• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Four baskets stolen from Lola Valley (Redford, Michigan)

seems like if they were selling it for scrap you could let the scrap dealers know about it. I mean pawn shops are often notified about stolen goods to be on the lookout for why not scrap dealers. although I have no idea how scrap trade works or how many dealers there are in any given area.

Baskets are replaced.
The city/county HAD 9 more to expand the nine hole course.
Happy and sad.

Dang!! ive seen this a lot this year, several parks have had missing baskets in michigan, more this year than ever that I can think of. I guess as the sport grows and becomes more popular more people are going to be trying to get a "free" 400$ basket by any means. Thats too bad guys, bad karma for the thief or thiefs!!!

Noway these people are selling it for scrap i mean what would they get for them???? These are being stolen and planted on personal property or being used as practice baskets. What is needed is a serial # on the baskets and anyone who sees a real legit disc golf basket somewhere could check it.

Noway these people are selling it for scrap i mean what would they get for them???? These are being stolen and planted on personal property or being used as practice baskets. What is needed is a serial # on the baskets and anyone who sees a real legit disc golf basket somewhere could check it.

thats how it seems to me. its not like tweakers stealing copper wire from inside field lights. thats an epidemic around here. i play in a softball league and theyve caught maybe 4 guys in the last 6 months goin after that stuff...twacksters cant resistist copper wire.

but i digress. keep an eye on your golf buddies whos putting gets inexplicable better without seeing them at the local course.:cool:

God damn basket stealers stealin all my baskets with their big basket stealing noses breathing in all my air!!!

really!? This is getting to be re-godamn-diculous!. At one of our home courses in Valley County Idaho somone broke the lock, with a rock by the way (we found the rock with plastic on it) and instead of stealing it, he/she/they must have gotten tired of carrying the basket and threw it in some bushes about 500 feet away from the pin position. I dont know what their deal was, but at least we got the basket back. We told the resort, who replaced the padlock with a key lock, hence, we cant change up the pin placement. Just so you know, all the locks are pad locked and there are only 2 of us who have a list of all the different codes. It is up to us to change up the baskets, so that hole is effed. This is a resort course, though, so anything goes I guess. I just wish we could change up that basket. Its a really nice hole in B position.

Baskets are replaced.
The city/county HAD 9 more to expand the nine hole course.
Happy and sad.

Im sorry to say it but it seems like michigan has ALOT of thieves. I was playing in my tournament with a guy that had a Revo backpack...he had a patch with his name attached to the top..Mitch.. I asked him if his bag has really been tried to be stolen, he said surprisingly enough...its been walked off with a few times and ive had to chase them down! :eek: Makes me soooo sad that we can't have the commordiary (sp?) like other sports! I mean is this sport really that expensive that we have to steal someone elses bag? **** man, ill buy you a $15 dollar bag if you need it that bad!

Sadly, I'm not at all surprised by this story...basket-stealing is an everyday occurrence in Michigan. Almost all of our courses have had at least one basket stolen at one time or another. In fact, I'd venture to guess that at no point in recent history as every course in the state had all their baskets intact at the same time. Heck, a few years ago the 9-hole course closest to me had all nine baskets stolen in the same night! :mad:

sleepy

Yae five left over. I can only immagine mi. Has so many dg vandals due to simply having alot of casual s. It's exploding here and with the addition of many new courses comes new players

Check ebay and craigslist. petty thieves are lazy and stupid. i've been a snowboard instructor in tahoe for 5 years and i personally have 3 friends in the last years get equipment stolen and find it on ebay a week later. good luck, and when you find these guys, i say you do a good old fashioned firing line.

with discs of course...

Latest posts