• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

FORE! A thread for stories of Accidental Hits and Near Misses

TRONOFTHEDEAD

Couldn't believe there wasn't a thread for this. So I had to make one! All right so I've been at this game for a while now and have a few stories that I always seem to tell people I've just met when I'm on the course. I figured this would be a great place for everyone to share their stories...

jumped into a round with some new people and as soon as they drove they would walk to there discs. I tryed telling them thats not how it works but it did not stop them. Ended up catching on in the leg. no power on the disc though so it wasent so bad

I was playing the Truckee ace race this year and I won one of the CTP's. For this CTP there was a playoff and you got to use one of your regular discs to shoot at the playoff hole. I used my CE gator (max weight) and throw it toward the basket. There happens to be around 30-40 people watching around the basket. Some chick was standing there and I nailed her right in the side. It was pretty amusing and I happened to laugh. Her boyfriend did not appreciate my laughter and his GF's bitching and crying. He can up to me and wanted to fight, I told him we are at a DG event and there is no way I'm fighting him. I walked away and had several good laughs since. I believe a couple of DGCR folks saw that one.

So for my first. I was playing a long double round out at Rocklin, CA and when we got done the guys and I decided to just throw for the fences out into the field they have there. There was a couple way far off in the distance so we figured we were ok and people playing out in the field usually know that they are next to a DG Course. We start to throw and I pull out my old star teerex my fav disk at the time and I crush the throw. Feels good coming off the snap so I immediately yell fore to warn the couple who are playing catch with a football. A second goes by... fore! (another second) fore!!! It's coming in hot... FORE!!!! Just as I get a good feeling that its way short and it's going to miss them completely, NOPE, she crumbles like a sack of potatoes from a disc to the forehead and is on the ground. So we (my friends and I) walk out to this couple (because I've obviously got to get my star teerex with a perfect nick to make it understable enough back) and the guy gets right up in my face immediately; my first instinct is to pop this guy in the mouth grab my disc from him and run but my second instinct was to be a good ambassador for the sport. I thankfully went with my second instinct. We waited for the girl to come to as I explained to this guy that when you hear fore next to any golf course that you need to be very careful. Luckily I had my buddies to back me up and the girl ended up being fine but both were a little angry. In the end I got my disc back and three people learned a valuable lesson. Two learned about Golf safety and one learned that in order to get a great throw youve got to snap your hips. Lessons learned.

I was playing the Truckee ace race this year and I won one of the CTP's. For this CTP there was a playoff and you got to use one of your regular discs to shoot at the playoff hole. I used my CE gator (max weight) and throw it toward the basket. There happens to be around 30-40 people watching around the basket. Some chick was standing there and I nailed her right in the side. It was pretty amusing and I happened to laugh. Her boyfriend did not appreciate my laughter and his GF's bitching and crying. He can up to me and wanted to fight, I told him we are at a DG event and there is no way I'm fighting him. I walked away and had several good laughs since. I believe a couple of DGCR folks saw that one.

Oh man that is great. Obviously being at a disc golf event you might want to watch out for discs flying around.

I gonna have to call B.S. because I have never seen a Gator in CE plastic...

^^^I laughed out loud on that one.....was hilarious....am I the only one that thinks if you are playing this sport for 8 or more years you would have a basic knowledge of what discs come in what plastic? Maybe it's just me?

during the holidays last year I was playing Zebulon and went to throw a roller on #14 while some guy was jogging out on the course. it apexed about a foot directly over his head.

...field practice on a football field.

...I throw and as I'm admiring my throw I aparently like to step to the side.

...all of a sudden I involuntarily drop to the ground like a bag of flour.

...It takes a second to realize my daughter has just hit me in the back of the neck with a full power drive from 3 feet away.

...she could throw about 250' at the time.

...I was fine after five minutes but had a whelp for a couple of days.

I was standing by the tee for hole 3 at Kentwood in raleigh, and some kid crushes his disc towards the pin for an ace on hole 2... which just so happens to be about 15 feet away from the hole 3 teepad. Well he didn't yell fore until it was about 10 feet from my spine at high speed. So I spun around when he yelled to see where it was coming from... WHAM! The disc hit me in the spine and I slipped on some acorns trying to get away and fell on my ass. The most embarrassing disc golf moment ever! Lucky for him his disc landed right beside the pin so he could get a birdie... instead of 100' past the basket into the woods haha. I guess it goes without saying that the rest of my game was a little off lol.

I'm going to have to call you a moron because all first run gators are CE.

My mistake, I assumed that Innova didn't make Gators in CE plastic because the stamp is different than other CE plastic and they only sell for stock price brand new. Since I don't know anyone that throw's or owns any Gator's I was unaware of the CE run. Most everyone in MN throws a Zone or Drone.

It has been crazy around here as of late. I was playing Lakewood two weeks ago and my brother and our two friends where walking up the fairway on hole three. I hear FORE look to my right and see a disc flying fast about 5' from me. I did some matrix $h!t and got out of the way but it got my brother right on the wrist (at least it was his left wrist), the thing swelled up really bad and by the end of the round was turning black and blue.

I hate when people don't call FORE right away. If you think there is a chance you might hit someone call FORE please. I have called FORE a few times when I didn't even think there was anyone around and I threw a bad shot. Be safe not sorry.

Last evening I was out at Firefighters Park in Troy, MI. A friend and I were playing a round after work. There were a couple groups of local pros out on the course playing a scramble at the time as well. My buddy and I were mid fairway on hole #9 and one of the pro groups was teeing off on #10. I walked up to my drive and as I bend down to pick it up i hear "FORE!" I looked up to see a pink disc, screaming fast, right toward my face, and I swear my life flashed before my eyes. Just as I was expecting to get taken out, it hit a twiggy little tree that was about 4 feet in front of me, and it was deflected off at a 90 degree angle. Phew! It was a pretty close call. We ended up catching up to their group at the #15 tee and we got to witness an ace! That was the highlight of the night for sure. I hope to throw as good as those guys someday!

I hate when people don't call FORE right away. If you think there is a chance you might hit someone call FORE please. I have called FORE a few times when I didn't even think there was anyone around and I threw a bad shot. Be safe not sorry.

Amen to that.

Par Kay was out learning how to play, doing some stand-and-deliver drives out at Huntington one day. I'm standing directly in back of her (about 20 feet to the right of the tee) as she lines up her tee shot.

She griplocks it and sends it exactly in my direction, How it missed me, I don't know - but she did it 3-4 more times before she got her drive under some sort of control.

Eventually, of course, she got her comeuppance - got nailed in the leg by dumaitom from about 400 feet away, also @ Huntington :)

My buddy and I were playing a round once at rocklin where he almost killed me. He's a lefty and I was sitting on the bench which is a couple feet ahead and to the left of the tee. He grip locked his disc so hard it came off the tee nearly 90 degrees and flew inches from my face. All I heard was that scary ass helicopter sound you get when a disc goes by you at high speed. It was perfect though because he was so shaken up about it he played terrible and I took all the skins from there on.

A while ago I was throwing in my yard and my dad was weed eating around the shed and dog pen around 300ft away. So I'm throwing and then one of my TLs starts out on a low line drive hauling ass and is starting to fade right towards him. I yell out for him to look up but he's weed eating so he can't hear me. So now in my mind I'm thinking well that's going to nail him and I start gritting my teeth preparing for impact. At the last second my dad looks up and with cat like reflexes puts his hand up to swat away the disc. We had a good laugh about it and all he could say was that he felt something telling him took look up and he's glad he did.

So the moral of the story is my dad has spidey sense.

...field practice on a football field.

...I throw and as I'm admiring my throw I aparently like to step to the side.

...all of a sudden I involuntarily drop to the ground like a bag of flour.

...It takes a second to realize my daughter has just hit me in the back of the neck with a full power drive from 3 feet away.

...she could throw about 250' at the time.

...I was fine after five minutes but had a whelp for a couple of days.

Geez man. Glad you were ok.

Latest posts