• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ A-Series Large Tour Bag

I've been contemplating which backpack bag to get for a few months now but I just finally pulled the trigger on an all black A-Series b/c I'm sick of my Discarier (even with my Quad Shocks). Hope I made the right choice, I believe I did.

you will love it

does grip ever answer the phone? I've tried calling them a million times because my invioce says I didn't finish my transaction.

does grip ever answer the phone? I've tried calling them a million times because my invioce says I didn't finish my transaction.

I had no problem contacting them thru their website, via email. Prompt replies and had my questions answered quickly. Might want to give that a try.

i have only used my rain fly a few times, and when i got it out yesterday, i noticed a hole in the top corner
then i figured out, the rainfly material, pulled out from under the snap that holds it on to the top RH side

i think they should sandwich the flys material, with the tougher nylon webbing that goes around the edge, on the top snaps
like they do on the bottom snaps

sent a pic to grip, and they are taking care of it for me :hfive:

long story short, be nice to your rain fly snaps when removing it from the bag ;)

Just got my blue and Gray A-Series in. I have it all loaded up with everything from my FADE Tourney bag and now I need to find more stuff to fill it with ;)

I am really looking forward to getting out on the course with this bag.

Just got my blue and Gray A-Series in. I have it all loaded up with everything from my FADE Tourney bag and now I need to find more stuff to fill it with ;)

I am really looking forward to getting out on the course with this bag.
I've had my all black A-Series for about a month & it is the best bag I've ever purchased. I've had the Fade Tourney, Innova Discarrier, Innova Competition, Innova Standard & Revo Carolina Team Bags. I've used DGA Gel Strapz, Innova Backstraps, Fade Weatherguard Straps & Phenix Quad Shocks (The best back straps). There is no bag & backpack strap combination that is anywhere close to a Grip Bag. It holds the perfect number of discs for me (22 Discs) & has ample enough storage for me extra stuff for casual or tourney play. I really like how I can carry an umbrella & a stoll without having to choose between them. I've seen guys in tourneys & leagues that have other backpack bags (like the DD Ranger) that only have one spot to carry a stool or umbrella, not both. I've seen guys pick the stool over the umbrella & then it started raining. The rain-fly is also an amazing feature that I've grown to love a lot. The way Grip designs bags are amazing & on a whole other level from most (if not all) all other backpack bags. Now I understand why so many pros & great Ams use a Grip Bag. I always told myself backpack bags weren't worth the $, now I clearly see that they're more than worth it. Who woulda known, that you get what you pay for :D

I've had my all black A-Series for about a month & it is the best bag I've ever purchased. I've had the Fade Tourney, Innova Discarrier, Innova Competition, Innova Standard & Revo Carolina Team Bags. I've used DGA Gel Strapz, Innova Backstraps, Fade Weatherguard Straps & Phenix Quad Shocks (The best back straps). There is no bag & backpack strap combination that is anywhere close to a Grip Bag. It holds the perfect number of discs for me (22 Discs) & has ample enough storage for me extra stuff for casual or tourney play. I really like how I can carry an umbrella & a stoll without having to choose between them. I've seen guys in tourneys & leagues that have other backpack bags (like the DD Ranger) that only have one spot to carry a stool or umbrella, not both. I've seen guys pick the stool over the umbrella & then it started raining. The rain-fly is also an amazing feature that I've grown to love a lot. The way Grip designs bags are amazing & on a whole other level from most (if not all) all other backpack bags. Now I understand why so many pros & great Ams use a Grip Bag. I always told myself backpack bags weren't worth the $, now I clearly see that they're more than worth it. Who woulda known, that you get what you pay for :D

and a couple old guy rookie chuckers

My first impression of the bag are that it is very solidly built with more than enough storage for anything I could want on the course. I particularly like the separate mounting areas for both a stool and umbrella as well as the separate stash pocket for keys, wallet, and phone that is away from everything else to keep them from getting damaged. I can't wait to get it out to the course tomorrow to see how it performs there.

I would like to thank everyone for their input on this bag. I have been considering purchasing this for many months and I have finally pulled the trigger.

I am a casual disc golf player and I play between 2-4 rounds per week. I will definitely be playing more as soon as I graduate college in December but I feel really good about this purchase as it is the last disc golf bag that I will ever have to buy.

Oh, I ordered it in all black to avoid it looking dirty after I use it a bunch.

Anyone wanna do me a solid favor and take a couple pictures of the inside of the side storage and valuables pockets? I want to know if there are pockets within those pockets to put smaller items like snacks, birdie bag, minis, cash, etc.

Also, as long as you're snapping pics, it would be great if you could show me if you can get an XL hoodie or jacket in there. And, lastly, I would love to get some dimensions on this bag 20" wide 17" tall - 10" deep, etc. Please take measurements without the hoodie, jacket stuffed into the side pocket.

I'd really appreciate the help - thanks guys!