• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Full Metal Basket

Next week while your down here, can I hear some before you post it?

should we do this smoking jacket and pipe style or tuck you into bed and sit in a rocking chair style?

Whatever you would like my little friend. As long as I can get a glass of warm milk

You know...there should be a dude named Roc in the flick...need to write his ass in somewhere.

I would be honored but dont make me a douche please. Someone that cant putt would be very accurate nowadays

Sorry about the delay...rough week last week...

…..

(Here is where we get kind of mixed up. There is too much good Apocalypse Now kind of sh.. to not take advantage of…so full metal jacket kind of ends and Apocalypse Now kind of picks up…really the stuff gets very independent and only nods to the classics in certain scenes.)

Scene 8 the famous ceiling fan scene from Apocalypse. Goblin is laying in bed waiting for his qualifier.

GB Narrates: Saigon….sh..still in Saigon. The qualifier at Bing Bang Bop is another day away. I can't go practice because every course in Vietnam is being used for the Open…I need to go…I need to throw…

Music and video montage of Goblin practicing throwing fake throws. He eventually starts releasing and ends up trashing the room. He passes out on the bed.

Knocks on door

GZ: Goblin get up! It's time for the qualifier!

Goblin groggily wakes and looks around at his trashed room…totally confused.

GZ: Open the goddamn door Goblin! Come on we can't be late.

Goblin staggers to the door and lets Gazelle in, Gazelle looks around with a WTF look on his face. There are discs everywhere and everything that is breakable is broken and the walls have many disc penetrations in them.

GZ: Dude….you better win the Open or you are going to be working at Holiday Inn for the rest of your life.

GB: Don't f… with me right now please…just help me get my sh.. together.

The two scramble around trying to find all of Goblins discs. Neither of them notice that his Opto Line Core is under the bed…

(Fade)

Scene 9: Walkthrough of course prior to tourney, Gazelle, a 2x Vietnam Open entrant (runner up one year) explains the intricacies of the very hilly, moderately wooded course with the few field shots over terraces of rice paddies.

GZ: 3 is a bitch man, but 4…dude, four is where it happens. (They reach the top of the bamboo forest's hill where #3s basket is and look out into the clearing for 4.)

GB: Dude, is that 4 out that opening?

GZ: Yeah, come up here and look, its amazing.

The two reach the teepad and they are standing at the top of a terraced hill. 5 tiers down there is a large shallow pond for rice irrigation, 100 feet after that is the basket, on an island green…literally. All told you need an accurate 450' drive or a hell of an accurate layup and approach.

GB: Wow man…We must be 80' up, do you think a 300' drive would reach that green with the height difference?

GZ: I can hit 320' on a good day and I have splashed once and damn near aced the second time. The key is to hope you are not first up…second round I actually intentionally dropped a bird so I could watch the others throw. It is all about the wind and adjusting for it. Good news is there is usually a tail wind…bad news is, that tail wind can take your ass right passed the basket and into a water buffalo. Let me tell you, you had better be good at running if you hit one of those bastards!

GB: haha I hear you man….

(Sound trails off and the camera backs out showing an overhead view of the gorgeous course).

(fade)

Scene 10, Bing Bang Bop qualifier proper. More of a montage with the scorecard coming up on the screen…I am sure you have seen a scene like this in a sports flick. Video of people we have never seen and of course Goblin and Gazelle. We go through the first 3 holes like this then go to live action for 4.

A Vietnamese dude takes the first shot. He whips his 150 class Orion LS beautifully and the wind buffets it up and down but it holds a strong line and holds clean, onto the island green and 40' or so from the basket.

(nices ring through the group)

A guy they all call Banshee is next (he screams when he throws, like a tennis player grunts, but high pitched). Banshee whips his shot as a hyzer flip but he doesn't realize that Sum Pho had fought a side wind with his shot. The disc bombs right into the paddy with a splash and thud.

Gazelle is next and looks back to Goblin, who had been steady parring up to this point. He gives Goblin a nod as he throws a sidearm shot with a Latitude Primitus. The wind plays hell with his shot and it looks like it is shoving it straight into the pond but right at the last moment that glorious tailwind he talked about picked his disc up and it literally flattened out 3' above the pond…sailing right for the pin!

GZ: Go go go go

Ching! Straight up ace

(Cheers)

GB: Holy sh.. dude, no pressure or anything…God!

Goblins shot goes well and he is in deuce territory and ends up taking second on the hole to Gaz. Sum Pho pars after hitting the garter belt and Banshee bogeys.

Back to the scene montage. Gazelle, Pho and Goblin battle out on their card, Banshee is pretty much sunk after the bogey. We also see other cards and if you are one of those smart kids you can see that both Gazelle and Goblin are sitting between 3rd and 6th depending on the hole. Round one ends with Goblin just out of the money 2 strokes behind Gazelle.

GZ: Dude, if you are still behind me after 16 I will throw it.

GB: Hell no man, what if you blow the other qualifiers? Hell no…I can't let you. I am either getting in legit or I am going home.

GZ: Man I have plenty of chances…this is it for you…

GB: If you want me in, wear my GD shirt and ace 4 again during the Ace Race.

Goblin winks at him

Gazelle shakes his head but is still thinking of throwing the game for him

Boom! More montagery. This movie writing **** is easy! The second round is flown through up to hole 15 which is hole 1 for the Goblin/Gazelle gang. Yeah foreshadow that Hitchcock…18 is going to be hole 4! Freaking crazy huh? Gazelle and Goblin are tied and sit 4th.

Hole one goes easy, everyone deuces. Hole 2 goblin pars and Gaz deuces. Now hole 3…oh man…
GB Narrates: What drama. I am a stroke back and back in 6th as the 5th place moved up next to Gaz. I want to throw this hole like Gaz told me but I cannot afford the stroke…especially since it is common practice to do so…do I take the deuce and risk hole 4…SH!!!

Everyone makes a clean drive and is no more than 35' back. Luckily Goblin had the longest drive so he can observe what the others do. Gazelle shanks it as expected, Pho makes it but is 3 strokes back and nobody gives a **** about Banshee anymore…13 back.

GB Narrates: Boom! I can take the birdie and still go second.

Goblin sinks the putt. Three way tie for 4th now. Beat down from a pretty grueling 2 round ordeal he does not want to go to a playoff.

Hole 4 is teed up by Pho who again places it beautifully within deuce range.

Goblin steps up while going internal (that means we see his thoughts) and we see various levels of screw up…worm burners onto the 3rd tier, pond splashes, and the last one hits a water buffalo in the nuts…Goblin shakes the thoughts out of his head and we go internal again…This time 40 topless women are hoisting him up while he holds a Stanley cup sized trophy. We come back to him grinning and nodding this time and he confidently takes his drive….with What the hell??? A tomahawked Epic???

The plan was brilliant…the damn thing flies up into a low orbit like a rocket…way too fast to be affected by the wind, flips and sails back down landing cleanly about 15' from the basket.

Crowd: Holy…..(or horry)

Goblin jumps up and pumps his fist, Gazelle high fives him and winks.

GB: No dude…don't

Gaz actually has word that the guy who had tied up 4th has parred his final hole so if they deuce they are in regardless, Goblin doesn't know and thinks he is going to shank it on purpose.

GZ: I got this.

Goblin shakes his head and looks down disappointingly. He can't believe Gazelle is going to risk his chance.

Gaz throws a beauty that bombs in and actually bounces off of Goblins disc and ends up on top of the basket!

(everyone cheers)
Goblin looks up surprised and runs to the end of the pad and sees the bright red disc on top of the basket.

GB: Showoff

GZ: Had ya there didn't I…We are in man…well, if you can sink a 15' putt…think you can handle it…?

GB: God I hope so…

They both Deuce, tie for 4th and take home enough money to pay the hotel bill until the finals.

(fade)

Hey Bill, do you have a manuscript for this? If so, will you bring me a signed copy at the Ace Race on October 3? :D

Scene 4: The barracks that night:

[Enter Goblin into the latrine]

Goblin: What are you doing here Piggy?

PP: This is my Sidewinder. There are many Sidewinders like it, but this one is mine. Without my Sidewinder, I am nothing. Without me, my Sidewinder is nothing.

Latest posts