• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Flip a force?

Miamisms

Eagle Member
So my friend has a Force. He throws it a ton, but its not that old probably like 2/3 months old. he is now getting frustrated because he seems to over power it. ESP plastic doesnt break down that easy does it? He isnt added more OAT.

He's a pretty strong guy so his throws are massive. but should he really move to an Xcaliber or something ridiculous overstable just to not get it to go right?

anyone else have this problem?

Just want to see what other people think/how their ESP held up, etc.

Thanks

In my experience esp is a slightly less durable version of star. The Discraft I was throwing in esp seemed to break in fairly quick.

How far is he throwing. Strong can equal strong arming (you don't need mucle arms in DG), which can lead to oat. How do you know it isn't OAT?

Sounds like form problems, I'd actually recommend him working with slower, less stable discs for a while to clean things up. Stepping up in stability will only cover up and reinforce those form flaws.

I have an esp force. Super flat super durable. On its second year now and still flies like it did last year. The force has come to be my most predictable disc. Release with a small hizer...it'll flip up and go straight a long ways...then always come back hard at the end. Possibly the force is domey? Or maybe a gouge that affects the flight?

I had a first run esp force that was flippy after about 6 months of use. Flew more like a beat wraith. Wish I still had it, lost on a downhill bomb at Mont du Lac late day. Don't live in the area, so never had a chance to look again. All discs have a few "freaks", but as others have said, if it's wobbling, probably OAT.

If its flipping out of a hyzer release then its likely the disc.
If its a flat or anny release its likely him.

The fact that you say he throws it a ton and is strong leads me to belive its all him.
How fast esp breaks in is quite relitive....faster then z, slower then d. 2-3 months should be the stage where its showing its "true" flight with the flashing and sheen worn down.

If its flipping out of a hyzer release then its likely the disc.
If its a flat or anny release its likely him.

The fact that you say he throws it a ton and is strong leads me to belive its all him.
How fast esp breaks in is quite relitive....faster then z, slower then d. 2-3 months should be the stage where its showing its "true" flight with the flashing and sheen worn down.

thats what I was thinking. He throws it flat. we have sat down and worked through his technique to see if it was OAT but it isnt.

He legit threw it for every drive he could.

I have a few ESP Forces and some Z ones...I have some ESP ones that are so beaten in after only two years that I can throw big turnover drives with them. I've got some that fly "true" and will flip up and ride and then come back hard at the end. Discraft seems to have consistency with their colors in that some colors are more stable than others. I've seen some Orange ones out of the box that are a lot less stable than my purple ones. But in all honesty, after only two or three months and it's been flying overstable before, I really would attribute that to form unless there is a big gouge or some serious wear to the disc...

How far is he throwing? Strong can equal strong arming (you don't need mucle arms in DG), which can lead to oat. How do you know it isn't OAT?

this is the only pertinent question. if he's not throwing it 400+ then it is OAT.

Pick up another force and see if it still flips. If this is the case you need to call Quaker cuase you've got oat.

Try a new one, try another used one, try a Z Force, try a domey one, try a flat one, try all the colors...or lose the OAT.