• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Wizard

Agreed. I've tried out quite a few different putters, too many actually, before finally figuring out that Wizards are the best. I just switched out a SS for a Lunar yesterday for putting. Shot my personal best at my local course with it too.

I just recently got a Lunar Wizard too and really like the black rubber mixed in the plastic. Favorite grip so far besides an RFF.

I just recently got a Lunar Wizard too and really like the black rubber mixed in the plastic. Favorite grip so far besides an RFF.

Agreed. Nice and grippy plastic for sure. You're a WI guy aren't you? These are gonna be nice in the cold

Agreed. Nice and grippy plastic for sure. You're a WI guy aren't you? These are gonna be nice in the cold

Yea I am. Will definitely be checking out Dretka's winter course as well as the winter-only course in the Madison area this season.

Planned on playing a LOT more courses this summer but got injured and have been recovering / re-learning how to walk which has been quite the journey. Summer 2022 I got big plans (when I'm not at work).

Yea I am. Will definitely be checking out Dretka's winter course as well as the winter-only course in the Madison area this season.

Planned on playing a LOT more courses this summer but got injured and have been recovering / re-learning how to walk which has been quite the journey. Summer 2022 I got big plans (when I'm not at work).

Well if you're ever out by Marshfield, point, BEP, etc. Feel free to hit me up.

Two erasers and a hemp. My putting putters. They are some sort of continuity with my kitty hawk gummy putter from long ago. I like the feel of that stamped lettering on the bottom of the flight plate.

Coming Home

I recently went back to putting Wizards. I putted with wizards for about 10 years and then got bored.

I had been messing with Pilots for about 6 months, but never sold my Wizard stack, and they just kept calling my name. My primary putting wizards (a pair of well worn swirly PWs) just feel right in my hand.

I really liked premium pilots for throwing, but just never fully clicked with pilots as putters.

I recently went back to putting Wizards.

Same.

Started out with Wizards when I first started playing. Went away from them because I was bad at putting and it just had to be the disc, right?

Landed on the P2 and putted them for several years. I liked to get a fresh pair every year and obviously 2020 made picking up a couple of new ones impossible.

Decided I wanted to switch to something that always seemed to be readily available and Wizards seemed to be the answer.

Made the switch easily and very happy to have come full circle and pretty sure I'll just putt Wizards until I'm too old and crippled to play.

Just got a Nylon Wizard the other day and got a Lunar Wizard a week before that.

Really like both. Nylon Wizard probably gonna end up replacing my KC Aviar eventually.

The nylon/rubber alloys are my favorites but pretty much only come in black. (Fine for putting but horrible for launching down the fairway)

I was putting with the hemp blends and they are pretty awesome but discovered by accident that my putting consistency is way better with a firm plastic so now I putt firm Wizards.

The nylon/rubber alloys are my favorites but pretty much only come in black. (Fine for putting but horrible for launching down the fairway)

I was putting with the hemp blends and they are pretty awesome but discovered by accident that my putting consistency is way better with a firm plastic so now I putt firm Wizards.

Mine came in black but I'm gonna use it more of a circle 2 putter. Might just keep my Aviar as my driving putter unless I can find a good Wizard mold for that.

I've been spending some time reading the earlier forum posts, starting from day 1. I have some Wizards and noticed that the Voodoo was always being described as a beadless stable Wizard. Last week I found a new Killa Cam 2020 Tour Series Voodoo at a shop. I could happily use either, but I think I'll be spending some time with this new Voodoo to see what it's all about.

Been a while since I threw the Voodoo but I don't remember it being very Wizard like. I think the Warlock is closer.

I have used the Wizard for most of my Frisbee throwing career...

Went through a putter journey a while ago to try and streamline my bag... tried all Discraft (challenger), then all MVP (ion), then finally all DGA (steady).

Putting was a mess during those times...as soon as I went back to Wizard 3yrs ago...everything clicked.

I was worried about finding good wizards and was down to 2 perfect Wizards for my putting....then found the newest Hemp run...PERFECTION!

Made sure to stock up and have 10 or so...should last me a long time...

My favorite Wizards are on the stiffer side, with a low shoulder.....then plastic feel...the newest Hemp Wizards fit perfect...not waxy or too grippy. Come out my hand nice an easy.

I've been spending some time reading the earlier forum posts, starting from day 1. I have some Wizards and noticed that the Voodoo was always being described as a beadless stable Wizard. Last week I found a new Killa Cam 2020 Tour Series Voodoo at a shop. I could happily use either, but I think I'll be spending some time with this new Voodoo to see what it's all about.

Been a while since I threw the Voodoo but I don't remember it being very Wizard like. I think the Warlock is closer.
Just my opinion BUT...the Voodoo is very Wizard-like feeling in the hand but is much less HSS when you throw it. The Warlock has an Aviar PandA hand feel (which BTW is the disc golf term I would most like to see go away) but out of the box for me it flies identical to a Wizard. Like exactly. The fade beats out of it more quickly so you notice differences in the flight when you cycle them, but brand new they fly like the same disc for me. I threw Wizards for years and still won't give up my old ones, but I get a cleaner putting release from Warlocks and for driving they are the same so I converted over to all Warlocks a few years ago. I'm noticing no change at all in my short drives/approaches using Warlocks vs. Wizards. I just get less wobble on my putts. YMMV.

I was under the impression that the Warlock is literally the same mold as a Wizard just without the bead.

I was under the impression that the Warlock is literally the same mold as a Wizard just without the bead.
It's not. The wing is entirely different. The Voodoo does look like a microbead Wizard, but the Warlock straight-up looks like the beadless Aviar.

I keep a Voodoo in my bag for those dead straight putts. That's pretty much what it's good for.
I'm trying to ask a question without sounding like an ass because I'm actually curious, but when I read the question typed out it looks like I'm to be an ass. So not to be an ass but...what other kind of putts are you taking? :confused:

Latest posts