• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funny reactions on the course

Midnightbiker

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I know we all run into newer players on the course, or see things that just crack us up. I know there are some great stories out there, so lets share some.

One that happened to me today:

I met a group of young, locals, and they joined me and my small group. As we came up to a 246ft hole, I noticed the new guys and what they were throwing. The first guy threw a Nuke, and his friend game him a :hfive: for parking near the basket. His friend threw a Champ Orc, and got about 20ft from the basket.

I threw a Buzz, and parked it under the basket. When I was asked what I threw, and I told them I just parked it with a midrange, they were like , " that was a midrange?! Damn!" . I got a chuckle out of it. I was a little surprised when they told me they had been playing for over a year.

Happens all the time at our local courses. Z-Boaz Especially.

Today:

I stroll up on this large group w/ my buddy. Come to find out, it's that knuckle head ZBoazMobster and his buddies (what's up Ken!!!) There were 3 other guys there in a group poofin' away.

Being a fellow local disc golfer and buddy, we always gots to show each other new plastic and new dyes we've done.

Anyways, one of the dudes busy poofin' in the group of 3 says, "Ape??? What's that??? Oh cooooooollllllllllll I love the "giant" rim"

Ol' Kenny runs up and says, "How long ya been tossin?"

"Just under a year" the guys says.

Ken takes the disc from him and gives it back to me saying "Put the Ape down!!! and don't pick it back up!!!"

True True True

We had a good laugh.

I have a friend who has a bit of a temper problem, and a course we play at all the time has a tree like 5 feet away from the tee. Almost every time we play at that hole, he winds up and fires his disc as hard as he can, and without fail he always throws it right into the tree. He then screams something along the lines of 'MOTHERF****R!!!!" at the top of his lungs and kicks his bag. Never gets old.

I have a friend who has a bit of a temper problem, and a course we play at all the time has a tree like 5 feet away from the tee. Almost every time we play at that hole, he winds up and fires his disc as hard as he can, and without fail he always throws it right into the tree. He then screams something along the lines of 'MOTHERF****R!!!!" at the top of his lungs and kicks his bag. Never gets old.

Damn, sounds like he needs to take a chill pill and just spend some time in an open field practicing.

LOL i have a couple of buddies like that. One always has a very rough round and you can hear him across the park sometimes. The other is a very good player, one of Wacos best atm, but if he misses a 35' he starts kickin the bag, lord help him if he doesnt park a hole that is under 300...

I have a friend who has the most f'ed up footwork I've ever seen. He throws RHBH and he lines up on the tee. He then takes one step forward with his right, brings up the left foot and then does this skid stutter step on his front right foot and throws a yanker way right almost everytime. He then stops and looks at us like.. "what happened there?"

I tell him every throw to just stand there and throw it on a level plane but he never listens and the scuffle step continues. It cracks us up.

Another fun thing on the course is when we're playing fun rounds we do this thing where if you tee off and nail a tree right off the bat you can retrieve your disc and reshoot with no penalty by hopping on one foot and singing I'm a little tee pot. If you can get your disc and get back with 6 hops without falling over you get to reshoot. Funny as hell to watch.

I'll close with a recent story... We were playing doubles at Buckhorn and one of our friends who hasn't played that much was with us and using another friends roadrunner. We get to the pond hole which I think is about 140' aross. He and his partner lay up about five feet from the pond and we all throw over and his partner throws over so we all start walking. I then see him reach back and try to flick the roadrunner over the pond, it goes way up and right and SPLASH! My other friend whose disc he just chucked in the pond starts yelling at him and asking why the hell he did that when his partner just made it across. He says he didn't see him throw and they argue and he agrees to replace the disc.

The next day with the same group we go to cedar hill which has a pond that is about 150' across I believe. We get up to the pond hole and my friend is letting my water magnet friend use his sidewinder. My friend looks at him and says... do not throw over this hole, you walk over there and throw it so there is no way you can lose my disc. My water magnet friend looks at him and throws a terrible RHBH that goes up and dives down left.. SPLASH! My friend just swore he'd never let him borrow a disc again.

Course on the weekend... 3 of us playing behind a group of 4 (about our age, mid 20s). I tee up, and throw it right on their fairway. Tosses it back to us, then I do the same thing on the next hole. They let us play thru, so now we're teeing up in front of 4 guys who look like they are pretty good (bigish bags full of plastic, quadshocks, etc) We're like well, we're gonna make asses of ourselves. (We've been playing 8 months or so and aren't super consistent).

Each of us tees up, and launch 300' bombs (awesome for us) down the fairway for perfect layups into the 90 degree dogleg, and the guys seemed impressed, so we were pretty happy with ourselves lol... I'm sure the look on our face was pure shock. Next time I'm sure we'll throw them right on the road.

Years ago I occasionally played with a young fella that always launched a series of "F's" to go along with his bad drive. After 2 or 3 holes of explosions, I responded on his bad drive with. "Wow, that is the best you have done yet!".
"What?", he asks. I say, "Yep, you got 7 F's out of that one, best yet". He said, "F!!". I calmly responded with, "That makes 8". We managed to work our way up to nine. I told him that if he gets to launch 'em , then I get to count 'em.

He stopped his tirades (around me) and was much more fun to play with.

Ron

I know a guy who, on occasion, when watching his disc sail off in a direction he doesn't want...he quickly grabs another disc (almost before the other disc lands) and just heaves it as hard has he can out of anger...I watched him lose two discs into a creek one time.

Funny!

I was on the course the other day and we walking up to some guys smoking weed. They blew the smoke in their shirts and walked off. haha. I guess they thought they had a better chance of getting away with it walking around with slow smoke rising from under their shirts?!

went to LL yesterday and the lady tried to keep my dog out because he is a pit. she told me and my gf and my buddy that he couldnt go to the dog park because he is a pit...ok fine, he can just walk with us all day, no big deal. then she starts spewing that he needs to have a locking muzzle...before she could even finish, i asked for some literature stating such things. she hands me like the park handbook printed on regular computer paper. I check the entire booklet and there was just something in there stating if a park officer deems him aggressive that they can have him required to be muzzled.

thats all fine and dandy but my dog was shaking his tail vigorusly in the car and licking everyones face...a real killer. she seemed so imcompentant of the law within the park she was the gate person for.....luckily i calmed my jets, disced all day, and got burnt to all hell

I was on the course the other day and we walking up to some guys smoking weed. They blew the smoke in their shirts and walked off. haha. I guess they thought they had a better chance of getting away with it walking around with slow smoke rising from under their shirts?!

LOL... that is awesome.

That reminds me of a story where about two weeks ago we were at Cedar Hill waiting for these kids in front of us to mosey on before we "partied" on the bench. As we're taking our break these two guys throw to the pin about 20 feet behind us and the next thing I hear is this guy running full speed screaming at the top of his lungs. We all turn around and the guy runs up to the tree his disc is next to and runs about 10 feet up the tree and jumps off and spins, grabs his disc, does some kind of spider man move and putts it in from about 15 ft. He then looks at us and this huge grin comes on his face and he walks over and starts talking to us. He says he's played 6 different courses today with his friend and the guy is all over the place with BIG eyes and a huge grin. I'll let those of you who know what the deal was with this guy put 1 and 1 together to make 2 on that one.

During a casual round a few weeks ago a buddy of mine was about 30 feet from the basket on hole # 13 at Basil. Basket is pretty heavily guarded so he chose just to lay up and get his 3. Throws his approach shot into the tree two feet in front of him, doesn't say a word. Picks up his putter and throws it like a clown throwing a pie as hard as he can 20 feet past the basket. I hole out for 3 and he throws his putter about 60% right at the chains and holes out. He proceeds to let out a "BOOYAKASHA!" for a power-bogey. I laugh a lot on the course.

Another fun thing on the course is when we're playing fun rounds we do this thing where if you tee off and nail a tree right off the bat you can retrieve your disc and reshoot with no penalty by hopping on one foot and singing I'm a little tee pot. If you can get your disc and get back with 6 hops without falling over you get to reshoot. Funny as hell to watch.

That rules.

2 that I saw... guy throws disc down fairway @ 200', a little girl (10-11 yrs old?) runs out shouting "I got it!", picks the disc up and huks it back to the guy on the tee pad. Everyone that saw it just stood there in shock and awe.
Guy gets angry that he hit a small tree on his putt, walks over, kicks the tree down. When he moved his foot, the tree springs up and smacks him right in the face. He casually walked over to his bag, picked it up and walked off the course.

I was playing the weekly at Lava Creek and some of the Oroville boys show up and have been drinking whiskey all day. Everyone knew that this was going to be a problem including the guy who runs the deal. Golf carts are used by discers during the weekly and sure enough the drunkards get a cart. Fast forward to hole eleven where there is a downhill and a sharp turn. I had a feeling I should watch them fly down the path so I stop to watch. They come screaming around the turn, over correct into the hillside and flip the cart. Everything including their bags, beer, and what not go flying in a tremendous fashion. They stand up and look around like nothing had happened meanwhile the guy who runs everything tromps up to them and starts yelling and kicks them off course permanently. I was laughing so hard I missed my putt, oh well it was worth the show.

I was playing the weekly at Lava Creek and some of the Oroville boys show up and have been drinking whiskey all day. Everyone knew that this was going to be a problem including the guy who runs the deal. Golf carts are used by discers during the weekly and sure enough the drunkards get a cart. Fast forward to hole eleven where there is a downhill and a sharp turn. I had a feeling I should watch them fly down the path so I stop to watch. They come screaming around the turn, over correct into the hillside and flip the cart. Everything including their bags, beer, and what not go flying in a tremendous fashion. They stand up and look around like nothing had happened meanwhile the guy who runs everything tromps up to them and starts yelling and kicks them off course permanently. I was laughing so hard I missed my putt, oh well it was worth the show.

man i wish i could of saw that... golf cart accidents are the funniest things ever. the best ones are at festivals where you can rent golf carts... drugged up hippies and golf carts make for one hell of a show.

"What did you throw?"

"A Rhyno."

"But Rhynos suck."

"Who's parked?"

Latest posts