• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First ace?

Well it sort of counts, but it was a temp hole with a temp basket setup for a CTP at the end of a tourney, this past Saturday, but I did make the shot and I would guess it was about 140'. Not really sure how far it was though.

There were about 90 witnesses (including at least 3 members of dgcoursereview) and I was the only one to throw it in. The beauty of it I was the second person to throw, I launched my 179 DX Rhyno with a little anhyzer (not much at all, just enough to keep that putter floating) and it started out at the basket went a little bit right and then dove hard left at the end of the flight right into the basket.

You vote . . . Does it count?

Maybe I should set up a poll.

only 1, white birch park in hazelwood mo.

hole 13, a 200-ish hyzer, protected by a bunch of trees, but i managed to sneak it in. that was a few years ago, and i almost did the same thing on the same hole a few weeks back; bounced off the top of the basket :(

mine came year and a half after starting play. Lake Lowndes state park hole 17 340 ft. thru a brand new lime green star wraith that I bought before the round and nailed it. Had 1 since in last years Southern National AM championship palmetto course at blue angel park in pensacola, fl, a skip ace with my 1st run Xcaliber on a 260 ft hole

Took me about a year and the only other ace I have is on the same hole. Real short downslope with hardly any obstacles, it was a straight dead shot with a putter. I'm hoping to get some more, but its more difficult on the longer holed courses I play now.

I've been playing since around last july,and I've got one at hole 9,mesker park. It's a left,hooking,shot. Guess its around 230?...buzz,skip ace.

I've never actually hit an ace (hit the basket twice though) but what do you guys do when you get one?

On the course I first played on people sign the top rim of the basket with a sharpie when they get one but the other day I was at a different course waiting on the guy in front of me to play and he aced the hole, proceeded to sign the basket, but then got chewed out by another guy about to tee off on a nearby hole. Does anyone else here sign the basket when they ace?

That's done an my home course in Grants Pass. I think it's pretty cool because you get to see how many people have aced it. It's kind of like a trophie.

I don't mind the way it looks at all, but a good compromise would be to sign with a pencil so at least some may see it before its worn off.

i think that is called vandalism and it is a stupid practice...but just my opinion

Thanks for reminding me. I recall an old trick from elementary school. If you cover permanent marker with a dry erase marker and then remove it, the permanent marker should come off with it. I'm just about to go play some, I'll post if it worked.

In my opinion there should be a place to register aces, rather than putting it all over the signs posts etc, just register your aces. In fact I am gonna work with a web developer to figure it out. You could sort by distance, course, date, whatever, I think it would get used by the regular players, but I think the recreational players will still write on signs baskets poles etc. Maybe each tee sign should have a board to post rather than all over the signs and baskets etc.

If the courses we play have a contact they could be in charge of posting all of the aces each year to a list.

In my opinion there should be a place to register aces, rather than putting it all over the signs posts etc, just register your aces. In fact I am gonna work with a web developer to figure it out. You could sort by distance, course, date, whatever, I think it would get used by the regular players, but I think the recreational players will still write on signs baskets poles etc. Maybe each tee sign should have a board to post rather than all over the signs and baskets etc.

If the courses we play have a contact they could be in charge of posting all of the aces each year to a list.

Now that's a good idea. Should be standard on courses

Ive got a lot of them IN MY OPINION, I just dont know how to implement them.

I was thinking something similar would be cool to have on this website. It could be some sort of spread sheet where you could sort it by distance, date, people's number of aces....

I've never actually hit an ace (hit the basket twice though) but what do you guys do when you get one?

On the course I first played on people sign the top rim of the basket with a sharpie when they get one but the other day I was at a different course waiting on the guy in front of me to play and he aced the hole, proceeded to sign the basket, but then got chewed out by another guy about to tee off on a nearby hole. Does anyone else here sign the basket when they ace?

We all sign the disc that was witnessed aced (every1 that we are playin' with) for the guy that holed it.
What I usually want on my aced disc is:1) Signatures of all the witnesses 2) Date and Time 3) Course, Hole, and Distance.
As far as signing the basket, never heard of that. It seems to me that it is akin to vandalism. Signing the basket wouldn't be permanent also. Wouldn't it get crowded with names too (if they stayed on)?

The trouble with Ace discs, do you throw 'em again or not?
I retired my 1st Aced DXBeast right away, then lost its replacement. Brought it back out for a few rounds, then replaced it with 2 more CandyBeasts (gave 1 to my brother and 1 for me). Now I am down to stealing my brothers disc I got him. I am ready to just use the Ace cuz I will NEVER leave without that disc. Or I will grow old lookin'