• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Finnish putting game

Pure Putt 11 keeps stats at various distances and has 4 game options for multi players. It can be used for competitions or practice. Android only.

Yeah, fiddling with the phone while putting just ain't right. Would a love voice recognition feature but that is high tech!

Last edited:
Pure Putt 11 keeps stats at various distances and has 4 game options for multi players. It can be used for competitions or practice. Android only.

Yeah, fiddling with the phone while putting just ain't right. Would a love voice recognition feature but that is high tech!
homecourt.ai - Check this out. Now THAT is high tech.

Can we please get someone working on a homecourt.ai variant for putting? lol

Pretty dang cool! Makes one want to hit the court rather than the course! I agree. It seems the same concept could be applied to the putting circle!

Corona bump. Some other good ideas in this thread for quarantine disc golf practice.

I do the Finnish game (JYLY) a lot regardless, I just now have more time at home to do it.

Corona bump. Some other good ideas in this thread for quarantine disc golf practice.

I do the Finnish game (JYLY) a lot regardless, I just now have more time at home to do it.

You can try www.discgolf-coach.com

There is a variant of JYLY game + survival mode made for pressure putts. Keeps your stats and has a leaderboards.

With all of the Pro "Challenge" videos coming out lately, has any of them ever played JYLY for score?

I remember Seppo doing a video where he talks about playing it, but I've never seen scores from other pros.

For a challenge, I'd like to see how many perfect rounds of JYLY Paul can complete before missing. :)

You can try www.discgolf-coach.com

There is a variant of JYLY game + survival mode made for pressure putts. Keeps your stats and has a leaderboards.

I like the sound of that. Will definitely try it out. The one downside of Jyly is that I often miss putt 1, then adjust and make 3-4 of the rest. But we know in real life only the first putt matters.

In the NBA 3-point contest, the 5th ball is worth double. I had considered something like that for the 1st putt, but that is a lot of extra to keep up with. Could also make putt 1 a negative score for a miss.

I like the sound of that. Will definitely try it out. The one downside of Jyly is that I often miss putt 1, then adjust and make 3-4 of the rest. But we know in real life only the first putt matters.

In the NBA 3-point contest, the 5th ball is worth double. I had considered something like that for the 1st putt, but that is a lot of extra to keep up with. Could also make putt 1 a negative score for a miss.

As I see it, the JYLY game is good to gain confidence and muscle memory, I see no problem with missing the first putt and letting the body accomodate to the rest, thats's why we do so many practice putts, to feel confident and let the body do what we are userd to. Also, for every putt, you can step back, reset the stance and putt again. That should be the most efficient.

Then for pressure putts (similar to tournament putts), there is the Survival game. If you have any other ideas for pressure putt games, let me know, I can add them to the Disc Golf Coach app.

I'd been using the old JYLY app because my computer is crap and I don't have Excel for Chromebook. The problem with the app was 1.) It doesn't exist on the App Store anymore, and 2.) It not only didn't save your stats, but it didn't even give you your final results except for a score.

Thought people might appreciate this discovery though: Find "Putt Maister" (sic) on the App Store. In the app if you go to "more" on the bottom right and select "practices" you can set it up to do JYLY and save your progress. There are other modes on there as well that can also be tracked. I used it for the first time last night so it might have bugs, but it's worth looking into if you use the JYLY game.

The upside to being bored during quarantine is that dgputt.com now has some basic stats. I just filled out the middle tab to show some averages over all games (for each game) + a graph of scores over time. Hope someone finds this useful.

Made a portable JYLY marker set. Just unwind, clip to the pole, and putt away. So far happy with the results. Might have to incorporate a stake to make sure it doesn't get shifted by a random kick.

Attachments

• C8D85906-CFE1-4980-9624-2E3AFE6C7D55.jpg
    C8D85906-CFE1-4980-9624-2E3AFE6C7D55.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 52
Made a portable JYLY marker set. Just unwind, clip to the pole, and putt away. So far happy with the results. Might have to incorporate a stake to make sure it doesn't get shifted by a random kick.

A stake might be good, but might also lead to tripping.

My baskets have flags at 1m increments between them. Works fine.

Ooh money bags has flags!!! :D

... good idea but I like the unwinding string trick better..
My goal was pointing out an extremely inexpensive solution that doesn't require constructing anything... I think they ran me $3.00 for 100 flags.

100 Flags!! How far back do YOU PuTT FROM!!!!?????
Lolll..... The glue sucks. In the winter months you need to replace them pretty frequently because you kick the flags off. But they're worth it because they stick out above snowfall less than a foot or so. A set of 11 can last me all summer, but I'm replacing a few flags every few weeks once it is below freezing every day.

(I have two baskets at 20m apart, I set flags at 5-15m, with the middle flag at 10m dead between them)

Also if ppl need flags for CTPs at leagues I usually keep a handful in my car.

My goal was pointing out an extremely inexpensive solution that doesn't require constructing anything... I think they ran me $3.00 for 100 flags.

But constructing things is half the fun! I debated for a few hours how to do this, and I landed on the most complicated version because I just haven't had anything to build recently.

But constructing things is half the fun! I debated for a few hours how to do this, and I landed on the most complicated version because I just haven't had anything to build recently.
Truth. In the spirit of making neat things for yourself, your solution is definitely a really cool one. :)

Just installed the game on my phone. Can't wait to get out and try this putting game. I will be doing a ton of indoor putting this winter in my basement but until then I will get outside and throw. I also will be using parachute cord to mark distances. Thank you all, I am really excited to up my game.

Latest posts