• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funny Video

He looked OK, but his releases were all over the place. Glad he hit the camera with a putter and not a driver.

More power to him for trying to improve. I am not impressed by the people making fun of him.

I agree that it is a good thing that he put this video out. Hopefully somebody will have something positive to say to him, some good criticism.

What I saw were feet that became cemented to the ground, killing all his full body momentum, forcing him to use all his upper body. Then, i think he was bending over thinking that this would help him from launching the disc into the sky. This says to me that he does not understand nose down, and or just has not figured out how to do it yet.

It looks like that if he could get it all together, he could have some good, clean form with near effortless power.

Armpit thrower! Very bad habit! Must break now!

First thing I noticed too. Not good.

All he needs is the info/videos that are already here (and practice). Just take some basics and run with them, developing you're own style in the process. Asking people for their own personal advice may not be what will work for him. It helps if people are serious sometimes too.

Ok. With that said, funny video indeed! :p

I've posted a couple of suggestions on his other form video...advised him to develop an x-step for his run-up, learn how to throw an effective forehand, and to concentrate on more trunk twisting then arm strength. He claims that he throws out to about 275...he's a big guy, so I don't find that too hard to believe...a better form and I can see him throwing over 400.

was it just me or did it look like his run up was on an incline downhill?

best way to get better? play with some people who know what they are doing.

'We claim to know the secrets, the answers have been found
But how can one fool make another wise?'

you tell em Kansas!

Seems to me like he is throwing different everytime. He needs to learn muscle memory and repetition to stay consistent with his drives and tweak his form when he is making mistakes. Also, as mentioned above... He throws from his armpit.

Sidewinder and I talked about this in another thread when he suggested I post a vid and the DBs making fun of a guy looking for tips for improvement.

OP- Fail.

I dont get what all the fuss is about. Its a newer player trying to drive, with some big form flaws. Not even that horrible, and with all the sub-300 throwers here I figured people would be friendlier.

Not that funny, and really not that terrible either. Time for everyone to get off their high horse.

As a new player, I would imagine advise would be easier given if one could actually see my technique in order to help. Why this is kind of redundant it seems the guy is just seeking help to improve his game. If all you get is bashing, then why ask experienced players for help?

Jhyatt7

Kudos to the guy for caring enough about his sport to take the time to film his drives to get feedback to improve. None of us started out chucking 400' (except maybe for Kachtz (sp?)).

Having said that, hitting the camera square on with the last disc was damn funny

after he hit the camera on the second shot... i was waiting with full intent to see him plow it directly... I WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED!!! HAHAHAHA :doh:

I was looking for a follow through but didn't see one.

(also I didn't know that armpit throws were bad. I think I do this. Crap.)

I think the armpit thing is a huge deal. I used to do it too and it really gets in the way of a nice, clean reachback.

Watching technique videos was what taught me what good form looks like. If he compares himself to the people in the videos, he should see an obvious difference.

IMO, you are not a DB if you think this video is funny. If I saw myself throw, I would probably laugh :\.

But, just because someone may know "it all" is no reason to rip on a guy that's new and doesn't know anything. That would make you a DB.

My suggestion would be to not make it a speed throwing contest. Take some more time and try to make each throw the same motion.

Latest posts