• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Footwear

I'm new to Disc Golf and have not played in cold weather yet.

In the summer, if I go in the early morning, my feet & socks end up wet. That's not a problem because its warm outside.

But with cooler weather coming up, I need some winter shoes and waterproof would help. I have issues with my feet & hands getting cold in winter. I'm sure half gloves will help but I need footwear that will keep my feet warm and dry.

I found a pair of midtop hunting or trail shoes from Walmart for $25. I prefer a low top but anything waterproof with good reviews runs $70.

Can I just get a pair of lowtop trail shoes and coat them with waterproof spray ? I know I'm going to need some heavy duty socks. But keeping the wetness out is huge because good socks wont help if they get wet.

Thanks.

This is what I bough but have not worn yet...
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-Mens-Mid-Profile-Hunting-Boot/36070332

And I think I would like these more if I can waterproof them.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-Men-s-Low-Profile-Hiking-Boot/40646920

I have never tried to waterproof shoes. Does it even work ?

Up to now, I have just been using cheap tennis shoes and crocs off roads. Tennis shoes stink terribly from getting wet. I just spray Lysol in them about once a week.

I suspect in winter I will be playing more in the afternoons versus the mornings like I have been in summer. Just because its warmer and I'm retired so I can.

Can I just get a pair of lowtop trail shoes and coat them with waterproof spray ?

I have never tried to waterproof shoes. Does it even work ?

I tried NeverWet and it was a disaster. May have worked for three rounds and ruined the look of the shoes.

... and aren't uncomfortable in the process, and will dry while wearing (along with wicking moisture away from your skin)

They're awesome.
I've switched to light wool socks in the summer and they breathe so much better than cotton.

These polyester abominations need to go away.

Never mind that, where can I buy some of these here light weight wool socks?

Smartwool
Darn Tough
Farm to Feet

I've been wearing Wigwams that I found on clearance at Gander Mountain.
Could try Cabelas or REI, or order direct from the list of companies above.

You want merino wool, ideally.

Smartwool
Darn Tough
Farm to Feet

I've been wearing Wigwams that I found on clearance at Gander Mountain.
Could try Cabelas or REI, or order direct from the list of companies above.

You want merino wool, ideally.

All right, thanks for the info. I'll get some of that Dan Marino wool (didn't know he was that hairy). :\

Latest posts