• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First ace?

I had been playing for about 2 months seriously, shot my first ace on hole #9 at Zilker Park in Austin, None since then, hit basket a couple times since, and hit chains last Friday but none have stuck

[/QUOTE]When I got my aces, I thought they were just gonna be really close to the pin. Instead, they went in.....[/QUOTE]

Don't worry Biker you'll get one just be patient.

Chainless Ace?

I've been playing for a little over a year now. I was confident that my main disc golf friend and I would get our first aces this year and that it was just a matter of who was first. Well... it was me. :D

6/2/09: Hole #1 at Sunrise Park, Bartlett, IL. 230ft slight downhill and wide open with my tie-dye Z Buzzz. Have you ever had an ace that was all basket no chain? This ace was soundless. I thought at first it was an optical illusion and the disc hit the grass behind the basket (it has happened before :p ). It took a few moments to sink it without that auditory confirmation but very cool nonetheless. I bounced my Champ Leopard off the top ring of the same hole on some practice drives before our first round of golf that day too. :cool:

Took me 4 years since i've started. Finally happened about a month and a half ago. Hole 18 at Roper park in Lincoln, Nebraska. Sidearmed my DX Tee-Rex.

My first ace happened in 2007, about 9 years after I first learned how to play, but only about 4 years since I'd been really passionate about it and actually started striving to improve my game.

I was playing the short tees with my wife at Silver Creek Park, and on Hole #10 I pulled out my pink Champion Orc and skipped an ace right in. I think my wife was more excited than I was; she screamed and high-fived me and yelled "Oh my god, babe!" while I just stood there wondering why I didn't feel more elated. I guess part of it was that I just FELT that it was an ace the second it left my hand--there was a brief flash of my brain telling me, "That's gonna hit right there, catch a nice skip, and slam into the chains" without me consciously thinking about it. It was about a year before I aced another hole, which I guess I can't really count since it wasn't during a round, but it was still a shot off the tee and into the basket, and it was on my home course LTC on one of the tougher short holes (#13), and then a week after that I stepped up to the same tee at Silver Creek, again with my wife, looked at her and said, "I'm gonna ace this again," to which she told me, "Shut up." This time I used the Champion Wraith I aced #13 LTC with the week prior, and executed the exact same shot. I gave my wife a little smartass smirk, and she slapped me.

About a week ago, I got my 4th on #10 at Vollrath, a hole I always had a feeling I'd ace someday. On that one, I didn't even think I was on the right line and cursed what I thought was a terrible shot, my buddy said, "Nice shot," and then I saw it stall out and crash hard left straight into the chains.

It's weird how it took me so long to get that first one, and now I've got 4 in the last 20 months.

When I got my aces, I thought they were just gonna be really close to the pin. Instead, they went in.....[/QUOTE]

Don't worry Biker you'll get one just be patient.[/QUOTE]

Almost got one today. I was shooting at #5 at TC Jester Park in Houston. The shot tee is only 230ft, and I threw a LS Polaris, and missed the basket by inches. I saw it going right towards the basket, and my heart skipped a beat. Almost, but it got away.

It took 1 year and 1 month. Basket 18 at Dorey park in Richmond Virginia. YOu never forget your first one.

It took 1 year and 1 month. Basket 18 at Dorey park in Richmond Virginia. YOu never forget your first one.

I have been playing for two years. I have noticed that in the past few months, I have been getting closer and closer to getting my first ace.

Hole 2 at Blendon Woods with an Elite Z Buzzz, a few weeks ago.
I have been playing off and on casually for about 6 years ... just started getting serious about it this year. No other aces so far.

I am still waiting for mine... Saw my first "REAL" ace this morning... Hole #11 at C.P.Adams--playing with a couple guys that I play with on many occasions... Ox throws his Champ.Sidewinder--little left right and back left again--CHING... The hole is about 190, and I think he only throws it about 200-225... Never the less it went in, and stayed in... Well done OX!!!

Just got my first one yesterday, at Tim Osmond Sports Complex on hole 12. It was a nice little blind hyzer shot, about 235'. There was nasty rough if you went long, so I threw my least favorite putter at it, and it stuck. It's no longer my least favorite putter... :D

A dx aviar driver (I still don't use it for putts, but I'm going to use it more on approaches and shorter drives)

Had been playing about 2 and a half years when I got my first ace. It was hole 8 at Blendon Woods Metro Park in Columbus, Oh. Its a short, (165ft, i believe) straight shot. Not by any means a difficult shot, but it was still nice to get an ace. Haven't had one since. I have hit the basket a few times, but nothing in the chains.

My first Ace happened this afternoon.
Hole 12 Lake Stevens, WA. About 260 feet ~ I threw a 165 DX Valkyrie RHBH ~ the flight was perfect as the disc faded slighty at the end and slammed into the basket.
I've been playing for a year.

My only ace came on my first time to Jokerst Park. On the first tee I threw a blind hyzer over a hill and around a tree line. A gust of wind caught the disc and I figured that I was going to be way long. If the basket hadn't been in the way I surely would have been.

As I've often said, I'd rather be lucky than good.

My first, and only ace, a Star Wraith, came last year at Yellow Creek Park, #9; wide open 300'.

I've friends who swear they witnessed another at Lincoln Ridge Memorial but I've no recollection.

Over the years I've hit innurmerable baskets and chains without sticking the ace, which made the ace at long last, rather anticlimactic.

:confused:

I got my first ace the other day a hole 8 at Johnny Roberts 366ft with an Avenger I had played 4 days before that one and hit the basket on the same hole I was happy it went in this time

Latest posts