed like a nice guy. who knows maybe the pressure of being one of the best changes you.

MOB47 said:
I used to look up to Feldberg until i met him at a local doubles tounament and after his team won he told his partner "Now you can call your wife and tell her Dave Feldberg made you a champion" The look on his partners face was horrible. His partner said "Hey, i made some damn good shots too" and Dave just kind of smirked and ignored him. That definitely lessened my opinion of him. I have also followed his group around a few times and heard some serious whining/excuse making. That being said i have seen him outside of tournament atmosphere and he seemed like a nice guy. who knows maybe the pressure of being one of the best changes you.

Many stories like this circulate around Oregon. I too have experienced unbelievable kindness from Dave in person- I'm not his competition though. Maybe it does change you? I do know that he is definitely destined to teach. I went to a local practice spot we have with 3 baskets in a small park recently and he was there teaching his class how to effectively run it in from 80-120. The way he explained himself and handled his students was impressive.

How about we spend some time talking about discs and not the people that throw them. speculation threads are totally entertaining, but help create unnecessary monsters. I doubt Felberg and Nikko left the Japan Open dwelling on the fact that they didn't shake hands, that would be a mental disaster. A lot of the top athletes in the world feed off that "competitive hate". When you convince yourself mentally you don't like someone, it can help you reach that next level that is needed to win. Some people just lack the ability to turn it off when they are in front of the media.

so anyways, lets stop speculating about the level of douchness and start responding to some of the disc/technique threads that are out there.

Latest posts