• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gorilla Boy Disc Sports

which would you rather see for a black Friday deal?

• free shipping with in the U.S.

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • 13% off

Votes: 31 60.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
First off; for anyone that says someone is a prick for voicing relevant and reasonable concerns, you know nothing about business and customer satisfaction.

Did you know the greatest, and most unquantifiable assest to a business is word of mouth, and when you sacrifice that due to inability to manage customer expectations, a huge profit loss occurs.

I am irritated with a lack follow up, poor expectation management, and zero recompense to make said failings right.

The quality of the work, or satisfaction once having received said work has nothing to do with this. It isnt about his character. It is about good business. And when you take my money we shake hands and enter an agreement. Simple.

To the gentleman who asked if our old bags worked; yes great but I ordered a replacement to fill a void, to satisfy a need, and as said prior under the stipulation of 4 to 6 weeks.

Like I said, I am very patiently waiting and have done so for 4.5 months. I would of been the happiest camper had even some blanket emails gone out with some realistic timeliness and etas. Again though, it is what it is.

TL;DR (all of it anyways)

Good business is hand-making you a bag (for as much as the competitors using big factories would charge) and rewarding you for accepting it? I don't think so. Chris has been nothing but awesome in my experience. I had a problem with a single faulty stitch on my Silverback and he took care of me, completely free of charge.

Honestly why do any of us even use bags? Lets just carry our plastic. :rolleyes:

as frustrated as some of you are getting I'm even more frustrated than you are, I'm working almost every day to get as much done as I can and I do every thing I can to keep every one informed through the forums, the popularity of my bags was not something I expected to reach the point it did this year and I am honestly shocked at it. right now today I have been working on the 13 Squirrel Monkeys that need to get out and I expect them to be done by the end of the week.

as for me finding others to help, well I tried that, I don't have time to train any one so I was bringing in people I know that know how to sew but I was having to take apart literally about 75% of every thing they put together cause it was done wrong and not to my standards and also I cant really afford to pay anyone to help me right now it's just not in what I have a for a budget.

I know there are a few of you yet who have been waiting patiently for a long time since what you have ordered are kongs, silverbacks or Simians and I will be getting to them shortly I know the way I am going about getting caught up sucks but it was about the only way that made sense to get things done the fastest with how many orders I had come in. I was at about 100 bags total needed to be made not even 6 weeks ago and that number is coming down now granted not super fast but that cause I still have other orders still coming in about 1 bag a day roughly.

I am always here for any of you to contact if you would like to know where I'm at exactly so please email me or pm me and I will get back to you asap!

so like I said this was an extremely unexpected speed bump for me and once I'm through it I am never letting this happen again the stress is horrible!

well said GB!

keep up the incredible work and the general downpour of energy drinks that must keep you going

and too the agitated;
George Carlin, "Calm down, have some dip."

1_carlin-geo.jpg

As a happy silverback owner, I can totally understand sticking up for GB. However, if someone is told 4-6 weeks and it's been four-five months, then I'd say that's a legitimate complaint. Let's not let loyalty get in the way of common business sense.:doh:

As a happy silverback owner, I can totally understand sticking up for GB. However, if someone is told 4-6 weeks and it's been four-five months, then I'd say that's a legitimate complaint. Let's not let loyalty get in the way of common business sense.:doh:

i totally agree with this, my problem was/is that at the time it was actually a 4-6 week wait time, which then orders flooded in and changed it. so I then changed it to say "may take at least 6 weeks" since it had started taking longer since the orders were coming way way faster than what i ever imagined they would.

and now for today's update.....

I'm a good 2/3 of the way through getting the 13 squirrel monkeys done now. they should be done by this weekend for sure and shipping out Monday or Tuesday.

They are able to cancel their order I assume, my only point was that you don't get some sort of bonus for waiting like everyone else. The man is putting his hard work and time into making you a one-of-a-kind dg bag, and from the quality of materials used I'd wager its not at a large profit to him. He does it for the love of his work AND this sport. Can't we all just understand that, and happily give him our money?

I think we all understand that it's a great product(I have two GB bags, and love them). I think we all appreciate what he's doing.

Some people are expressing unhappiness about how long it takes to actually get a bag, and at this point I think it's a reasonable concern. I think it would be very beneficial for his business to get help and put themselves in a position to churn out bags in a more timely manner that coincides with the current demand of his product. However, it's his business, and I don't mean to tell him how to run it.

Keep making sweet ass bags. I love mine.

They are able to cancel their order I assume, my only point was that you don't get some sort of bonus for waiting like everyone else. The man is putting his hard work and time into making you a one-of-a-kind dg bag, and from the quality of materials used I'd wager its not at a large profit to him. He does it for the love of his work AND this sport. Can't we all just understand that, and happily give him our money?

Most accurate post yet

Are you in the habit of paying for things and getting them weeks or months after you were told to expect them?

I understand the situation and have heard that GB makes great bags- bags that are worth the wait. I don't understand, however, what kind of argument "oh well, you can always cancel your order" is supposed to be. I don't see anybody complaining about the wait; people seem to be complaining that the wait is longer than they were told it would be.

I also think that it is silly to speculate what kind of profit GB is making on these bags. I personally don't care what it is but it's absurd to assume that GB isn't getting a fair cut (he deserves it).

Supply and Demand my friends. Demand goes up, supply goes down and vice versa.

yes, totally my point. I'm not saying he needs to raise the price to make more of a profit. it's silly to think he is not making good money on these bags. I just think when compared to other competitor bags he is priced to low, which is another reason demand is so high for his product.

I do think Chris should update or take down his 6 weeks disclaimer on his website. Not everyone is smart enough to contact him or view the link below the message with updated progress reports to find out how long to wait.

Thanks again GB for the great bag! I will definitely brag you up to friends.....

quick simian questions;

- what do you use the plastic loops for on the shoulder straps?
- what do you use the clothe piece that is directly under those plastic loops for?
- and is the pocket in the back of the bag (betwen you and the bag when it is worn) for a camelbak? (if so, i'm guessing the plastic loops in the first question would hold the mouthpiece)

thx

Attachments

• simian.jpg
    simian.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 39
quick simian questions;

- what do you use the plastic loops for on the shoulder straps?
- what do you use the clothe piece that is directly under those plastic loops for?
- and is the pocket in the back of the bag (betwen you and the bag when it is worn) for a camelbak? (if so, i'm guessing the plastic loops in the first question would hold the mouthpiece)

thx

the loops are meant for clipping things to or running the water bladder tube through.

the webbing straps on the straps are for what ever they may end up being useful for for you.

the pocket on the back is for what ever, but it was not intended for the water bladder. the water bladder hangs from velcro on the inside of either side pocket and there is a hole/slit on the top of either side pocket to run the hose through and out up to the straps.

I would also suggest he take down the estimated delivery time! That would save him a lot of headaches. I would also suggest he hire a local to be his "social media assistant" to answer the 10,000 requests he probably gets a day. If I was local, I would do it for a free mini!:thmbup:

Because of the comments mentioned here, I will never buy a Gorilla Boy Disc Bag...I am a noted IMPATIENT man and not knowing when I would get my purchase would drive me into the 13th layer of INSANITY...

Business is about entering into an agreement, or contract, and then upholding the terms.if you waited an exorbent amount of time for something and then long after the fact were told 'well, you can always cancel' how do you think YOU would take it?

I actually expressed a desire to cancel 5 weeks in when I found the obscure message boads where he keeps customers 'in the know' , I was met with assurances that were also not upheld.

I get it. Mom and pop, sewn with the blood sweat and tears of GB himself. My bag will be incredible, ill use it lovingly for years. I applaud GB's ability to do what he does. But from the beginning my arguement has been about setting and controlling customer expectations to maintain satisfaction. Very simple.

Business is about entering into an agreement, or contract, and then upholding the terms.if you waited an exorbent amount of time for something and then long after the fact were told 'well, you can always cancel' how do you think YOU would take it?

I actually expressed a desire to cancel 5 weeks in when I found the obscure message boads where he keeps customers 'in the know' , I was met with assurances that were also not upheld.

I get it. Mom and pop, sewn with the blood sweat and tears of GB himself. My bag will be incredible, ill use it lovingly for years. I applaud GB's ability to do what he does. But from the beginning my arguement has been about setting and controlling customer expectations to maintain satisfaction. Very simple.

I have always been about giving time lines and all that and I was always able to keep my deadlines, but then again I was only behind 2 - 6 bags at that time and keeping up just fine. where the problem started was when I started putting bags up in the store before I had them made, granted they were cut out and ready to be made. but I was still keeping up with the demand at that time. well then last year just after thanksgiving the demand hit the roof and flooded me and the closest I've to caught up since then was about 30 orders behind which at that time I had the 6 week thing up on the store cause at that time I was getting them out in about 6 weeks. and then spring time came and orders were coming in twice as fast as they were for christmas and that's when I got really bogged down and had to figure out a better way to get my self caught up (personally I totally hate being behind and not having a clue what to tell someone when they ask how long its gonna be). so that's when I stopped doing orders by the order they had been coming in and switched over to doing multiples of the same bag at one time to be more efficient even though I knew it was gonna make some orders wait longer than I really ever wanted them to. and once I started doing that I stopped putting any thing new on the store to keep sales at a minimum and would only put something on the store for someone as long as they fully understood that they would be waiting for some time possibly depending on what it is they wanted to order. all in all I have been going crazy trying to catch up and keep every one happy even though I know its not some thing I can do keeping every one happy all the time. all I know is once I get through this the way thing are gonna be is I will make 24 of what ever bag and I am not putting it on the store until the bag is finished, which is actually I was was doing it at first but someone convinced me to do it the other way a while ago and well.... that's why I ended up being behind so far, and I'm not letting it happen again.
and I know the store says "at least 6 weeks" and I honestly thought people would understand that, which is on me and I'm doing every thing I can to make sure its understood the right way and I am planning on taking it down because once I get back to where I wanna be at I will be shipping orders out within a couple days of being ordered.

I hope you guys don't feel like I'm ranting or giving some sad excuse I totally understand every ones side of this and I'm right there with ya, some times I just feel like some people forget how small I really am as a business and I feel like I have to explain it all... I have quite the tornado of a life