• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] From hype to horror-DON'T POST A GROOVE THREAD UNTIL YOU READ THIS!

Do you hate the groove

• YES(Always)

Votes: 221 52.7%
  • NO(Never)

Votes: 138 32.9%
  • SOMETIMES(When it doesnt do what you want it to...but you still throw it)

Votes: 60 14.3%

• Total voters
I am just learning the disc and got one just for the fun of it. So far I have been very impressed and thing that with a bit mroe practice I will be able to throw it far. Remember that when playing in the wind it is all about know how to throw any disc in the wind. Based on what I have expereinced so far I think it will be possible to use this disc in the wind to your advantage.

As others have said, if you don't have a ton of power don't bother. I don't like it at all for BH, but FH seems to be a different story. Its always that way for me though, discs that are too much for me BH, I can usually overpower FH. Probably OAT on the FH.

I found one on the ground and it's one of my top drivers. Most distance of any disc I own. And I'm a fairly new player with not a big arm. I can easily pass the basket on a bunch of the shorter par 3's in my local course (don't know the footage). That's sidearm with a slight anny and it rips straight ahead.

If you have a big arm, it works like a faster Valk.

I love the Groove, but have stopped throwing it as much. Depending on the course it can see some major action.

i have put one in my bag but only throw it on wide open holes where i'm going for max d and not too worried about accuracy. it has a huge skip which i don't particularly like as that makes it harder to be accurate with it. i probably throw it 20-30 feet further than my destroyers when i get it right but am much more confident with the destroyer.

i am thinknig of trading it for something new to try out, so lemme know if your intrested, ive thrown it only in open fields, never hit a tree, and only maby 12 holes, so its still in "new" condition

I love mine (as light as I can find them). It's one of two Innova discs I ever plan to replace. I'm a FH thrower and can generally rip it pretty good but have to put a lot into it to get it to fly well. I don't mind it in the wind, unless it's a headwind (guess I haven't had the same problems as a lot of others). I have also found that they seem to beat in and get flippy pretty REALLY quickly.

I love mine (as light as I can find them). It's one of two Innova discs I ever plan to replace. I'm a FH thrower and can generally rip it pretty good but have to put a lot into it to get it to fly well. I don't mind it in the wind, unless it's a headwind (guess I haven't had the same problems as a lot of others). I have also found that they seem to beat in and get flippy pretty REALLY quickly.

you intrested in another 1? im tryn 2 trade mine because i dont care for it all the much, its in "like new" condition

I just bought one this weekend and I'm finding out I just don't have the arm for it (yet).

I've never dealt with a huge skip upon landing before either - it doesn't look real!

you intrested in another 1? im tryn 2 trade mine because i dont care for it all the much, its in "like new" condition

I checked and yours is a little heavier than I like them. I have a 169, and it's not nearly as nice as my 165. Who would think 4 measly grams would make such a difference. There is a fair amount of love for the Groove on here. I'm sure you won't have any trouble getting rid of it.

I use my groove all the time. Im a rhfh player, ill use it as an anny disc, or a wide open long hole, ill use it as a turnover disc to maximize distance. Great disc, wish they made it in star though...

I've got a 171 Groove that I can only get to behave with a forehand. But it does one hell of a beautiful S-curve

I was a little cocky and purchased a 175 groove... needless to say the only thing I could get it to do was a high sweeping hyzer. The last couple times out though have been a different story as I've gotten it to turn over and s.

Main point is to get out there and throw it. First couple throws are going to feel akward but just get comfortable with the disc and build confidence with it.

i got mine 2 see if i was ready for a boss, got it, threw it, and bought a 174 boss, the boss holds a line pretty good, gets good distance, and feels alot like a wraith in ur hands.

Take the groove out to a feild and get the hang of it. I got a 175 gram one and it hardly flips, you just need to make sure you arent overpowering the disc, so a slower throw helps it.

Latest posts