• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ large bag

Yeah $260 for limited edition colors,$300 for signature editions. Other than the signature there's no difference between those and the $200 dollar black and two-tone so I went with the two-tone.

Unfair trade practice

I finally got the grip login and when I went to the site it only gave me the option to purchase a bag that costs $60-100 more than the previously advertised price of $200.

This is a classic bait and switch and violates Kentucky and Federal laws regarding unfair trade practices. I have sent an email to grip concerning my feelings on the subject. If I do not receive a satisfactory response I will seek appropriate legal remedies.

This type of bush league practice should not be tolerated. I think everyone should boycott Grip until they solve this issue.

their best response would be for you to be placed on an additional waiting list, the credibility of justin and his grip eq company are about as quality as his original product :thmbdown:

From Wiki:
"In the United States, courts have held that the purveyor using a bait-and-switch operation may be subject to a lawsuit by customers for false advertising, and can be sued for trademark infringement by competing manufacturers, retailers, and others who profit from the sale of the product used as bait. However, no cause of action will exist if the purveyor is capable of actually selling the goods advertised, but aggressively pushes a competing product.

Likewise, advertising a sale while intending to stock a limited amount of, and thereby sell out, a loss-leading item advertised is legal in the United States. The purveyor can escape liability if they make clear in their advertisements that quantities of items for which a sale is offered are limited, or by offering a rain check on sold-out items."

I agree that it was lame to not have enough standard edition bags to cover the wait list, but I don't think what they did was illegal. Bags were offered at the $200 price, it's unfortunate you weren't able to get one.

I disagree--at least under Kentucky's Consumer Protection Act. It is never a good idea to rely on Wiki. The following is just one example from a synopsis of a Kentucky case on the subject:

"Jury's finding that used-car dealer had engaged in false, misleading, or deceptive trade practices leading to actual losses suffered by prospective buyers was supported, in action under the Kentucky Consumer Protection Act (KCPA), by testimony that dealer advertised a particular vehicle at just under $5,000, told prospective buyers that it had been sold after telling them over telephone that it was still available, showed them a second car priced around $14,000 that it let them drive away without any agreement as to credit terms, sold their trade-in vehicle before financing was arranged on second car, and threatened to repossess second car if they did not come up with full price in cash. KRS 367.170, 367.220(1)."

"The KCPA expressly provides that punitive damages may be awarded in appropriate cases."

Craig & Bishop, Inc. v. Piles, Ky., 247 S.W.3d 897 (2008).

I realize that Wiki is not the best source, but neither is an unrelated court case where someone actually suffered financially. Have you lost anything in this? You're free to pursue this angle if you want, no offense intended, I just don't see it being very successful. I'm not trying to start a debate over something I admit I don't know very much about.

The way I see it, a golfer started a business trying to provide a good product and he's learning a lot about business the hard way. I prefer to give someone in this position some slack because I respect what he's doing. Threatening legal action because I got my feelings hurt is not the way I would approach it, but maybe that's just me.

I finally got the grip login and when I went to the site it only gave me the option to purchase a bag that costs $60-100 more than the previously advertised price of $200.

This is a classic bait and switch and violates Kentucky and Federal laws regarding unfair trade practices. I have sent an email to grip concerning my feelings on the subject. If I do not receive a satisfactory response I will seek appropriate legal remedies.

This type of bush league practice should not be tolerated. I think everyone should boycott Grip until they solve this issue.

You're kidding right? Grow up.:p

Law suite, probably not. Boycott, I think they did it to themselves. I know I was ready to drop $200 on a bag but I got sick of the lack of communication and follow through. Spent my money somewhere else. That is my silent boycott.

Voodoo!!!!!!

:clap:

Law suite, probably not. Boycott, I think they did it to themselves. I know I was ready to drop $200 on a bag but I got sick of the lack of communication and follow through. Spent my money somewhere else. That is my silent boycott.

If you want to suck the nuts of touring pros, get a grip bag. if you want a quality product from a quality company get a voodoo or golf mahal.

I was in on the grip pre-orders. I waited for my bag. The first run bag I got wasn't even a completed product. It was missing snaps and zippers were busted. I was promised the first of the replacements. He told me not to worry and he would contact me when they came in. When the first batch of 2nd runs came out and people, especially touring pros, started getting bags I contacted Justin about where mine was. I was apparently forgotten about and didn't get my replacement until the 3rd batch of 2nd runs came in. The design of the grip really isn't all that revolutionary or functional. The putter pocket really isn't that great. The pocket space is minimal. The only cool thing was how the water bottle holders fit tight to the body so that the bag would not pull down.

The price on these was bound to go up. GripEq probably lost out on a lot of money when they had to replace the entire first run or pre-orders. In the end he needs to make money and knows folks will pay for the bag.

Save your $300. wait for Golf Mahal to put out new bags. The bag is 1000% better and will last 3 times as long.

1000%! Amazing! lol

I wasn't happy with my initial wait for the 2nd run bag, but since I got the bag I have nothing but good things to say about it. Design, quality and function are all top notch.

Honestly you guys need to just suck it up or move on. I got on the waitlist in August, got my number called in September, missed the boat twice for all black, and finally got my bag in October. Yea the wait sucked, but was it worth it, definitely. Having owned 3 Revolution bags, an innova bag, and a gateway bag, this is light years past all of those. It is well designed ( I cannot stress how well), appears well made, and is light as a feather.

For those of you who are complaining about the cost of the color options. I bet at least $50/bag is going to Nate and Val for the signature editions. Top pros need touring money, be happy to support them. Limited edition colors are just that limited, this marketing technique has been perfected by Porsche and Apple. Remember the U2 iPod? $100 more for red and black instead of white. Look up the Porsche limited editions, you get a different color and some stickers for $5k more. They're taking a great product and building exclusivity for those who want it.

Lastly, to those calling bait and switch. You paid nothing to get on the waitlist, just wait for the next shipment. If you can't get another bag.

But I bet you'll regret not getting this one.

but would you be happy if it just got dumped on you for $270-300?

I'd just get a black or black/grey myself. No one's forcing anyone to buy the bag so I don't really get what you mean by "dumped on you". I'm sure the mahal's a great bag, there are a lot of great bags on the market right now which is fantastic.

If I was still in the market for a bag I'd definitely still be considering a grip. I've never seen a mahal in person and I'd love to check one out, but from the pictures, i just don't like the look of it. I'm sure there are great things about it as well, but from my first hand experience with the grip, I love it. The putter pocket and the pocket below it, with the key clip, etc. are two of my favorite features of the bag. I don't find that I'm lacking any space at all with the existing pockets and it just looks a hell of a lot better than the mahal, IMO. But hey, I don't care what people carry their plastic around in, I'm just happy to see so much specific DG stuff out there on the market. It's great to see so many options!

Don't think of it as 15% of the retail price. Let's assume 30% normal gross margin on the bag (cost is $140, I personally think this is high, cost is probably more around $115). Then we have a $100 increase for embroidering and color change. Granted its a limited number of bags, but still I dont think the cost increase is more than $30/bag. So now Justin is making $300 for $170, $50 out of $130 is going to Nate/Val. 38% of the gross margin goes to Val/Nate, seems to make sense, definitely compared to Innova costs on CFR discs.

What in the name of God do you guys carry? You could go hiking into the Grand Canyon for three days with all the shiz this thing could carry. I just could never justify it, lol.

Maybe not three days, but it really is pretty big. Definitely cool, though.

they will probably be available really late today if not tomorrow. when they sent the pre-release email they first sent one early in the afternoon saying they will be sending another email in the evening with the log-in info, and then they finally sent the second email that allowed us to buy a bag around 11pm CST.

Latest posts