• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ large bag

Agreed. It's just funny how their price used to sound offensive, and now it seems OK. Plus they are actually a REAL backpack company, with years of experience and quality products. Just sayin'.

Agreed...the mahal is obnoxiously big too. If you aren't traveling hardcore...it just doesn't seem necessary...wear it on your home course and just look like a newb IMO.

Yeah...thats just dumb. Get on the next preorder heh. Stop wasting money

Wow. I can't believe how impatient some people are. Just wait a couple months and get one for $200. Or maybe they think this is the only run of bags they're going to make. I just couldn't rationalize spending $350 for a disc golf bag that is going to be available to the public for $200 at the beginning of March, but I guess some people just have more money to waste than I do.

if I had that kind of money
I would spend it on CE FBs

cause you are right...couple of months get the second run with some improved features for $200

if you wanted one that bad why didn't you pre-order???? :doh:

you don't think those ebay auctions are bogus? a (seemingly) single bidder has placed the last 3 bids, and the only bids over $200.

i've got a plenty vivid imagination, but i just can't see those prices for these bags.

The Mahal production is starting after they finish their back order of skiing gear. They're no longer going to offer the ACU. The Multi-cam a $40 option might be discontunied as well. I myself can't wait to get my Mahal, just need them to start production. You don't even want to know why they aren't making those colors anymore.

if I had that kind of money
I would spend it on CE FBs

cause you are right...couple of months get the second run with some improved features for $200

if you wanted one that bad why didn't you pre-order???? :doh:

True dat.......I just can't understand it heh.

all that is doing is setting his maximum bid...not to say its not fishy..but just sayin'

The Mahal production is starting after they finish their back order of skiing gear. They're no longer going to offer the ACU. The Multi-cam a $40 option might be discontunied as well. I myself can't wait to get my Mahal, just need them to start production. You don't even want to know why they aren't making those colors anymore.

I DO want to know why! Please share. Btw, I've had my Mahal for 7 months now and it is incredible. Got to see the GRIP bag at World's this past summer and I was not impressed at all. For anyone who has actually seen both bags side by side AND PUT BOTH BAGS on their shoulders, there is no way that they could honestly say the GRIP bag even remotely compares to the Mahal. For $50 more bucks you get a bag that has already been through a couple productions and is made by LEGIT backpack people!

The thing that I am wondering ( I haven't heard back from J@ yet) is weather this next run of bags will have the problems fixed. I read the dgr forum about this bag and a lot of people seem to have stitching issues. The putter pocket and water bottle pocket (tightness) problems come to mind as well. I am fine waiting for the next run if the problems that have surfaced will be fixed.

I saw the bag at USDGC and I liked it. I'm not one to chase trends and I usually don't buy products that are new and untested by the masses (something I learned owning a recording studio and buying software).

Anyone have any info on this? How has he handled the problems from those of you who own the bags so far?

PS anyone want to pre order my GB bag and Quads?

Cool that this dude will step up. I don't know the guy, but I feel like he is handling things real well, post-distribution. I actually just called him (don't have home email access at work) and left a message about the quiver pocket. We will see what comes of the situation. I don't want or expect anything new or replaced, just want to make him aware in case there are future problems. Don't want it deemed misuse since it has been noticed without use.

J@ just called me back. Super stoked with how he handled the situation. I will be emailing him photos of my bag (with my issue pointed out) and he will stand behind the bag if it results in tears or other problems later. I told him that I don't need/want it to be replaced now, but I did want to make him aware of the issue in the off chance that there are future problems.