• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Graffiti at courses

RonRoc

So, I have been trying to get people to stop signing tee posts/signs, benches, baskets, etc, at our local course. We are planning to provide specific posts at the ace holes for signatures to appease the players. This is a reply I got from someone that plays at our local course in Michigan:

"what is the difference your still gonna have post with names all over them. if your gonna make it against the rules to sign post dont half ass it!quit crying about signing posts for aces its part of the game deal with it. look at flip. best course in MI graffiti everywhere"

Just thought I would share it with the Disc Golf Community. And I am sure Bill at Flip City is not necessarely supportive of people signing everything at his course.
:wall:

Graffiti = Litter. Just in a different form. You're leaving your 'mark' on other peoples' property. If you do this you suck as a human. I don't know Bill at Flip City, but he should institute his own 'Star Chamber' and punish those fools. Maybe their discs should be confiscated and Bill should get to do some custom graffit on them??? Or maybe the polluting losers should have to play all their rounds with clear Latitude 64 discs that they can't find.

Something I have learned:

Rational people are quiet and don't usually push their opinion too hard unless forced to do so.

Douchebags are the loudest and most opinionated and are almost always pushing a douchey point.

Rational people are quiet and don't usually push their opinion too hard unless forced to do so.

Douchebags are the loudest and most opinionated and are almost always pushing a douchey point.

This is so true.

luckily i havent seen grafiti on my usual courses. hope it all stops because it is an eye sore.

Okay, so the relevance of your comment to the subject is what? You said absolutely nothing of the original comment about graffiti. Graffiti is graffiti, no matter how you look at it. Whether it's on the side of a building, on a train, or on a post at your local course. I think it's awesome that people get Aces, I wish I could.... But, there's absolutely no reason to deface posts, benches, trees or signs with your name and "Ace" written next to it. Keep it to yourself or between the group you're playing with. Tell your friends and acquaintances about it, but don't screw someone else's property up to "tell the world" about it. It just pisses people off.

Okay, so the relevance of your comment to the subject is what? You said absolutely nothing of the original comment about graffiti. Graffiti is graffiti, no matter how you look at it. Whether it's on the side of a building, on a train, or on a post at your local course. I think it's awesome that people get Aces, I wish I could.... But, there's absolutely no reason to deface posts, benches, trees or signs with your name and "Ace" written next to it. Keep it to yourself or between the group you're playing with. Tell your friends and acquaintances about it, but don't screw someone else's property up to "tell the world" about it. It just pisses people off.

I think the relevance of Bill's comment has to do with the comment, "what is the difference your still gonna have post with names all over them. if your gonna make it against the rules to sign post dont half ass it!quit crying about signing posts for aces its part of the game deal with it. look at flip. best course in MI graffiti everywhere," that was left for the OP.

I wouldent sighn stuff at the course, but to me, its not a big deal, if i see someone who marked an ace on a sign or basket, i don't get upset, its not that big of a deal, and theres nothing ya can do to change it.

FYI, this was my reply to the guy:

>>Joe: Ask Bill at Flip if he wants all of his **** signed, He has certain places where it is accepted, that is all we are doing. Whitehall Township folks don't want it. It's not a metro course, it looks like ****, it is NOT part of the game as you claim. Therefore, we will provide a place to sign so that our equipment, which costs lots of money as well as time to install and maintain will not look like ****. If that is a tough one to grasp, play at Mcgraft and sign away. I do not think it is too much to ask, what makes you or anyone else who throws an ace think anyone else gives a ****. Most people do not know them anyway, it is a great feat personally, but I do not need to be reminded every time I play that hole. Sign your disc and call it good. Look around the country and see how "accepted" graffiti is at local courses, yes it happens, but that does not mean its part of the game. Many places, including Whitehall, see it as a very disrespectful gesture. Once one person does it that draws all kinds of monkeys out of the woodwork that want to sign benches, porta-jons, baskets, etc. Thanks

FYI, this was my reply to the guy:

>>Joe: Ask Bill at Flip if he wants all of his **** signed, He has certain places where it is accepted, that is all we are doing. Whitehall Township folks don't want it. It's not a metro course, it looks like ****, it is NOT part of the game as you claim. Therefore, we will provide a place to sign so that our equipment, which costs lots of money as well as time to install and maintain will not look like ****. If that is a tough one to grasp, play at Mcgraft and sign away. I do not think it is too much to ask, what makes you or anyone else who throws an ace think anyone else gives a ****. Most people do not know them anyway, it is a great feat personally, but I do not need to be reminded every time I play that hole. Sign your disc and call it good. Look around the country and see how "accepted" graffiti is at local courses, yes it happens, but that does not mean its part of the game. Many places, including Whitehall, see it as a very disrespectful gesture. Once one person does it that draws all kinds of monkeys out of the woodwork that want to sign benches, porta-jons, baskets, etc. Thanks

Someones favorite word is ****, i can see ;)

Sign your disc not anything that is not yours. Have everyone in you group sign it. For one, ace are not that rare is disc golf; granted not everyone makes an ace. I know many players with multiple aces. The course would start to look getto if everyone signed the tee sign, ect.

****, sorry about the language....lol

Im jsut messn around ;)

Anyways, yeah, i agree that it is dumb to go sighning your name on other peoples stuff, especially when they don't know you, don't want to now you, and probly never will know you. I just look past it and get on with the round, but if i owned a course, id be prety upset if someone sighned my baskets/signs. Id probly hide in the bushes with a BB gun and shoot em as they went to sighn it, that would teach em a lesson ;)

I actually thought that this thread was going to be in appreciation of good grafiti on golf courses and I was looking forward to seeing some great pictures of modern day irreverant art work.
Instead everyone is just bashing poor young artists who's only crime is that the world is the canvass for their beautiful forms of artistic expression.

204087364_6947875ce7.jpg

Sign your disc not anything that is not yours. Have everyone in you group sign it. For one, ace are not that rare is disc golf; granted not everyone makes an ace. I know many players with multiple aces. The course would start to look getto if everyone signed the tee sign, ect.

If there is no good place for me to sign, I usually just sign the basket or a prominent near-by tree. Personally I would like to make up some neon signs so when I do get Aces, I can simply hang up my sign that says, "Wayne Aced this hole!"

There's always a good place available to sign your aces.

Your own disc.

You can take the memories with you.

And it's yours.

There's always a good place available to sign your aces.

Your own disc.

You can take the memories with you.

And it's yours.

No way! If it's not marked out in some type of public way, how will the world know?!?!? What if I'm driving home and die in a car accident before ever being able to proclaim my excellence to all of my friends, who don't really care anyway???

That would be totally unacceptable. I carry 2 sharpies and 2 cans of spray pain in my bag at all times so that should I get an ace, the world will clearly be aware of it!!

Wow. For a minute there I thought I was the douche bag. I have always known that, but didn't think billnchristy did. But now I am happy to see it was the other guy. Cool.

Latest posts