• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Footwear

Very narrow, so I went up a half size and they were sliding around.

They are also pretty stiff but that might be okay with use.
Interesting thats usually my worry with shoes but mine fit nicely. I wonder if they plan to make wides

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

I wonder if they plan to make wides

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

I would bet not. Adidas are to me(someone who needs a wide shoe) the worst major manufacturer for their shoes being narrow. Even the wides in ball golf shoes I have tried on are only as wide as mediums in many other brands. I got a 50% of coupon for Adidas outdoor, and can't use it on shoes b/c none will fit. Oh well, the Terrex may be good otherwise, so don't let my problems keeping you from trying them.

best pair of non-wp shoes I've used for golf is the saucony xodus 2.0s. Trail running shoes with vibram soles. Good lateral stability, long lasting, very comfortable.

Got a $50 Amazon gift card from my employer for a birthday (love small companies) and decided on some WP DG shoes. Went with Merrell All Out Terra Ice WPs.

71OBYmIrVDL._UX695_.jpg

81CL0E13r8L._UX695_.jpg

Ended up paying $7 after $50 gift card. The size 11.5 fits very true to size, very light, the grip is INCREDIBLE, after 2 months of heavy use in everything from morning dew - to standing water - to downpours, they are very well waterproofed. I walked through water over the tongue - just short of the ankle - and never had a drop leak through. Very good stuff. The only pair I've had that were this well waterproofed were heavy hiking boots and I didn't want that weight, nor the high low-calf/ankle boots.

Very happy with these Merrells over any Keens, Timberlands, UnderArmors, or Columbias I've owned. Keens seem to be the only shoes I've tried that are even close.

Got a $50 Amazon gift card from my employer for a birthday (love small companies) and decided on some WP DG shoes. Went with Merrell All Out Terra Ice WPs.

Ended up paying $7 after $50 gift card. The size 11.5 fits very true to size, very light, the grip is INCREDIBLE, after 2 months of heavy use in everything from morning dew - to standing water - to downpours, they are very well waterproofed. I walked through water over the tongue - just short of the ankle - and never had a drop leak through. Very good stuff. The only pair I've had that were this well waterproofed were heavy hiking boots and I didn't want that weight, nor the high low-calf/ankle boots.

Very happy with these Merrells over any Keens, Timberlands, UnderArmors, or Columbias I've owned. Keens seem to be the only shoes I've tried that are even close.

Those look amazing. But one thing I never understood on Amazon is why the prices of shoes vary so incredibly much from size to size. the 11.5's are $53 and the 12's are $123 in Black Lava. Wtf? I really need some DG shoes though, my home course gets swamped after any amount of rainfall. Might have to try these out!

[...]
Ended up paying $7 after $50 gift card. The size 11.5 fits very true to size, very light, the grip is INCREDIBLE, after 2 months of heavy use in everything from morning dew - to standing water - to downpours, they are very well waterproofed.

How do they perform on concrete tee pads with the carbide spikes? Can they be removed?

How do they perform on concrete tee pads with the carbide spikes? Can they be removed?

Unfortunately, no, the spikes cannot be removed. They are molded into the rubber tread. And, they are noisy as all get out on concrete! However, the grip is fine on concrete and amazing on grass, mud, or sand! I've never been able to dig a toe into sand as confidently as with these Merrells. I have some Callaway spikeless golf cleats that I love as well, but I have never felt as solid in any footing as with the All Out Terras. I do get a little embarrassed with all the noise these shoes make on concrete tee pads, walking paths, parking lots, ect, so I may end up trying to find something else, but that's just my own self-consciousness. Still, great grip on all terrain, including tees. However, on turf pads, people get jealous. :D

I am murder on shoes. They have a hard time lasting with me, so I began looking for something a bit "off the beaten" path. Picked up a pair of Skechers Afterburns.

Played a round in them and they seem to be a pretty good shoe, but time will tell. The memory foam seems to work for now.

Attachments

• 1504017_Brown.jpg
    1504017_Brown.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 23
Those look amazing. But one thing I never understood on Amazon is why the prices of shoes vary so incredibly much from size to size. the 11.5's are $53 and the 12's are $123 in Black Lava. Wtf? I really need some DG shoes though, my home course gets swamped after any amount of rainfall. Might have to try these out!

Usually because they are listed through Amazon Marketplace - meaning different vendors are just listing through Amazon. Like eBay with set prices.

When searching for shoes on Amazon, I always look at 3-5 different styles, read as many reviews as I can, then check prices on every color in my size. It's not just the size that changes prices. Some of those Merrells will be a $70 or more price difference in the same size between two colors. :eek:

So I had something like this but not waterproof for like 5 years and between working, hiking and discgolfing I can't believe they lasted this long. They just fell apart like a month ago but man they are just sick boots. They are like sneakers but with the attributes you would find in a boot as well. Between sneakers and boots a hybrid like this is pretty awesome, I'm not sure how people use just pure sneakers but maybe I just have more hills to deal with and I play in the rain as long as it's not to bad. Rain days are awesome in the summer heat! :D

Sneakers just feel all wrong although I'd love to get away with them, it's just not gonna happen in my area and the way I play. Now I have some boots that are kinda like this but with duck water proofing, they're alright but seem a lil to heavy compared to the boots above.

I just found out there is a new Merrell outlet about 15 minutes from my house, so I stopped by to see if I could find some waterproof shoes with good grip, Vibram soles, lightweight, and didn't have the metal cleats that my All Out Terra Ice have. The Terra Ice are great waterproof shoes for sand, natural, or turf tees, but noisy and a little annoying on concrete tees. SO, before my Memorial Day tourney, I picked up a clearance pair of Merrell Bare Access GTX wides. They are actually a size smaller than I usually wear, so I didn't even try them on at first, but in the wide size (basically only wide in the toe box) they fit better than any shoe I have EVER owned! Effin' phenomenal!

However, the thing that REALLY got me;
71Zxs2yH00L._UX695_.jpg

These are definitely my ideal disc golf shoe! I'll see how they hold up and may end up grabbing another pair. Plus, they were on clearance for 1/2 off the sale price at the outlet! Walked out with a STEAL of $52.98.

Has anyone tried the adidas bosst gtx's. I just ordered a pair. And wondering if i shouldnt send them back for swift r's??? Thanks. Pretty new to disc golf

I bought my first pair of dedicated disc golf shoes in early 2014. Bought waterproof Merrel Moabs. Still holding up great!

Has anyone tried the adidas bosst gtx's. I just ordered a pair. And wondering if i shouldnt send them back for swift r's??? Thanks. Pretty new to disc golf

With the Woot deal I would suggest picking up the Adidas AX2 GTX. I wore them for two rounds yesterday. I stayed dry and they were super comfortable.

Just got a pair of the non gtx ax 2.

And adidas got me again. So narrow. So far, these are the most uncomfortable shoes I've ever owned.

That is why I will never buy adidas. Never found a pair that wasn't narrow.

I even went a size up and they felt okay just walking around the store but awful on the course.

I'm dumb but adidas can blow me.

Last edited: